Tony's....The Good.The Bad.The Ugly.

MerMom1981

We tried Tony's this past March & found it unremarkable. We were seated promptly, a few minutes early for our res actually. The service was good, but the food was sub-par. A little bland, not quite hot enough...I think someone mentioned Olive Garden... pretty accurate comparison. Both mediocre Italian-esque cuisine. I let it slide because we were on DDP, but now that you all mention it, I would've felt VERY differently if I had paid for it.

Can't beat the location though. Walk out the door & catch Wishes...

BrittanyRose428

I enjoyed Tony's when we last went. The decor seemed a little bit run down, and we did wait for about 10 minutes with a reservation, but I thought the food was pretty good. I would compare it to Bertucci's rather than Olive Garden. Not similar tasting, but better quality.

Mrs.Toad

The only place in the world so far I will never go to again is Big River. But there are places like Tony's that I put on a rotation schedule. To give it a chance again, menu changes every few years, staff changes, etc. It holds too many memories and is such a part of MK and Main Street to let go. Tony's is like every 3 or 4 years. Same with Cinderella, Coral Reef,San Angel, Nine Dragons, and a bunch others in my rating group.

It is at the half way mark for me. I went on my honeymoon in 2011. They were very nice. They put the glitter and streamers on the table and a little sign of congratulations. At that time I had gnocchi in cream sauce. It was okay. Lots of flavor, but very heavy and cakey, and with the Florida heat, it totally slowed me down by several notches. My DH's was okay too.

Every trip I do Les Chefs, Le Cellier, Sci Fi, Liberty Tree, and a few others. My favs and I just have to.

sgtmgd

We were just there in June and loved it. Suggestion, try it and make up your own mind, don't put too much stock in what you read from us in these forums.

Good point...I tried mama Melrose last September and saw nothing but horrible reviews by and large...we loved it...so much we are eating there again this September! I have been to Tony's it wasnt the worst (see my numerous Hollywood and I feel Violated) threads, I would try again since they revamped the menu and seem to be trying to adrress issues

acishere

If you think Olive Garden makes decent Italian food, you won't have a bad experience at Tony's. Unless they royally screw up and give you frozen pasta like some have received.

I would not recommend the place to anyone who tends to be snobby about Italian food.

MaryJaneP

If anybody can make food more tasty than this place, why spend the money going there? For the fine service we had, the food was horrendous. Seriously, they need to scrap the whole place and start anew. Maybe with something non-Italian since they repeatedly mess this up and since other parks have better Italian offerings.

Nero the dog

I wouldn't ever go back into Tony's. I would rather eat at McDonalds.
I do think that it suffers from being "Italian". Everyone is familiar with the food and everyone has their own personal taste. If everyone on here made a bolognaise no 2 would be the same.
Whereas with somewhere like Boma, nobody has a reference point so we all just accept that the food is the way it's supposed to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom