Tonga Toast

mickeyminiemom

It is awesome but I would suggest if you are not a big eater you share. I also love the strawberry sauce that comes with it. I do think it is one of those things you either love or hate.

heartodisney

picture.php

Do not forget to try the guava juice! Jon pointed out the stawberry sauce too...wonderful, along with your Kona coffee..yes, I did share with all at the table!

JillC LI

I have Kona on my list to visit in early Sept just to get Tonga Toast.
After reading everyones take on this dish I had to try it.

Funny I am beginning to think I am visiting just to eat.

Maybe not JUST to eat, but that's definitely part of it! :ROFLOL:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
We have an ADR at Kona Cafe for breakfast this trip. I have always wanted to try the tonga toast. What's everyone's opinion on this? Good, bad, or just ok. What does it actually look like? Just stuffed French toast? It sounds delicious.

Both the Tonga Toast and the pancakes with pineapple sauce are amazing at Kona. Go with a party of 2 adults and an 8 year old with a big appetite, and order one Tonga Toast and one Big Kahuna, and everybody will be stuffed and happy.

Tonga Toast - banana stuffed sourdough bread, rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with Strawberry Compote and your choice of ham, bacon, or sausage

Big Kahuna - French toast, Pancakes topped with Pineapple sauce and Macadamia Nut Butter, eggs, home fried potatoes, ham, bacon, and sausage

MKCP 1985

If you run the Goofy, you will have burned enough calories to justify a serving of Tonga Toast by yourself. . . but just barely!

162699_1689061659731_1033398114_1791691_7459973_n.jpg

steamboat wil

Original Poster
I am totally sold on the tonga toast. Like many have said I think I'm looking more forward to the eating than the touring. Now what's this juice we're talking about? Didn't look on that part of the menu

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Tonga Toast is pure joy and as many of stated - very sweet.

Any type of toast or pancake that doesn't require syrup you know is going to pack some sweetness punch.

As far as the comments about going to the World just to eat.....I'm sorta with you!!!

We've always been park commandos...but sitting down at the end of a long day to relax, take our time and eat at one of the many outstanding WDW restaurants is something that takes our vacation experience to a whole new level.

So we may not go just to eat...but our vacation would NOT be the same without those dining experiences!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom