Top 5 attractions that need to go

Beacon Joe

I'm sorry, but, none of the above mentioned attractions "need to go"! What needs to happen is for you not to go to them. See, sometimes simple solutions are the best way to solve problems. You don't go... you're happy. The rest of us still get to go and we are happy. It's a wonderful life. The other plus is the things that you like, that we don't, get to stay as well, really there is no end to the cumulative joy.

Show the doctor on the doll where the bad thread touched you.

Or take your own advice and decline to click on threads that are of no interest.

wdwfan4ver

SGE - Can someone make up their mind on what will be replacing this attraction instead being a seasonal attraction?
Speedway
primevil whirl - Roller coaster that causes neck problems. This ride has caused people that don't have neck problems to get one.
Indiana Jones Stunt show - While the show can be updated, the park is going away from movie production.
Enchanted Tales with Belle - My reasoning is the very low Capacity the attraction has in a park that actually needs higher capacity attractions.

Honorable Mentions:
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage. The show has been around for a very long time and I'm a big surprised disney kept this live stage show this long considering how they they get a ride of live stage shows after so long.
Princess Fairytale Hall - Tangled would be better here as a ride. Tangle as a ride beats of going into a bathroom that needs a stove since it already has frying pans.
Voyage of the Little Mermaid - same issue as Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage.

Last edited:

WEDwaydatamover

Which attractions to get rid of....

1. Character meet and greets posing as attractions.
2. Gift shops where attractions once were.
3. Attractions once free to roam now slightly open for a nominal fee. Castle.
4. Seasonally operated attractions.
5. Attractions that once stood in a normally operated Magic Kingdom not flipped twice a day where normally operating hours once stood. The Cheshire Cats head is spinning.

And extra credit regret-it! goes to-
Stitch

The Cinderella boyz are fuming I can feel it.

Last edited:

danyoung56

There are only 2 attractions on my list, and they both make me angry when I see them - Stitch and Imagination both really REALLY need to go, replaced by something that the Imagineers can be proud of.

Lora Baines Bradley

1. SGE (for obvious reasons)
2. Circle of Life (so outdated. The film quality is awful and the actual film has not aged well.)
I can't really think of any others. Most of the attractions I have qualms with just need updating (JII, Nemo, and Peter Pan) and there's others I don't really like but wouldn't tear out (for instance, not a big POTC fan. Wouldn't trash it, though, because it's a huge part of WDW history and it's beloved by many.)

Adam Snider

I'm in the Minority, I actually like Ellen, think Mission Space is cool, and Figment is a must do for me. Just my opinion. I don't like seeing attractions go, especially when there is enough space to add without taking away, but I would like to see some updated. Like CoP and I love Philhar Magic but if they updated the animation it would be that much better!

The_Jobu

5. Both DHS and DAK. The entire parks.

12123537.jpg

Darth Figment

Things that need to go
#1 hall of presidents
#2 circle of life
#3 tomorrow land speed way
#4 gran fiesta tour /three caballeros
#5 Ellen's energy adventure

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I'm sorry, but, none of the above mentioned attractions "need to go"! What needs to happen is for you not to go to them. See, sometimes simple solutions are the best way to solve problems. You don't go... you're happy. The rest of us still get to go and we are happy. It's a wonderful life. The other plus is the things that you like, that we don't, get to stay as well, really there is no end to the cumulative joy.
I never said anyone was going to agree with any of my decisions. Nor did I say that I force myself to experience these attractions. I just thought it would be interesting to see where people stand with attractions they don't particularly like and would like to see completely replaced. We all have some. And they all vary.

Another great solution is if you don't like the topic of the thread and it offends you very easily, don't read it or post in it and let others enjoy the purpose of the thread and have a bit of fun. :) Basically your advice given right back to you.

Goofyernmost

OMG, if an opposing opinion offends you that easily you should put me on Ignore because I tend to disagree with a lot of things and I don't intend to go away. My post wasn't meant to be personal, it was a general condemnation of any state of mind that feels that because they don't like something it should be bulldozed into oblivion. It should always stay until general interest in it is gone, then replaced. Never... I don't like it... it should go. They do that enough now and they really don't need to. I do not want to encourage them, their bad enough as it is.

a goofy username

i wouldn't miss dino-rama, even as a fan of kitschy roadside americana aesthetics (like the cabazon dinosaurs). dino-rama just doesn't pull the parody/homage thing off well, and it's really jarring in context with the rest of the park.

stitch was mildly amusing the first time. now it's just tedious. wish i was around to experience alien encounter

innoventions innoventions innoventions. also, innoventions

just my opinions yall

21stamps

I have to say I'm surprised at all the Swiss Family Treehouse hate! I like it and one time I even made my whole family watch the movie so they'd know what it was about. Well, poo! For me, we all hated the Tiki Bird Lounge, thought it was incredibly stupid. And in all our trips, I have yet to see the Ellen thing so I can't judge there. Also, I'm not fond of the kiddie area, like the tea cups and Aladin, but we just skip those. I wouldn't want them removed because of the children that enjoy them.
I was just about to say this!!

Why all of the treehouse and TSI hate? There's no way that either attraction can actually bother a bystander.

We love the Speedway and the Tea Cups, and definitely Mission Space. I'm not understanding the removal of them.. maybe keep walking if an attraction doesn't interest you? This is what we do with all of the Princess M&Gs
I can understand a "top 5 attractions you don't like" but "need to go?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom