News Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party comes to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for 2018

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This is why I hate marketing - "Admission is very limited, so be sure to book your reservation before it’s too late!"

Gotta try and push that this is "very limited" so the rubes will buy it up, thinking it's some kind of status symbol to be there...

JohnD

MVMCP Party Costs (before tax):
  • Party ticket (minimum price): $99
  • Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party (watch fireworks @9): $84
  • Plaza Viewing Fireworks Dessert Party (watch fireworks @9): $69
  • Tony's Most Merriest Party (9:30-12:30, includes 11pm parade): $99
If you wanted to spend for everything, at most going with the more expensive fireworks dessert party, one guest would be paying $282 before tax. This doesn't include table service restaurants, gifts, or counter service dining spending. That's just crazy.

trainplane3

I know this is about the party in a party, but isn't Tony's one of the worse restaurants on property? I seem to remember hearing that from somewhere.

JohnD

I know this is about the party in a party, but isn't Tony's one of the worse restaurants on property? I seem to remember hearing that from somewhere.

But they won’t be serving their menu. Oh no. It will be delicious desserts, artisanal cheeses and alcoholic beverages.

SteamboatJoe

I wouldn't have as big of a problem with all of the upcharge events (and upcharges within upcharges) if they weren't annually jacking up room/ticket rates and simultaneously nickel and dimeing people with all sorts of other fees. Still a problem though.

drizgirl

So, I went through the steps to reserve then cancelled. Total with tax: $105.44

By comparison, the cost for the party itself starts at $99 also ($105.44 w/ tax). I was tempted to sign up for it, then it occurred to me that I would be paying for essentially a dessert party at the same cost of MVMCP inside MVMCP. I couldn't do it.
Wow. That turns it into a $1K evening for a family of 5. Very steep.

NL1019

The negativity is incredible on these posts and this especially. It’s an option or add on, if you don’t like don’t get. Either way looks like a great OPTION or ADD ON sounds pretty cool.

JoeCamel

The negativity is incredible on these posts and this especially. It’s an option or add on, if you don’t like don’t get. Either way looks like a great OPTION or ADD ON sounds pretty cool.
The negativity stems from TDO thinking it is a good idea to double sell an upcharge event and it will go over better than the other ones they tried. Selling EMH? sure sounds good to me...

note2001

Do you remember when WDW used to offer amazing new experiences like this as part of general admission?
To be fair, I've been going to WDW since it opened, and never in my experience did they give away food with admission.

You are on the wrong forum if you're looking for pixie dust snorters. One of the fantastic things about this one here is that people show they have minds and can use logic. Negativity does come across when dealing with exceptional up-charge events, how could it not?

Last edited:

gmk3855

People being negative about having to pay extra money on top of extra money for something at Disney. Sorry but things are really starting to get out of hand at Disney anymore. As other people have stated here, when you are a party of 4 or more, you are paying a lot already so pay a little more. OOOP's my fault, that's $99 per person, that's not a little more that's what the entire Xmas party costs, and all you get is some drinks and small nibbles as they say. So they wonder why attendance is constantly going down. Back in the day you used to get something as an incentive for paying for special events. Not anymore, you want more, keep paying and paying. You better believe people are negative.

Animaniac93-98

For context: 5 posts on this site since joining over 3 years ago

"new member" indeed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom