Tony's Town Square Restaurant introduces new Main Street Electrical Parade viewing package

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Spot on accurate review. Fast forward to 1:07:20. Nailed Tony's AND Disney to the wall. 1,000,000 times this.

This is a perfect of example of Disney's lack of Desire to do a good job, As the commentators note this should be the PREMIER restaurant on Disney property due to it's great location but because it 'Makes Money' Disney simply does not care about turning out a good product.

The sad thing is years ago it USED to have great food well presented, And the service sucks as well, Once I joined my family late because I was spending time over at GR getting their FP+'s fixed. Server said could not serve me because they needed the table My 'meal' was coffee. No that server did not get a tip that day. And I went back to the BLT to do work email because I was feeling distinctly unmagical after GR and Tony's. When work is better than Disney yes some of the magic has indeed departed.

ToTBellHop

I'll be honest--I just booked this. Am I crazy? No. My son loves Lady and the Tramp (he carries a stuffed Lady everywhere) and has wanted to eat here, so we were planning on going for lunch anyway. The price of the package actually is similar to just getting the food. I figure, if we are going to deal with the Olive Garden-quality food to make my son smile, we might as well get the reserved area for MSEP without the hour of sitting around.

I'm sure it will rise up to $69/person in 6 months and no longer be a value.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'll be honest--I just booked this. Am I crazy? No. My son loves Lady and the Tramp (he carries a stuffed Lady everywhere) and has wanted to eat here, so we were planning on going for lunch anyway. The price of the package actually is similar to just getting the food. I figure, if we are going to deal with the Olive Garden-quality food to make my son smile, we might as well get the reserved area for MSEP without the hour of sitting around.

You're not crazy. If it fits into your plans as you mentioned, why not take advantage?

Bacon

how much would a 3 course meal cost at Tony's outside of this package? Probably around the same I would imagine.

Honestly, this is pretty much the only TS restaurant I have been to where I did not enjoy my meal...so I would never buy a 3 course meal there anyways...package or not.
4538799.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

You will have to settle for seeing your son smile :), As to the food well Chef Boyardee probably is tastier on most days unfortunately...

FigmentForver96

At least Olive Garden has breadsticks, but seriously I hope it works out for ya.

DisneyFans4Life

I booked an ADR for Tony's a few weeks ago for October...I wonder if my reservation is automatically part of this or if I'd need to call to update it? I'd honestly be interested in doing this.

Did I overlook where the seating for the parade is? For the MSEP I'm typically getting a spot about 90 minutes prior to the parade, so if doing this dining package eliminates me from having to find a spot so early...then I'm all for it!

Jon81uk

I booked an ADR for Tony's a few weeks ago for October...I wonder if my reservation is automatically part of this or if I'd need to call to update it? I'd honestly be interested in doing this.

Did I overlook where the seating for the parade is? For the MSEP I'm typically getting a spot about 90 minutes prior to the parade, so if doing this dining package eliminates me from having to find a spot so early...then I'm all for it!

You won't automatically get the dining package. Its a separate booking pool compared to regular reservations.

TyrantBoss

Coming soon! Purchase a meal package at The Heritage House that includes exclusive access to the pathway between Fantasyland and Liberty Square by Haunted Mansion. No one else will be allowed to use that pathway between the hours of 4pm and 6pm on the day of your reservation.

There...I just came up with another upsell option for Disney.

ToTBellHop

Coming soon! Purchase a meal package at The Heritage House that includes exclusive access to the pathway between Fantasyland and Liberty Square by Haunted Mansion. No one else will be allowed to use that pathway between the hours of 4pm and 6pm on the day of your reservation.

There...I just came up with another upsell option for Disney.
Add Mickey's Premium Bars during that time and you can charge $149/person.

SSH

How long has it been open??
nope...disagree with that one. I thought their food was very good in the late '80s/early '90s and we dine at a lot of top-rated Italian places. I wouldn't say they were the best, but certainly served a good meal. They had a zabaglione for dessert prepared fresh tableside that was outstanding....done the authentic way - not a custard (the way they ended up doing it later) or the way some places still serve it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom