Tony's....The Good.The Bad.The Ugly.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We went several years ago and had a horrible experience!! We had reservations of course but we waited almost 2 hours yes 2 hours for a table!! To make it worse we had to STAND the whole time!! It had been a very long day in the park and we were looking forward to sitting for a little while but did not get to. This was not even a busy time of year either! Their computer system was down but that is still no excuse for a 2 hour wait WITH reservations! They were letting walk ups without ressies go before us. With their computer issue they should have turned away walk ups. We heard several people say they had no ressie and were never turned away. We were just me and my DH so not like we had a big party to be seated. One of the walk ups were a large party and they got seated long before us. Well it did not stop there... We were being perfectly nice but our waiter was just plain rude! He came and asked if we wanted to order and I said I needed a little more time as we had just sat down and he was annoyed with that, and came back like 2 min later and I nicely said I still needed a few minutes and more annoyance from his side. Well finally we ordered and got the food. It was not warm or hot it was kinda cold and did not have much flavor at all. My hubby thought his was not good either but I do not remember what we both had as it has been a while. I believe it was 2 different pasta dishes. Then we got desert
Which was okay and prob the best thing out of the whole experience. Was decorated with Lady and Tramp on it due to us celebrating our anniversary. We have never wanted to go back since! we understand their computer was down but no guest should ever wait 2 hours WITH a ressie, never should have rude waiters, and never should have cold food no matter what the circumstances!! Worst experience out of any restaurant on property!! :(

Shere_Khan

We will be eating there for the first time this December and I'm looking forward to seeing if we enjoy it or not.
This trip all of our ADRS are places we've never eaten before rather then going back to the same old favorites. A lot of them seem to be hit or miss restaurants so hopefully we don't regret our decision. I just don't get to go extremely often. We try for once a year but sometimes can't so I want to make sure I do as much new stuff as possible.

Sweet Melissa

It's been probably five years since we have visited, but we still remember hating our meals. We are fervent lovers of Italian food, and just have higher expectations for that cuisine than Tony's could meet. A menu update wouldn't be enough for us to return unless the kitchen staff was totally re-trained on cooking methods. I get that it's a busy restaurant that needs to turn over tables quickly, but if they can't even finish their pastas in the pan with the sauce, they're failing on a really basic level. A clump of naked spaghetti with some pasty, jar-quality sauce dumped on top is a wasted meal, as far as I'm concerned.

sxeensweet

Yikes I'm really hoping we don't regret this...
Hoping you don't either. Hope you have a better experience than alot of us have!!! We might one day give it another shot but we are not on Dec as there was too many places we have not tried yet and of course had to book our faves like Le Cellier, Boma, Kona, Sci-Fi, etc. so that left no room for Tony's. lol. :)

Shere_Khan

Hoping you don't either. Hope you have a better experience than alot of us have!!! We might one day give it another shot but we are not on Dec as there was too many places we have not tried yet and of course had to book our faves like Le Cellier, Boma, Kona, Sci-Fi, etc. so that left no room for Tony's. lol. :)
I definitely have my favorites as well but wanted to try something new. One big draw was I have one picky eater in the group so I figured Italian pretty much appeals to everyone who likes plain spaghetti.
My mom and I however are not hard to please when it comes to food so I'm hoping we will still enjoy it. Listened to a live restaurant review on WDW Radio and even though I know Lou tends to say everything is amazing, the rest of the group enjoyed it. I guess I would figure if they all hated it he just might not air the review, but you never know.

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
We have been there twice and it was average at best. We ate there most recently in February for our kid's birthdays and it was ok. We were there for opening and the experience was nice since we saw the Dapper Dans sing the opening songs, then they sang happy birthday to our son and daughter. I would'd avoid Tony's all together, but I'm not planning on it either any time soon. If our kids suggest it and we can fit it in, I guess we'd go again. Its not on my must do list by an means.

Barbershop happy birthday by coachwnh, on Flickr

sxeensweet

I definitely have my favorites as well but wanted to try something new. One big draw was I have one picky eater in the group so I figured Italian pretty much appeals to everyone who likes plain spaghetti.
My mom and I however are not hard to please when it comes to food so I'm hoping we will still enjoy it. Listened to a live restaurant review on WDW Radio and even though I know Lou tends to say everything is amazing, the rest of the group enjoyed it. I guess I would figure if they all hated it he just might not air the review, but you never know.
Yeah we always try a few new places each trip. In December we are trying Bongos, Hoop De Do, CRT for DH bday (he picked it b/c he thinks its cools to dine in the castle as I think so too), and Mama Melrose (we love Italian so hoping we like it here better than our exp at Tonys lol), And last but not least of the new is Rose and Crown. Besides the new places like I mentioned we are doing Le Cellier, Sci-fi, Kona, Boma, and Via Napoli. Can't wait for December to get here!!! :)

Shere_Khan

Yeah we always try a few new places each trip. In December we are trying Bongos, Hoop De Do, CRT for DH bday (he picked it b/c he thinks its cools to dine on the castle as I think so too), and Mama Melrose (we love Italian so hoping we like it here better than our exp at Tonys lol), And last but nit least of the new is Rose and Crown. Besides the new places like I mentioned we are doing Le Cellier, Sci-fi, Kona, Boma, and Via Napoli. Can't wait for December to get here!!! :)
When in Dec are you going? We are going Dec 2-8! I can't wait either!!!

I have Mama Melrose booked too and I've heard better things then Tonys so I am excited.
You will like Rose and Crown - we always enjoy it there.
CRT is good, food is pretty good but nothing beats being in the castle so that makes it worth it!
I LOVE Kona! It is my favorite place!

sxeensweet

When in Dec are you going? We are going Dec 2-8! I can't wait either!!!

I have Mama Melrose booked too and I've heard better things then Tonys so I am excited.
You will like Rose and Crown - we always enjoy it there.
CRT is good, food is pretty good but nothing beats being in the castle so that makes it worth it!
I LOVE Kona! It is my favorite place!
Yes ah Kona we may even go twice!! Love our Tonga toast and many other items too!! Lol. We will be there 12/5-12/15. So we will overlap your dates. Where are y'all staying this time? We will be at Kidani our favorite villas! We just joined DVC this year but have stayed there and other DVC resorts as paying guests on our past trips. :)

Shere_Khan

Yes ah Kona we may even go twice!! Love our Tonga toast and many other items too!! Lol. We will be there 12/5-12/15. So we will overlap your dates. Where are y'all staying this time? We will be at Kidani our favorite villas! We just joined DVC this year but have stayed there and other DVC resorts as paying guests on our past trips. :)
Coronado Springs this time, I've been there once and enjoyed it and my mother and cousin have not been there yet so wanted them to try a new place. We usually stay at POR and have stayed at a couple of the values as well. I am really excited to check out Kidani when we go to Sanaa!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom