Tomorrowland Transit Authority?

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
TTA is the most relaxing ride in all of Disney inside of the parks and you can get your own car and put your legs up and rest your feet. I usually ride this a least three times in a row everytime I go into Tommorowland and everytime i leave.

MKingdom25

Originally posted by DisJosh

Yep they sure do. I've stayed on for 5 trips around Tomorrowland. :D

Cool. Thanks for the info. I might have to try that out this summer. (although it will be pretty dang crowded in the park HAHA)

DisJosh

Originally posted by MKingdom25

Cool. Thanks for the info. I might have to try that out this summer. (although it will be pretty dang crowded in the park HAHA)

I wouldn't worry...I did that in august of 2000. And believe me the parks were crowded! But TTA really didn't attract the crowds espescially in the morning hours. Most people flocked over to Buzz Lightyears SRS.

MKingdom25

Originally posted by DisJosh

I wouldn't worry...I did that in august of 2000. And believe me the parks were crowded! But TTA really didn't attract the crowds espescially in the morning hours. Most people flocked over to Buzz Lightyears SRS.

Cool. I will remember that. It is kinda cool that even in the busiest times of the day, TTA is almost always no line. Partly ride design, partly people go to the "thrill rides" first.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by bamboo7

So the redline isn't actually a functional system at all, just a prop?

Yeah it is only a prop. I think you can see the "redline" launch in one of the dark areas of the ride.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by figmentmom
Actually, I hope they never do ANYTHING to TTA...it's one of the best rides in the park. There is practically never a line, you get a great overview of Tomorrowland, it's a great place to rest and cool off for a few minutes, and it's a long enough ride to truly recharge the batteries on a hot day! :animwink:

*high five* :wave: i totally agree with that whole message! it's so true! PLUS, if you're wanting to ride Space Mountain but you don't want to wait in a line for a long time, all you gotta do is hop on the TTA, check out the lines that way, and see if they're using all of the lines on the inside....if they're not, and the line isn't too long on the outside, hop right in line after you get off TTA!

my fave time to ride TTA, btw, is at night! all the lights in TL are SO beautiful! and for some reason TL at night time is just so magical. there's just something about the night that livens TL up!

MKingdom25

Originally posted by

*high five* :wave: i totally agree with that whole message! it's so true! PLUS, if you're wanting to ride Space Mountain but you don't want to wait in a line for a long time, all you gotta do is hop on the TTA, check out the lines that way, and see if they're using all of the lines on the inside....if they're not, and the line isn't too long on the outside, hop right in line after you get off TTA!

my fave time to ride TTA, btw, is at night! all the lights in TL are SO beautiful! and for some reason TL at night time is just so magical. there's just something about the night that livens TL up!

Never thought about checking the Space Mountain line while on TTA. Great idea Dizknee_Phreek!
:sohappy:

Dizknee_Phreek

Never thought about checking the Space Mountain line while on TTA. Great idea Dizknee_Phreek!

why, thank you! it's a little idea that my sister and i cooked up one trip! we wanted to ride Space Mountain, but wasn't sure what the line would be like, so, we rode TTA to give it a look-see! and we've been doing it ever since! :D

cymbaldiva

I thought one of the points was to check out SM first! I really do love the occasions when you ride thru that the lights are on...TTA rules!

WDWFREAK53

I love the model inside it!!! Walt's VISION OF EPCOT!!! (just don't pay any attention to the derailed monorail though :) )

kaos

Originally posted by DisneyFreak721

And since the sponsor backed out (I believe it was to be GM but I am not sure about that) then there was nobody around to help it financially which is why costs were cut, and why it was too expensive to operate.

Thanks. I never realized that GM was to have backed that attraction. Wouldn't it be cool if Ford stepped back in and Magic Skyways was brought to Tomorrowland?

And, to stay on topic, I have NEVER in 31 trips seen Space Mountain with the lights on. My aunt uncle and cuz's go once in their lives, and BOOM... Lights on inside. Go figure... Anyone have a GOOD pic of SM with the lights on? The only one's that I have seen have been pretty raunchy.

Oh, it was in an earlier thread... the monorail is no longer de-railed... the "rerto-metro society" has corrected the problems.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Disney4648

I never thought about that, will have to check it out on my next trip.:)

wvuej

Help me out with this. We rode the TTA 2 years ago (Oct. 2000) and the part that went through space mountian seemed rather short and you really didn't get a good view of the ride. But last year when we rode TTA, (Oct. 2001) it seemed like we went all the way around the inside of space mountain and got a great view of the ride. Are there 2 tracks that the TTA can go on through space mountain? Or is my memory just fuzzy? Thanks in advance for the help!

MKingdom25

Originally posted by kaos

Thanks. I never realized that GM was to have backed that attraction. Wouldn't it be cool if Ford stepped back in and Magic Skyways was brought to Tomorrowland?

And, to stay on topic, I have NEVER in 31 trips seen Space Mountain with the lights on. My aunt uncle and cuz's go once in their lives, and BOOM... Lights on inside. Go figure... Anyone have a GOOD pic of SM with the lights on? The only one's that I have seen have been pretty raunchy.

Oh, it was in an earlier thread... the monorail is no longer de-railed... the "rerto-metro society" has corrected the problems.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Looking for SM pics better than these http://www.wdwmagicmedia.com/space.htm or is that good enough quality?

kaos

Originally posted by wvuej
Help me out with this. We rode the TTA 2 years ago (Oct. 2000) and the part that went through space mountian seemed rather short and you really didn't get a good view of the ride. But last year when we rode TTA, (Oct. 2001) it seemed like we went all the way around the inside of space mountain and got a great view of the ride. Are there 2 tracks that the TTA can go on through space mountain? Or is my memory just fuzzy? Thanks in advance for the help!

Probably fuzzy memory. The track has not been adjusted since the attractions inception. Sometimes, however, I have noticed that the trains do not slow as they are supposed to when they enter SM.

stingrock23

I also hope TTA never gets taken down. I mean, it is one of the only rides that never has a line. plus it's a nice relaxing long ride that gives guests much needed rest while still being an attraction. Plus the fact that you can check out the space mountain line. I know all this has probably already been said, but it's just the way i feel.

MKingdom25

Originally posted by stingrock23
I also hope TTA never gets taken down. I mean, it is one of the only rides that never has a line. plus it's a nice relaxing long ride that gives guests much needed rest while still being an attraction. Plus the fact that you can check out the space mountain line. I know all this has probably already been said, but it's just the way i feel.

An another thing I don't think has mentioned here, is besides being relaxing is its in the shade! That's a great thing on a hot Florida summer day! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom