Tonight's performance of fantasmic

doctornick

While I agree Fantasmic! is better, World of Color shouldn't be seen as just movie clips and fountains.

Agreed. WoC is a fine show (and I've talked elsewhere that I've love to see it modified and brought to DAK as an animal/nature themed version) but it just isn't as good as Fantasmic! IMHO which has such a great combination of so many elements: live acting, fireworks, fire effects, water effects, projection, etc.

Californian Elitist

Agreed. WoC is a fine show (and I've talked elsewhere that I've love to see it modified and brought to DAK as an animal/nature themed version) but it just isn't as good as Fantasmic! IMHO which has such a great combination of so many elements: live acting, fireworks, fire effects, water effects, projection, etc.

Those are the exact reasons why I also believe Fantasmic! surpasses World of Color, no doubt.

Briangwen7

yi63ZQK.jpg

AIRPLANE!!! Haha

backinaction

I'm sure in another month or two there will be another thread that pops up just like this one. Disney is letting this great show go to s--- and its really sad. Every guest that has paid for DHS for the day deserves to see this show in 100% working order. Anything less is unacceptable. Pretty soon they will just give up and begin to make cuts on the difficult portions of the show because they will believe that the "average" guest wont even notice (ehem yeti ehem)

cooleo

I like Fantasmic! better than WoC, so I would not be happy with that switch.

Then again, I'm one of those crazy people who just loves Fantasmic! and thinks it's the best nighttime show at WDW. When I'm advising people in their planning for WDW, I generally tell them that they don't want to miss this show and to plan their DHS time around it. I actually was pretty shocked when I started reading WDW message boards and found people slamming it. I don't understand what's not to like....

I agree 100% doctornick. Fantasmic is THE best nighttime show at WDW & is a MUST do for anyone that has never seen it. I have friends that have been to WDW several times & have never seen it. We were discussing this just the other day & I told them they definitely need to put this on their list. After all, where else in WDW can you see Steamboat Willie???? :cool:

RWilliams

Premium Member
It won't be the first time, nor the last. The show is a very complicated performance, and if multiple things don't happen exactly on cue every second any one of them can shut it down. Consider it an E stop.

I agree. This sounds like an E stop to me. I can't argue that the show needs some serious TLC but neglect isn't necessarily the cause in this type of scenario.

The fact that the show started up again so quickly would cause me to think that this was a case of a performer being in the wrong place at the wrong time triggering the E stop. Once the area was cleared and deemed safe the show could resume.

Lisalyn

Personally I wish they would put anything in place of Fantasmic. Did not like it - won't see it again. Too loud, to "angry"....not kid friendly at all to me (and I was there solo so this was just an observation). Just my opinion. I'm entitled to it. :p

talonstruck

When we were there are on Good Friday for the second showing, the dragon malfunctioned. It came almost came out and just stopped. The show at that point became "improvised". Malifecent stayed on stage longer and the water still went ablaze which looked odd because it wasn't "prompted" by the dragon. The Dragon stayed out for the remanider of the show and it appeared they "tried" to hide with with the fountains. Even after the show was finished the fountains remained on to try to hid it. I got some good pictures of it just sitting there during the show and after. We went a week later and had the show as normal, no glitches except for nice wind gust.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom