Toontown expansion into the Speedway Area

tirian

Although Dueling Dragons is a rip-off of an earlier Beastly Kingdomme project (in the Disney version, you were fighting the dragons and nearly the entire coaster was contained in castle ruins), I don't think that's actually the reason Eisner pulled the entire land out of DAK. WDI could have come up with other concepts if necessary.

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah, the BK concept was put on the shelf way before Universal even thought about Dueling Dragons. The existence of DD would likely prevent a dragon coaster being part of any potential future BK, but the two were not directly related.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Original19 said:
poohsplayfulspot_small.jpg

... my 2¢

Is that a hidden Mickey in the grass?

Herk

Lee said:
Not since Everest opened. Since then attendance has been pretty much right where they want it at AK.
MK hasn't had an E-ticket since Splash, and apparently the "powers that be" think it's time.

I would call SGE an E-ride attraction and also what about Buzz Lightyear ride another E-ride attraction.

Checkmate :king:

But on a different level - I am not sure I would want to have a Beastly Kingdom - I would prefer them to mix them arround the park e.g. Have the Loch Ness monster in a lake in Dinoland USA - and theme it to be more like a Jurrasic park-type attraction with the Institute bringing back dinosaurs back from the past to put them back intio their natural habitat.

Secondly I would try to add a Narnia themed attraction to fill where Camp Mickey-Minnie is with a 'Quest for Aslan' type Labyrinth attraction. And a 'Quest for the Snow Queen' a dark ride attraction.

:king: :king: :king:

MMP

I think a fifth park is a little unneccesary, there's already so much to do and see at Disney that it would be better to add a few things into each park like the poster above mentioned. I'd rather see the current parks get the attention they deserve than see a new park built.

Lee

Adventurer
Herk said:
I would call SGE an E-ride attraction and also what about Buzz Lightyear ride another E-ride attraction.
And you would be alone in that thinking.
Disney does not consider either of those attractions to be "E-tickets".
:rolleyes:

Herk

Lee said:
And you would be alone in that thinking.
Disney does not consider either of those attractions to be "E-tickets".
:rolleyes:

From my understanding seen as I kinda know one of the previos ambassadors to the disney studios, he said that any attraction that receives a fastpass based machine are what disney currently claases as an 'E-tickets' which are currently changing.

Heck knowing disney they probably count any mountain as an 'E-tickets' and any dark ride an an 'F-ticket'

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Herk said:
From my understanding seen as I kinda know one of the previos ambassadors to the disney studios, he said that any attraction that receives a fastpass based machine are what disney currently claases as an 'E-tickets' which are currently changing.

Heck knowing disney they probably count any mountain as an 'E-tickets' and any dark ride an an 'F-ticket'
:veryconfu

"C" tickets, maybe.

No such thing as an "F" ticket.

tirian

Herk said:

Not exactly. :wave:

Peter Pan and WtP are two dark rides that are decidedly not E-tickets, yet they have FP. The Great Movie Ride is an E-ticket dark ride, yet doesn't have FP.

Fast Pass is assigned to attractions based on (a) the popularity of the attraction and (b) the attraction's existing capacity. It has very little to do with an attraction's status. Most E-tickets have the longest queues and therefore require FP; but the Haunted Mansion and PotC are both E-tickets and don't have FP, mostly because the attraction's existing capacity can handle the crowds. SSE is still the most-visited attraction at WDW (it's the first thing Epcot Guests encounter), yet the omnimover system doesn't require FP.

SGE was supposed to be an E-ticket. It's not. Buzz is a very nice D; but, hey, so is Peter Pan.

Lee is absolutely correct when he states that WDI wants the MK to have an E-ticket soon. The park's management has been trying to get another one for a while. Even though the MK has more attractions than any other Disney park, it is also the most visited theme park on earth. It needs another major attraction to properly distribute Guests. If you don't believe me, try to take a leisurely stroll between Splash Mountain and BTMRR on a summer day.

By the way, as far as I know, nothing has been greenlighted for the MK yet.

tirian

unkadug said:
:veryconfu

"C" tickets, maybe.

No such thing as an "F" ticket.

HM and PotC are E-tickets. Peter Pan, WtP, IaSW, and Buzz are Ds. I consider Snow White to be an enjoyable C-ticket, but I'm not sure what its actual status is.

Scar Junior

tirian said:
Lee is absolutely correct when he states that WDI wants the MK to have an E-ticket soon. The park's management has been trying to get another one for a while. Even though the MK has more attractions than any other Disney park, it is also the most visited theme park on earth. It needs another major attraction to properly distribute Guests. If you don't believe me, try to take a leisurely stroll between Splash Mountain and BTMRR on a summer day.

By the way, as far as I know, nothing has been greenlighted for the MK yet.

Does anyone know of any rumors regarding what the new E-ticket attraction would be? There has to be a few in a blue-sky phase. Anyone? Anyone at all?

Personally, an Indy ride in Adventureland would be the type I would be interested in. Unoriginal? Yes. But I have heard few other possibilities. Part of me also would like to see the Mountain Range expanded.:D

Legacy

Scar Junior said:
Does anyone know of any rumors regarding what the new E-ticket attraction would be? There has to be a few in a blue-sky phase. Anyone? Anyone at all?

Personally, an Indy ride in Adventureland would be the type I would be interested in. Unoriginal? Yes. But I have heard few other possibilities. Part of me also would like to see the Mountain Range expanded.:D
Two things for a project I had heard (on this board, from Lee... from a while ago):

It will have a height restriction & involved water.

My money leans towards Bald Mountain... ie the Villian's Ride.

That's what I personally want...

Scar Junior

Legacy said:
Two things for a project I had heard (on this board, from Lee... from a while ago):

It will have a height restriction & involved water.

My money leans towards Bald Mountain... ie the Villian's Ride.

That's what I personally want...

That would be killer! Ahh, maybe that was a bad choice of words.:zipit:

deathfire

Goofybynature said:
Not a bad idea, but I don't think Disney would get rid of the indy speedway. Its a disney classic. It keeps guest coming back again and it is probably going to be turned into a cars themed attraction sometime next year.
The ride is even so popular that when I walk by, it has a line a mile long.

DisneyBride94

Goofybynature said:
Not a bad idea, but I don't think Disney would get rid of the indy speedway. Its a disney classic. It keeps guest coming back again and it is probably going to be turned into a cars themed attraction sometime next year. This would be cheaper and possibly more profitable for disney then completely renovate the entire area. As for putting it the other side of the tracks, I pretty sure they proabably use this area for storing maintance vehicles and for basic offstage operations. But I'm not 100% sure about that one. But another land might breath a bit of fresh air into The Magic Kingdom but I would rather them concentrate on redoing Adventureland.

I think they should re-theme the Tomorrow Land Speedway for Car's and have it be the Piston Cup... that updates it... God I love Lightening McQueen. :) Speed, I am Speed.

Kachow!:slurp:

nyy102

I definitely think a re-theming of the Indy speedway to be based on Cars would be a good thing, as something definitely needs to be done to improve them.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
When the same attraction can be experienced at your local amusement park, what is the reason for keeping around an out-dated, noisy, polluting, large footprint attraction? :confused:

S.E.A.

unkadug said:
When the same attraction can be experienced at your local amusement park, what is the reason for keeping around an out-dated, noisy, polluting, large footprint attraction? :confused:

capacity

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom