Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover closing for a near two month refurbishment

FrankLapidus

The dust buildup can be explained away with cheapness. But the cars crashing? They are just asking for a lawsuit. And if someone stands up when the door opens for them to exit, and then the car crashes and they get hurt, it will certainly be Disney's fault. It's downright dumbfounding.

Basic maintenance as a whole at WDW is slightly dumbfounding in general at the moment. I was last there in October and things seemed to have improved at certain attractions but the TTA, which is one of my personal favourites, was not in great condition to say the least. You would think continual basic maintenance and cleaning would negate the need to close it for months at a time for refurbs but nothing seems to change with this attraction, its been in pretty sorry state for a while.

Bocabear

The TTA has not seen any show upgrades in a decade or two...It really is about time they add an refresh show scenes and add the luster back...It is a great ride and a favorite for a majority of park visitors...
They could have done a lot of work on it when it was closed due to Space Mountain construction a couple years ago...

flynnibus

Premium Member
The TTA has not seen any show upgrades in a decade or two...It really is about time they add an refresh show scenes and add the luster back...It is a great ride and a favorite for a majority of park visitors...
They could have done a lot of work on it when it was closed due to Space Mountain construction a couple years ago...

It has seen a lot of changes... just not what most would consider 'upgrades' :) The new spiel, lighting, etc.

Bocabear

Once upon a time the pass through Space Mountain was interesting...with two story sets in the home of future living that were view-able from the people mover...being able to see the rockets speed through the stars....then over the years it has gotten to be less and less...When they did away with the glowing panels on the cars and put in the enclosed domes for the load area, the pass through Space Mountain became very uninteresting...It would be nice if they added some show scenes and effects to this portion of the ride...seems like it should have been obvious...

pumpkin7

Look at all the hopeful posts that things will be added. They will just be putting Push saying hello round one of the corners lol.

dstrawn9889

as for dusting, IMHO, they could go buy a cheap gas powered leaf blower and go to town on the scenes, and then change the AC filters afterward...

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
At least they don't let it go like this at DL

DSCN1191.jpg

SoupBone

Once upon a time the pass through Space Mountain was interesting...with two story sets in the home of future living that were view-able from the people mover...being able to see the rockets speed through the stars....then over the years it has gotten to be less and less...When they did away with the glowing panels on the cars and put in the enclosed domes for the load area, the pass through Space Mountain became very uninteresting...It would be nice if they added some show scenes and effects to this portion of the ride...seems like it should have been obvious...

This is something I never understood. People usually love behind the scenes type stuff, and a small portion of the Wedway PeopleMover experience provided that via Space Mountain. I have no idea why they felt as though stopping guests from getting a sneak peek into how Space Mountain operates was a good thing. It's a ride from the 70's, not some modern technological marvel that requires secrecy.

jprieur

I like the 1st portion through space mountain where you can see the cars climbing on the lift hill, as for the second portion, they should just enclose that tunnel and make it a star field (nice, like planetarium style) - maybe even have the narration point out some constellations, again planetarium style.

I love how it still slows at the second portion, as if there is any reason to slow down at that point to see what is going on. Not sure if its just me, but I can't even hear the screams anymore from the TTA. I do like hearing the lift hill chatter - its just a signature space mountain experience to hear that noise.

rct247

UPDATE: From the rumblings I've heard, Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover will be down for around the same length of time, but during May and June. Astro Orbiter would be down from May to July.
Nothing confirmed, yet, but obviously, the Feb/March refurb for TTA really did get pushed back as it has not been closed this week.

Last edited:

Sparkle81

My sons discovered their fear of darkness in that section of the ride last month lol. Darkest part of WDW.
We were stuck in that part for 10 minutes with our 2 year old, in December. Trying to distract him away from the darkness and keep things happy & smiley so there was nothing to be afraid of, was hard work!

Ariel1986

UPDATE: From the rumblings I've heard, Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover will be done for around the same length of time, but during May and June. Astro Orbiter would be down from May to July.
Nothing confirmed, yet, but obviously, the Feb/March refurb for TTA really did get pushed back as it has not been closed this week.

I hope not! That means both would be closed in May... :(:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom