Top 5 attractions that need to go

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
OMG, if an opposing opinion offends you that easily you should put me on Ignore because I tend to disagree with a lot of things and I don't intend to go away. My post wasn't meant to be personal, it was a general condemnation of any state of mind that feels that because they don't like something it should be bulldozed into oblivion. It should always stay until general interest in it is gone, then replaced. Never... I don't like it... it should go. They do that enough now and they really don't need to. I do not want to encourage them, their bad enough as it is.
4619378.gif

Magenta Panther

1. Jungle Cruise. Yes, it has an attached restaurant (which I haven't had the pleasure of visiting yet), but the ride is still hopelessly out-of-date and cheesy. It needs to be beefed up, although I admit I haven't the faintest idea how it could be done, given its limitations.
2. Ellen's Energy Adventure. Snore
3. Stitch. PLEASE.
4. Muppets (still think a Guardians attraction ought to go there, if anywhere, given the location near Star Wars)
5. Country Bear Jamboree. I REALLY hate to say that, I loved it as a kid. But the AA's look kinda lame now, especially when compared to the AAs in Frozen. I'd much rather it go than the Tiki Birds, which I think holds up a lot better. Still love the thunderstorm!

DABIGCHEEZ

Attractions that need updating:
COP... the idea is still great but needs to be made to reflect more recent times.
U of E w/ Ellen
Swiss Family Tree House... update to Tarzan or even Chip&Dale.

Attractions that need a complete replacement...
Jungle Cruise... When you have a whole park with REAL animals... time to end the unfunny jokes.
Indiana Jones stunt show...so many options to replace a very old show.
Enchanted Tiki Room.. SNOOZEFEST!

DABIGCHEEZ

1. Jungle Cruise. Yes, it has an attached restaurant (which I haven't had the pleasure of visiting yet), but the ride is still hopelessly out-of-date and cheesy. It needs to be beefed up, although I admit I haven't the faintest idea how it could be done, given its limitations.
2. Ellen's Energy Adventure. Snore
3. Stitch. PLEASE.
4. Nothing to see here...Skip right to number 5...
5. Country Bear Jamboree. I REALLY hate to say that, I loved it as a kid. But the AA's look kinda lame now, especially when compared to the AAs in Frozen. I'd much rather it go than the Tiki Birds, which I think holds up a lot better. Still love the thunderstorm!

Fixed that for ya...;)
Funny I feel exactly the same way you do but for CBJ over the Tikis. The Under New Management at least had some energy and action.

Magenta Panther

Fixed that for ya...;)
Funny I feel exactly the same way you do but for CBJ over the Tikis. The Under New Management at least had some energy and action.

Didn't need fixing. Here it is again, in living color: 4. Muppets (still think a Guardians attraction ought to go there, if anywhere, given the location near Star Wars)
Plus that attraction is way more dated than even the Bears.

Under New Management was, in my opinion, appalling, and not because it was a change. As I've mentioned before, the Iago AA was terrible. Didn't look like the character, didn't even look much like a bird. The show was more abrasive than funny, and had little of the charm and magic of the original. I'm glad it caught fire (the wrath of Walt!) and got changed back. Just to be clear, I have no issue with classic attractions being refreshed (see my comment about The Jungle Cruise). I'd just like the changes to be an improvement, or at least not harmful. For instance, I have no issue with Jack Sparrow being in the Pirates ride. Why not? He is now a classic Disney character. IMO, he belongs there, and his inclusion didn't hurt the ride a bit.

So let's agree to disagree with each other. I'm okay with that - so much so that I'm not going to change any of your comments. We good?

Tk0021

I can only comment on the ones I was on......

Circle of life
Imagination
Enchanted tales with belle. I would like a Belle attraction but this one is lame.
Speedway
Stitch.

DABIGCHEEZ

Didn't need fixing. Here it is again, in living color: 4. Muppets (still think a Guardians attraction ought to go there, if anywhere, given the location near Star Wars)
Plus that attraction is way more dated than even the Bears.

Under New Management was, in my opinion, appalling, and not because it was a change. As I've mentioned before, the Iago AA was terrible. Didn't look like the character, didn't even look much like a bird. The show was more abrasive than funny, and had little of the charm and magic of the original. I'm glad it caught fire (the wrath of Walt!) and got changed back. Just to be clear, I have no issue with classic attractions being refreshed (see my comment about The Jungle Cruise). I'd just like the changes to be an improvement, or at least not harmful. For instance, I have no issue with Jack Sparrow being in the Pirates ride. Why not? He is now a classic Disney character. IMO, he belongs there, and his inclusion didn't hurt the ride a bit.

So let's agree to disagree with each other. I'm okay with that - so much so that I'm not going to change any of your comments. We good?

I was good before, I am good now and will be good in the future....

Chef Mickey

I know I'm not going to make friends with a couple on my list. :)

(In no particular order)
1. Stitch. Heck, I actually do miss Mission to Mars compared to this one.
2. Journey Away from Any Sort of Imagination, Featuring Figment's ADHD Cousin. I'm old and miss my Dreamfinder.
3. Space Mountain. /Dodges rotten fruit being thrown. Honestly, I've always felt it was kind of lame. I know I'm in the tiny minority.
4. Ellen. Sigh, I love the ride vehicles and the old fogey in me loves pretending I'm back in 1983 going through the dinosaur part, but it's a bit of an embarrassment now. Forget bringing in the Guardians, though. Epcot needs to go back to being EPCOT. (I know it never will. Get off my lawn. :) )
5. Both DHS and DAK. The entire parks. DHS doesn't have a purpose any longer and DAK just kind of bored me. Neither were ever well-thought-out parks. They were reactions to other companies, rather than parks that other companies wanted to emulate.

Don't you dare get rid of my beloved Carousel of Progress or Tiki Birds, though. Yes, CoP needs an update BADLY, but it's the kind of classic Disney entertainment that is missing from so many new, fast-paced attractions. As for the Tiki Birds, they tried to update them once before. We all know what happened then. Let us not speak of it again. Just leave it alone and let me sit in it by myself and slowly wrinkle away surrounded by glorious old-school animatronics.
I had such high hopes when I saw your avatar. A new member who respects the intricacies of Abraham Lincoln's likeness. I knew you were a staunch supporter of attractions that tell history and keep us away from our cheap thrills and lazy movie connection.

I started to read your post and thought it was extremely coherent, well thought out, and detailed. Even as a new contributor, I knew you're not just coming to these forums to troll or leave one word responses. When I saw you mention Dreamfinder, my heart warmed as you can tell it would by my avatar.

However, I got to your third entry and it left me empty. I felt as though I was kicked in the chest, unable to breath. It is with this in mind that I will politely, in the most non-judging way possible, ask you to delete your account and come back under a new name. We'll pretend this never happened.

Beacon Joe

Enchanted tales with belle. I would like a Belle attraction but this one is lame.

Oh, that's a good one. Uh, I mean a bad one that is good to add to the "needs to go" list. That's one of the very few attractions that has had me wondering, "WTH am I doing here," and searching for the emergency exit.

jloucks

The Haunted House needs to go. Very outdated. It was there when I was a kid! Blech!

...wait for it.... wait for iiiiitttt...... :p

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Just a general question for the folks who say CBJ... Would your opinion change if it had the Vacation Hoedown and Christmas seasonal shows it used to have?

rk03221

Not necessarily in this order: (And they need to remove these and put something else in its place. Not leave it empty)

1. Circle of Life
2. Stitch
3. Tom Sawyer's Island
4. Tomorrowland Speedway
5. Dinoland (Yes, the entire thing.)

Im so glad someone agrees with me on Dinoland. The one thing Walt never ever wanted was Disney to feel "like a cheap carnival" and thats exactly was dinoland is. I hate it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom