News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

mm52200

WDW Railroad still running limited hours of 9-6 this week. I hope this is temporary
I’m sure they need to beef up staffing but honestly isn’t this probably due to firework times? The fireworks are at 8:15, the train track is right in the fallout zone so in order for them to have enough time to cycle out, put the trains away and secure the area, I doubt they could stay open much later anyway…

Andrew M

My issue with this is that kids can do that at numerous other places around the country. Not only is it not unique to Disney, the one at WDW isn't even a very good version!

It's a ton of space being used for something that kids can experience in a better form closer to home.

While there may be numerous places everywhere, the height to actually ride in or drive the cars is alot lower at Disney. Don't underestimate the appeal of driving to a kid, I have a 9, 8 & 6 year old, and Speedway is always among their must-dos when we go.

Yes they could do more to improve it, like over at Disneyland where the track is much more interesting. However eliminating it entirely would be a huge mistake. I know I first drove a 'car' on the speedway at MK, and now getting to watch my kids do it too and the sheer joy on their faces as they drive their parents around is priceless.

Last edited:

Disone

I’m sure they need to beef up staffing but honestly isn’t this probably due to firework times? The fireworks are at 8:15, the train track is right in the fallout zone so in order for them to have enough time to cycle out, put the trains away and secure the area, I doubt they could stay open much later anyway…

Or...

They could just pause the WDWRR during the fireworks. Wait for reedy Creek to give the fallout area the all clear, and then resume train operations.

For decades this was literally the standard operating procedure.

EricsBiscuit

They can pause during the fireworks. When my dad was a kid in the 80’s during summer the railroad was open well past midnight.

Ayla

Or...

They could just pause the WDWRR during the fireworks. Wait for reedy Creek to give the fallout area the all clear, and then resume train operations.

For decades this was literally the standard operating procedure.
The trains have always closed for the night before fireworks.

jrhwdw

The trains have always closed for the night before fireworks.
True but was it always 2 Hours before? Or is that just because of the Newer Shows? I thought, back when we had Spectro/MSEP, The Train would run till the First Pararde which was only an hour before FITS/Wishes???

Ayla

True but was it always 2 Hours before? Or is that just because of the Newer Shows? I thought, back when we had Spectro/MSEP, The Train would run till the First Pararde which was only an hour before FITS/Wishes???
The trains always finished for the night before the first parade, because the train crosses the parade route.

tparris

The trains always finished for the night before the first parade, because the train crosses the parade route.
??? That has nothing to do with it. Festival of Fantasy happens twice a day, all that happens is the trains just wait for it to finish.

Goofyernmost

While there may be numerously places everywhere, the height to actually ride in or drive the cars is alot lower at Disney. Don't overestimate the appeal of driving to a kid, I have a 9, 8 & 6 year old, and Speedway is always among their must-dos when we go.

Yes they could do more to improve it, like over at Disneyland where the track is much more interesting. However eliminating it entirely would be a huge mistake. I know I first drove a 'car' on the speedway at MK, and now getting to watch my kids do it too and the sheer joy on their faces as they drive their parents around is priceless.
That has always been the pet peeve with me. It is just amazing how much we all tend to forget that those are for kids and it is actually the only things that go slow enough and yet have enough individual control to give kids the illusion of driving. I cannot speak for others but at age 8 thru 10 they would have need a crowbar to get me out of them no matter how cheesy they may seem to us now.

I'd like to see them upgrade to electric cars with proper sound effect noises, but until then let the kids have something that can be enjoyed by them and not be acting as if only adults should be entertained in a place like Magic Kingdom.

Ayla

??? That has nothing to do with it. Festival of Fantasy happens twice a day, all that happens is the trains just wait for it to finish.
I'm not quite sure what you're arguing about. The trains have never run during or after fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom