Tony Baxter hints at the future!

jrriddle

Original Poster
From Fab's Faves.com
http://www.fabsfaves.com/

Tony's working on something I can describe as "huge". I don't know exactly what it is, but he does allow me this much: "It's the next breakthrough in ride technology. Star Tours was the first simulator, then we said 'What's next?' and did Indy, which is enhanced motion vehicles, and for a while we've been asking 'What's next?' -we found it. I'm knee deep into that one."

"If we're able to pull off what we've done on our tests, it is truly going to be a breakthrough in ride technology." WOW!!!

He said the challenge is figuring out how to "industrialize" the technology to meet guest demands, to have this vehicle - yes, it's a RIDE! - that gets loaded every 15 seconds.

Also, it's GREAT to see Fab back on the net! :wave:

CaliSurfer182

A new ride system YEAH! Not another clone movement. :) That sounds awesome, I wonder how long it will take to implement.

Lets hope the idea stays strong, and pans out for them.

Shaman

GMR replacement? WoL replacement? New location altogether? Sounds interesting...could be something...but could be a whole lot of nothing too...

MrNonacho

Premium Member
If it is anything, it's going to be a while before we see it in action. They still haven't figured out how to make the tech work in a theme park environment.

jrriddle

Original Poster
maxime29 said:
Is Tony a genius? Or do we really have that few people with great ideas?
Tony is right up there. Nowhere near Marc Davis (#1 IMHO) but ahead of Eddie Sotto (# 3 in my book).

jmuboy

Tony is one of the best, Eddie Soto is good. Marc Davis was almost as good as Walt in my opinion. Steve Davidson needs to be put in charge of all entertainment and ride overlyas for WDI, he has a GREAT track record. When people like Steve D and Tony B are in charge, I generally am relaxed about the final product.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom