Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover closing for a near two month refurbishment

horizons82

I'm sorry if it was asked/answered in an earlier post in this thread, but why was the wall put up in that one section of the TTA in Space Mountain where you used to be able to see the queue and loading areas? I always thought that was interesting and now it's just blackness until you get past the wall.

lazyboy97o

I'm sorry if it was asked/answered in an earlier post in this thread, but why was the wall put up in that one section of the TTA in Space Mountain where you used to be able to see the queue and loading areas? I always thought that was interesting and now it's just blackness until you get past the wall.
Because the queue was covered in order to increase the darkness while on the ride.

horizons82

Thanks lazyboy...makes sense. I'm glad it wasn't just for some arbitrary reason that served no purpose because it was fun to see that entire area from the TTA. Thanks for the response.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The wall hides the projection effects space of the 2009 load area ceilings. They're rear projected.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
High powered lasers would appear fuzzy, even if front projected... it's what as known as a speckle effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_speckle
I wouldn't call it the speckle.. Just fuzzy!

Being rear projected they wouldn't be high powered. But it makes sense to be lasers seeing how wide the area to cover is versus the shallowness of the area behind the screen.

Kevin_W

Huh, we're going in June for the first time. One of the advantages, I thought, would be less closures then in the winter. But with TTA and Astro Orbiter down, it looks like we won't be spending much time in Tomorrowland (DD is too short for Space Mountain).

rodserling27

14480d1370632709-nor-cal-darts-club-meet-june-23rd-why-meme.png

Would have preferred it to be closed Feb to March, but hey, at least it will be getting some TLC. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom