Tony's....The Good.The Bad.The Ugly.

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
Coronado Springs this time, I've been there once and enjoyed it and my mother and cousin have not been there yet so wanted them to try a new place. We usually stay at POR and have stayed at a couple of the values as well. I am really excited to check out Kidani when we go to Sanaa!!
Sanaa is amazing. Get there early so you can walk out into the savanna for some great pictures!!!! If possible, request a window seat!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Coronado Springs this time, I've been there once and enjoyed it and my mother and cousin have not been there yet so wanted them to try a new place. We usually stay at POR and have stayed at a couple of the values as well. I am really excited to check out Kidani when we go to Sanaa!!
We may visit Coronado to go eat at the QS pepper market because we have heard great things anout it. My brother and his fam usually stay at POR and we have gone there to the QS to grab a bite as well. We are from South Louisiana so we were craving a Po-Boy and some beignets(but theirs are nothing like our beignets lol). Kidani we love it there the grounds are beautiful. Let me know how Sanaa is as that is one we have not tried yet. Oh I noticed you are going to Turf Club. We love dining there! This is the first trip we are not going but it is such a hidden gem and you should enjoy it there. We love the crab cake appetizer , my DH Loves the steak, I like the pasta dish they have with shrimp, and their deserts are good too. :)

Shere_Khan

We may visit Coronado to go eat at the QS pepper market because we have heard great things anout it. My brother and his fam usually stay at POR and we have gone there to the QS to grab a bite as well. We are from South Louisiana so we were craving a Po-Boy and some beignets(but theirs are nothing like our beignets lol). Kidani we love it there the grounds are beautiful. Let me know how Sanaa is as that is one we have not tried yet. Oh I noticed you are going to Turf Club. We love dining there! This is the first trip we are not going but it is such a hidden gem and you should enjoy it there. We love the crab cake appetizer , my DH Loves the steak, I like the pasta dish they have with shrimp, and their deserts are good too. :)
Yes I am excited about Turf Club, you really hear hardly anything about it but what I have heard has been good!
Will def let you know about Sanaa!

sxeensweet

Yes I am excited about Turf Club, you really hear hardly anything about it but what I have heard has been good!
Will def let you know about Sanaa!
Thanks! Sanaa and Jiko at Jambo are on our list of places to try on the next trip. So i will be looking forward to hear how y'all like it. Oh and I totally forgot to list Ohana as one of our ressies. Lol I knew I forgot to list one of them. :)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
We went several years ago and had a horrible experience!! We had reservations of course but we waited almost 2 hours yes 2 hours for a table!! To make it worse we had to STAND the whole time!! It had been a very long day in the park and we were looking forward to sitting for a little while but did not get to. This was not even a busy time of year either! Their computer system was down but that is still no excuse for a 2 hour wait WITH reservations! They were letting walk ups without ressies go before us. With their computer issue they should have turned away walk ups. We heard several people say they had no ressie and were never turned away. We were just me and my DH so not like we had a big party to be seated. One of the walk ups were a large party and they got seated long before us. Well it did not stop there... We were being perfectly nice but our waiter was just plain rude! He came and asked if we wanted to order and I said I needed a little more time as we had just sat down and he was annoyed with that, and came back like 2 min later and I nicely said I still needed a few minutes and more annoyance from his side. Well finally we ordered and got the food. It was not warm or hot it was kinda cold and did not have much flavor at all. My hubby thought his was not good either but I do not remember what we both had as it has been a while. I believe it was 2 different pasta dishes. Then we got desert
Which was okay and prob the best thing out of the whole experience. Was decorated with Lady and Tramp on it due to us celebrating our anniversary. We have never wanted to go back since! we understand their computer was down but no guest should ever wait 2 hours WITH a ressie, never should have rude waiters, and never should have cold food no matter what the circumstances!! Worst experience out of any restaurant on property!! :(
OMG.:eek: That is bad..In fact out of order for a Disney restaurant..:(

real mad hatter

Original Poster
It is ugly. To pay close to 100 dollars for bad quality Olive Garden. My food was cold the thing that got me is our food was out in 5 min I don't get food that fast at Burger King. Service has never been great but never horrible. We did it twice but not no more.
Funny enough I read a complaint on Debs All Ears..A family had ordered their meal and before they had time to relax,out came their meal..piping hot,no, frozen and uncooked..needless to say It was sent back.:(

sxeensweet

OMG.:eek: That is bad..In fact out of order for a Disney restaurant..:(
Yes totally out of order!!!! We were shocked too when it happened and we wanted to leave and would have but we were on the dining plan and did not want to lose a table service credit so we toughed it out. It was kinda too warm in the waiting area too and i was standing there so long with Nothing to drink etc and got nauseous and light headed thinking i was gonna pass out but thankfully it passed. If the meal would have been good it might have made up for the 2 hours of waiting but being it followed with a rude waiter and cold tasteless food we were done! Lol :)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Yes totally out of order!!!! We were shocked too when it happened and we wanted to leave and would have but we were on the dining plan and did not want to lose a table service credit so we toughed it out. It was kinda too warm in the waiting area too and i was standing there so long with Nothing to drink etc and got nauseous and light headed thinking i was gonna pass out but thankfully it passed. If the meal would have been good it might have made up for the 2 hours of waiting but being it followed with a rude waiter and cold tasteless food we were done! Lol :)
This is one of the worse experiences I have read about..Feel a new thread coming..

Bparso87

Funny enough I read a complaint on Debs All Ears..A family had ordered their meal and before they had time to relax,out came their meal..piping hot,no, frozen and uncooked..needless to say It was sent back.:(
It felt like a quick service like panera where u order food then sit down. I have had worst meals before but I am all for getting what you pay for and 100 dollars for a family of four is just not worth it. Then there is a place like via Napoli where I think you get more then what u pay for. We ate there for 60 dollars and was my second favorite meal on my last trip.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
It felt like a quick service like panera where u order food then sit down. I have had worst meals before but I am all for getting what you pay for and 100 dollars for a family of four is just not worth it. Then there is a place like via Napoli where I think you get more then what u pay for. We ate there for 60 dollars and was my second favorite meal on my last trip.
We also ate at Via last year,and it was our cheapest ADR..$87.00 for three of us,including tip..and included a full bottle of wine.;)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
We enjoyed Tony's, was it the best probably not! DH really likes the steak, it was tender enjoy to cut with a butter knife. He said it wasn't heavily seasoned but that's the way he likes it. I guess it's all what you like with Tony's.
Agree..Or all what you don't like,in many cases..P.S. I'am not running it down by the way,only interested in other people's experience's..;)

Sweet Melissa

It is always good to hear from other Disney lovers but never go fully on reviews. I had the corral reef once with hearing only bad reviews mainly but was a good meal.
I've always thought that the Coral Reef detractors were just a vocal minority. It's probably the same for Tony's, actually. Obviously the place isn't universally hated, or it would have been shuttered a long time ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom