Too Old For Wdw?

Mystic

You are NEVER too old for WDW and those that think that just don't get it. When my mom and I started going back in 2001 after a long hiatus, her first reaction when I initially suggested it was "I'm in my 50s, I'm too old to be going to Disney World" We've gone 3 times since 2001 and she has a blast every time. We're in the process of planning our next trip down.

If she's too old to be there what about all those seniors who go down? Nobody is ever too old for Disney World. If you think that you don't get the whole point of Disney World. My mom used to work for someone who took their family down, her daughters being about 6 and 8 and they said (the kids) that they were too old for the Magic Kingdom. When I heard this my first reaction was 'They don't get it'. My mom knows another lady who went down for 10 days for her honeymoon and despite being there when the hurricane hit they had a fantastic time. This lady thought they'd spend all their time at EPCOT because it was the more 'grown up' park. She fell in love with the magical Magic Kingdom.
The only time I'll ever be too old for Disney is when I'm dead.:D

SnowWhite5669

That's child abuse!!! :lol: My husband will be 50 next year and I can almost guarantee that he will still want to go to Disney for another 30 years! You're never too old!!

SnowWhite5669

canuck said:
I will be 71 in Oct. and I go every year and have an AP.Been going since 1986. Some people get old before their time.

That's awesome! Disney does keep you young! It's like the fountain of youth. My husband gets his hair cut everytime we are there and they do the colored gel and pixie dust. It really is a great place.

dave

although i agree you are never too old to go there i have just broke the computer because your reply made me sick!!!!!!!
dizknee said:
As long as you have an imagination, enjoy happiness and togetherness you are never too old for Disney.

I think her parents should take a shot of Metamucil.

EGNATZ1

6 Years ago we took my 80 year old mother in law . She enjoyed herself as much as any child. After a long day at Epcot we asked her if she wanted to see anything else her response I want to see everything.

So I don't think you are ever too old for Disney.

joshwill

I am 42. I have been going to wdw religously 3-4 times a year since I moved down to south florida from ny 7 years ago. I go solo too as my friends down here seem to think it is only for kids.

The way I feel is that going there helps me feel younger and happier. When I'm there I can forget about the rest of my life for a few days. Its very refreshing to see everyone you encounter smiling for a change.

When I talk to people about wdw, they always ask me if I'm going thru a second childhood. I tell them no, I'm not done with the first one yet.

hcswingfield

You are never too old to do something that makes you happy. If you forget how to be happy, you are too old no matter how many years you've lived. WDW makes me happy.

Connor002

i'll never be too old for disney

i'll love it till i die and i'll keep going till i use up every last cent to my name

Chorus:
O, I wish I was in Disney!
Hooray! Hooray!
In Disney Land I'll take my stand
To live and die in Disney
Away, away,
Away down south in Disney!
Run away, run away
run away to Disney Land!

(it's a work in progress, i've yet to finish the verses)

slappy magoo

Did the OP really think anyone was going to agree with parents who say "You're too old to go to Disney World?"

Playing Devil's Advocate, I would bet there's another reason why that particular family won't (or perhaps can't) go to Disney World, something that bothers them so much they actually think saying "Forget it, you're too old" is a suitable smokescreen. On the humorous side, maybe the members of the family get scared during SM or ToT. On the other, sadder, side, maybe the family is experiencing a money crunch they don't want their kid knowing about. Maybe their jobs are downsizing, and theyr'e afraid they'll be out of work soon and don't want to spend extra money on an expensive trip. Or there's some strife between mum and dad, again, something they're keeping from the kid. Lots of reasons that a person or a couple might be embarrassed to admit, so they think an otherwise snotty comment will settle the discussion, unaware that they could be hurting their child's feelings in the process. Sad, but not uncommon. We all have our dysfunctional days.

saltmom1

:dazzle:
MissM said:
Oh please. The thing that's great about Disney is that it allows all of us to be young at heart no matter our age.
-m
You are SO right,Miss M. My inlaws are in their 70s and still go to Disney, although not the same way I go to Disney-Commando style .

soin2disney

My opinion...

In my opinion, I'm 41, and I'll never be too old... I plan on retiring and getting a part-time job down there. Even though I have a LONG TIME BEFORE RETIRING!!! If you truly LOVE DISNEY, you are NEVER TOO YOUNG OR TOO OLD.:sohappy:

Shaman

masonp said:
speaking with a friend last night discussing trips to WDW, and she said that she has been pestering her mum and dad to take her back to WDW and they have turned round and said forget it you are to old for WDW, she is only 19 yrs old. what do you guys think:rolleyes:

19? Tell her to move out and go to Disney World by herself...:lol:

Too old? That's silly....

xtimMOOthyx

AHHHHHHHHH! Hearing that made me twitch. I am 18, soon to be 19, and if I could, I would live in the parks. I try to go to WDW as much as possible! If someone would tell me I was too old for Disney, I might have to hurt them.

bgraham34

I dont ever think you are too old for Disney. Meaning your age. But your maturity level maybe something else. You must have some inner child left in you to really enjoy it.

I do think there is an age that does not really care to be there and that can be the teenage years. But thats because the yutes want to hang out with there friends.h

CAPTAIN HOOK

masonp said:
.................you are to old for WDW, she is only 19 yrs old. what do you guys think:rolleyes:
Perhaps she IS too old (to go with mum and dad), but she's just the right age to start going with friends of her own age

wdwishes2005

daisyduck448 said:
i really believe you can never outgrow disney world. theres something for everyone! but some people unfortunetely don't feel that way.

^^^ dito!^^^ :sohappy:

unfortunately people can grow old out of disney, they become too pessimistic to enjoy it and there for dont like it. while i am optimistacally challenged myself aat WDW ia when i forget about it and have fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom