Ton Newton - Out

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Most airlines are not. We've gone through this ourselves as of recent.

Covid travel policies have been rescinded across the industry.

I just cancelled one flight and amended another with JetBlue with no issues and did the same for United as well. No penalties at all. Not saying you are wrong. Only giving you my recent experience literally weeks ago.
You'll get future travel credit not necessarily a refund with the major legacy carriers. However if you ask nicely enough, it's amazing what can happen.

Gone however are the change penalties. You're just responsible for the fare difference. Either way the airline still has your money, so their happy about that.

drizgirl

Which category did you book? How long after booking did you cancel? Do you have elite status on either airline?

All airlines sell refundable tickets, but it's rarely tourists that book these. Beyond that, in the US - by federal law - airlines have to allow you to cancel any ticket within 24 hours of booking. Finally, a lot of rules are waived for travelers with elite status.

How do I know this? I spend half of my time traveling either for work or so my kiddo can spend time with his grandparents 1000 miles away, and hold elite status on 3 airlines.
Not everyone flies to Disney.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Do we know why Iger likely got rid of her?

As the article says:

An individual with knowledge of the situation says that Newton will be joining the corporate board of another company soon, and plans to devote more time to her self-owned creative company.

She probably got a better offer with the other company. Major companies poach from each other's C-suites all the time. My current boss was poached from Apple after my previous boss who we poached from Ford was poached by Delta, who replaced my prior boss that we poached from Starbucks before he retired.

CaptainAmerica

She probably got a better offer with the other company. Major companies poach from each other's C-suites all the time. My current boss was poached from Apple after my previous boss who we poached from Ford was poached by Delta, who replaced my prior boss that we poached from Starbucks before he retired.
She's joining a board, not taking a different job.

Board of Directors positions are part-time and you don't make anywhere near the salary you would make as a Senior Vice President at a company like Disney. It's a stipend. Pretty much everyone on a board of directors has a separate full time job that makes up the majority of their compensation.

Splash4eva

Which category did you book? How long after booking did you cancel? Do you have elite status on either airline?

All airlines sell refundable tickets, but it's rarely tourists that book these. Beyond that, in the US - by federal law - airlines have to allow you to cancel any ticket within 24 hours of booking. Finally, a lot of rules are waived for travelers with elite status.

How do I know this? I spend half of my time traveling either for work or so my kiddo can spend time with his grandparents 1000 miles away, and hold elite status on 3 airlines.
I am not elite status and booked the “Blue” category. I cancelled and modified those 2 flights months after booking give or take. United was booked w Points and cancelled a few weeks after booking.
Again not denying what you are saying. Im just giving you my experience. And honestly even if there was a small loss or cancel fee. I would rather eat that then go on a trip that was no longer desirable to me…

mkt

Premium Member
I am not elite status and booked the “Blue” category. I cancelled and modified those 2 flights months after booking give or take. United was booked w Points and cancelled a few weeks after booking.
Again not denying what you are saying. Im just giving you my experience. And honestly even if there was a small loss or cancel fee. I would rather eat that then go on a trip that was no longer desirable to me…

Ok. Jetblue in the "blue" category allows for changes and cancellations, not "blue basic" which statistically is what most tourists would fly.

With regards to United, reward tickets are different, as most airlines will allow for changes/cancellations to those, as they can resell the seat for actual revenue.

Appreciate your clarification.

monothingie

Premium Member
As the article says:

She has her own creative business (on the side) selling jewelry on Etsy. (I'm not making this up). And apparently she is being named to another unknown company's BOD.

She was involuntarily separated from TWDC, she likely had nothing lined up in terms of an actual position as she wasn't expected to be let go from TWDC.

mkt

Premium Member
She has her own creative business (on the side) selling jewelry on Etsy. (I'm not making this up). And apparently she is being named to another unknown company's BOD.

She was involuntarily separated from TWDC, she likely had nothing lined up in terms of an actual position as she wasn't expected to be let go from TWDC.
Where was the involuntary part stated? I'm genuinely curious.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

The plot thickens

Tha Realest

Well, with minimal effort sales are basically primed to skyrocket

IMG_1079.jpeg

monothingie

Premium Member
Where was the involuntary part stated? I'm genuinely curious.
The part where the SEVP of HR announced her immediate departure and wrote her goodbye to company with no transition plan and successor announced. At least with the CFO she left on her on own terms and got to craft her departure announcement and transition plan. Ms. Newton appears to have not gotten that benefit.

mkt

Premium Member
The part where the SEVP of HR announced her immediate departure and wrote her goodbye to company with no transition plan and successor announced. At least with the CFO she left on her on own terms and got to craft her departure announcement and transition plan. Ms. Newton appears to have not gotten that benefit.
That's a lot of between the lines reading, but I get it.

Ironically, we're hiring a director of DEI, as ours was promoted recently to director of HR. And we've poached from Disney in the past.

Who knows.

monothingie

Premium Member
That's a lot of between the lines reading, but I get it.

Ironically, we're hiring a director of DEI, as ours was promoted recently to director of HR. And we've poached from Disney in the past.

Who knows.
Disney is never going to admit they canned her. She was likely given a "we're going in a different direction" phone call, a decent severance package, and an NDA.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
She got S-canned…plain and simple

So did McCarthy

…they’re coming for you, Joshiepoo 😚

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom