Too much alcohol and drinking at WDW parks

coasterphil

I have a feeling the OP didn't really care to look into the actual facts that much and just wanted a sensational story to support her point.

Nope, the bar she spoke of next to the Monsters Inc. meet at MGM does indeed sell hard liquor. And to those of you who think people never get drunk at Disney, you must be too caught up in the magic to notice.

Testtrack321

312 never heard of it, ill try it next time im out, we rarely get state side beers over here, i had some mic ultra light the other day but we get bud and coors is spreading fast here its in all the bars in my local.

but favourite drinks id have to say carling top. ask fr any beer with a top, (squirt of lemonade to the top) makes it all the worth while

but what i usually do is buy a beer nd a double vodka red bull , drink half the beer and then fill it to the top with the dvr. its a Ben Whitmore original and i love it.

hmmm, sweet. 312 is a Chicago area beer and is hard to get anywhere else outside of the midwest, heck, I was thrilled we got it in Ohio! Keep a look out for it thought, you never know. And heck, if you're in the states some time I'll buy you a pitcher!

i'll have to try the double vodka red bull in a beer... hmmm. we have something like that here called a Boilermaker where you depth charge a shot of whiskey into a beer.

Testtrack321

Nope, the bar she spoke of next to the Monsters Inc. meet at MGM does indeed sell hard liquor. And to those of you who think people never get drunk at Disney, you must be too caught up in the magic to notice.

Really? I must be forgetting of the stuff around the meet and greet, is she talking about the ABC commissary or like a stand alone unit?

bennyw01

i live in pitcher city :D

you ever tried whiskey and milk? its fresh!

and i had to stop depth charging half the time, made my self really sick depth chargin snake bites, which is a beer cider and blck currant mix, its bad enough.

anyone here do turbo shandies? where you like down half your beer then fill it to the top again with smirnoff ice then down that. beer bong anyone?

coasterphil

Really? I must be forgetting of the stuff around the meet and greet, is she talking about the ABC commissary or like a stand alone unit?

Its a temporary stand alone unit named Christmas Cheer, I just glanced at their menu as I passed by and the first item was a screwdriver. I also saw some Whiskey bottles behind the bar, so I'm guessing that Jack and Coke is another. I was very disappointed to see Disney allowing guests to walk around the park with those types of drinks. I thought that was what the bars/lounges were for.

bennyw01

seriously alcochol really isnt that bad in a theme park :brick: did no one see what i put about thorpe park here in england, no joke people were doing ketamin! in the que line for a coaster, id be happy with just drinking, disneys got a high expectation but we should count our selves lucky.

doctorcfjh

One difficulty is that 'drunk' is a subjective term.
I wonder what it is about people taking alcoholic drinks in the parks that upsets some people?
For my part I always did like Bishops Finger (an ale brewed in the UK) ever since we used to get them free at Uni. Rum cask aged Glenmorangie Whiskey is lovely. In Walt Disney World I always enjoy a couple of 'Zen-tinis' in the Victoria Falls Bar in AKL before eating at Boma or Jiko. I had a pumpkin cocktail in Wilderness Lodge at Halloween last year which was excellent.
I think we should ban all sweets as well so that children do not get a sugar rush and become irritating. And all food carts as the odour of someone else's food may offend certain guests. :goodnevil:lol:

bennyw01

bishops finger what a treat! lucky for me i live i matter of 12 miles from the Harveys sussex ale factory. it flows out my taps

wedway71

I dont mind having booze in certain parts of the parks like Disney Hollywood Studios(almost typed MGM) and World Showcase. I do think though to keep with Disney standards, they should limit it to Sit down-Full Service Venues though and take out the easy access beer to go operations.

And NO Im not a prude-I do drink but I think in a place like Disney it should be offered in more controlled settings.

bennyw01

dinner service drinking doesnt make anyone prude, i just think if people are on vacation they should be able to drink its quite topical in my house.

anyway thank you for the entertainment tonight. going to bed now considering its half three in the morning, gonna have a hell of a hang over in the morning. then off to work at the off license. alcohol pays my bills. i couldnt thank it more. :kiss:

doctorcfjh

I think we can all agree that the sale of alcohol around the Disney parks should be controlled and limited. I think that alcohol should be served with table service meals and one alcoholic beverage served with a counter service meal. In addition why couldn't they have a system that registered how many beverages had been sold to the holder on a specific park pass on a given day and limit it to a maximum of, say, 2 not including those sold with meals. I think it would be mighty hard for anyone to be drunk in that case.

wdwfan22

Actually, Disney probably handles it pretty well. Certainly better than other parks.

No one really over does it except the ocassional guest at Epcot (and probably some people late at night in Pleasure Island). You don't really see it at the other parks.

They always pour it into a discrete plastic cup and only sell one per ID.

Plus, as mentioned before, Magic Kingdom doesn't serve alcohol.

Although I'm not entirely sure on this, I think the OP was mistaken when they said that Disney sells "hard liquor" drinks.

While I do believe there is nothing wrong with drinking in the parks, I do think they should limit or cut you off when you get to the point of falling over drunk. This past week at Epcot we lost count of how many drunks there were. As for one drink per ID that's false. I was able to buy multiple drinks at the same time and was never ID once.

DisneyLeo18

ok too much drinkin in the parks huh?? i agree with the hard liquor and mixed drinks shouldnt be served but beer should be ok. its very refreshing and relaxes ya throughout the day.. after that its your responsibility to limit yourself.
although even if they stopped selling beer at the parks dont ya think guests could still be drunk? i was at the world last summer and its rediculously easy to buy beer even at your hotel nevermind going to a store to pick some up. and then you can get drunk before you go to the park and save money. also me and my friends were able to do shots right before we walked in to MGM (at the time) and we werent stumblin around spilling and cursing or throwing up.. it all depends on the guest

maelstrom

Its a temporary stand alone unit named Christmas Cheer, I just glanced at their menu as I passed by and the first item was a screwdriver. I also saw some Whiskey bottles behind the bar, so I'm guessing that Jack and Coke is another. I was very disappointed to see Disney allowing guests to walk around the park with those types of drinks. I thought that was what the bars/lounges were for.

:shrug: World Showcase has had drinks with hard liquor in them available to purchase at stands for a pretty long time; margaritas in Mexico, Grand Marnier slush in France, an assortment of drinks in Japan, etc.

I don't see a problem with selling guests drinks made with vodka, tequila, etc. Why is beer okay and vodka isn't? I hate beer. I like fruity, "girly" drinks, and those tend to be made with vodka.

If someone can't behave properly whilst drinking alcohol, they should be dealt with by security, just like anyone else acting inappropriately for whatever reason. It's not up to you or anyone else to decide if I can or cannot have a drink whilst in the World, and if that drink should be hard liquor or beer. If Disney sells alcohol and I'm of legal age to partake, that's my business. If you choose not to drink, that's your business.

To the OP: looks can be deceiving. I'm 21-almost-22 and look about 12. I can tell you from experience that it is extremely obnoxious to assume that someone is underage when they are drinking and make any kind of comment, silent or not, about it.

cptwife80

The best thing to do if your against people drinking is just to ignore them. If they get too bad security will take care of them. Don't waste you trip counting the drunks, just enjoy your time there. If you can't ignore them go to the MK. And by the way I don't drink at all but I don't enforce my objectives on my friends who do. To each his own.

HRT+3

Actually, I have to say, I'd prefer that the alcohol was kept to a sit down basis. I don't drink, but don't care who does, but I don't like the atmosphere it creates with people walking around with beers and things, it kinda reminds me of being at a fair instead of at Disney. But..that's just my opinion. Drunk IS relative, some people, one drink OUT, some people, the whole party pack and they're still going strong!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom