Tonga Toast

steamboat wil

Original Poster
We have an ADR at Kona Cafe for breakfast this trip. I have always wanted to try the tonga toast. What's everyone's opinion on this? Good, bad, or just ok. What does it actually look like? Just stuffed French toast? It sounds delicious.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It's very thick slice of bread. Probably two or three inches. Has a banana stuck inside. Then it's cooked and coated in sugar. Really easy for two to share.

GeoDonJac34

It is very good, but sweet. More like a dessert to me. I don't think I could finish it all myself. The Samoan is excellent.

dave&di

It's definitely worth a go, I don't eat sweet things for breakfast but I actually enjoyed it, I didn't cover it in any sauce though which probably helped. I didn't finish it though! Will be going back for more in Sept!:slurp:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My son and I always share an order [usually four or five times per trip]. :slurp:

WDWmazprty

I love Tonga Toast. And yes, I ate the whole thing with no problem. I usually get a side of the wonderful scrambled eggs they serve and some Lilikoi juice; perfect breakfast! :slurp:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I love it! I think it's fantastic and delicious. That being said, I could never eat an entire order myself. Aside from the fact that it probably has 20 million calories, it's way too heavy and sweet for me to eat an entire serving alone.

Here's what it looks like, by the way:

tonga-toast-3.jpg

WDWmazprty

I love it! I think it's fantastic and delicious. That being said, I could never eat an entire order myself. Aside from the fact that it probably has 20 million calories, it's way too heavy and sweet for me to eat an entire serving alone.

tonga-toast-3.jpg

Great pic! Here's mine:

picture.php

as you can see I had the strawberry sauce added. It was great! :slurp:

real mad hatter

Whit The !

tonga-toast-3.jpg

:eek:My wedding cake wasn't as thick as that,:ROFLOL:Saying that Iam going to try it at RC in AK for early brekie.:wave::wave:

Tinkerbella16

I love the Tonga Toast, but I can never finish a whole one.. I like to split it. My upcoming trip, I'll be dining at Kona alone so I will probably try something else. Tonga Toast is def worth a try! :slurp:

durangojim

Most people here love it and rave about it, but for me it's too heavy. You can also order it at Captain Cooks quick service. I prefer the puffed french toast at Crystal Palace due to the smaller size and lighter (imo) consistency.

nngrendel

I have Kona on my list to visit in early Sept just to get Tonga Toast.
After reading everyones take on this dish I had to try it.

Funny I am beginning to think I am visiting just to eat.

maxairmike

Had it, loved it, but couldn't finish it. It's so good, but very, very sweet, especially with the strawberry sauce (which is a perfect complement, use it instead of syrup for this). Definitely order the Lilikoi(sp?) juice as well.

Awhile back in one of the Disney news letters their was a recipe for Tonga Toast. I have it saved on my other computer if anyone is interested I will gladly share. Seemed very simple to make, I still have not tried to make it, but plan to in the near future.

Tinkerbell 8

Finally got to try the tonga toast in March and i thought it was DELICIOUS! For 6 months leading up to the trip all I could think about was finally getting to taste it, and it did not let me down. I was able to finish the whole thing myself, with a side of bacon. I did not put the strawberry sauce on top, but i did dunk a few pieces in it and it was pretty good, just a little too sweet. I cannot wait until we go back, we will def be going back to Kona!

cornandacobb

Mmmm. Tonga Toast and French press Kona coffee.

I had reservations about it being very sweet but I ordered it anyway....with the sauce on the side (that's important).

I didn't find it to be too sweet at all. And I also didn't find it to be too big to eat by myself. It was actually quite airy.

On the flipside, my wife loooooooooooooooooooooooved the macadamia pineapple pancakes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom