News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

EricsBiscuit

We’ve been staying at the Grand Floridian these past couple days and the railroad really adds to the atmosphere. It feels like a hotel from Gilded Age/Edwardian Florida built by Henry Flagler on his railroad. It’s almost as if I’m staying at the mythical Royal Poinciana. As The Breakers hotel says, once you stay, you’ll understand.

Disone

Utter nonsense of the highest order. This was built in 1971 ! It's that type of talk that limits investment in the parks - where even the most mundane out of date attraction is lauded because of nostalga / kids love it nonsense. It's simply an excuse for no investment.

If riding a car is the attraction you want, you can do an upgrade to the attraction for a more fitting more attraction in this century.

Some Disney fans will be happy coming back in the year 2046 and suggesting Speedyway should still be around because of 'blah blah right of passage' etc

I despair.
No need to despair.

I did mention I would like them to invest in a better version of the attraction. I do not mention nostalgia or right of passage..... Two arguments that could be used for just about any attraction in the magic kingdom.

So no... It's not an excuse. It is an observation.

PS I am not one of those Disney Foamers that blindly loves everything Disney does and my posting history will show that.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Despite what you say, driving the cars at WDW has easily been one of my four year old sons top 2 rides at any park anywhere. I can understand why an adult can't find that same joy, but having a son I can understand how much joy it can bring kids and why it is kept around.

My issue with this is that kids can do that at numerous other places around the country. Not only is it not unique to Disney, the one at WDW isn't even a very good version!

It's a ton of space being used for something that kids can experience in a better form closer to home.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Need to know if they asked 7 yo's after riding.....

1672530200371.png

It's average score is 3.3 out of 5. Which doesn't sound too bad, until you realize every attraction in MK scored better...

1672530275059.png

Disone

My issue with this is that kids can do that at numerous other places around the country. Not only is it not unique to Disney, the one at WDW isn't even a very good version!

It's a ton of space being used for something that kids can experience in a better form closer to home.
Most of the time this "better" versions at home are really go cart tracks with no rail are are really more of a competitive race geared for a slightly older age bracket.

This is more just drive and in a Disney Park.

I do get what your saying though.

_caleb

View attachment 689225

It's average score is 3.3 out of 5. Which doesn't sound too bad, until you realize every attraction in MK scored better...

View attachment 689226

TWENTY attractions, many of them classics, behind “saying the Pledge of Allegiance and lowering the American flag?”

yensidtlaw1969

TWENTY attractions, many of them classics, behind “saying the Pledge of Allegiance and lowering the American flag?”
This list may need to be taken with a grain of salt - that the Casey's Corner Pianist ranks higher than The Haunted Mansion is suspect. The Main Street Vehicles scoring higher than Space Mountain is just plain weird. Seems like some context is missing.

Patcheslee

My daughter would have been able to drive these at 4 vs 8 at the 3 other local parks we have due to height restrictions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom