News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

UpAllNight

Another wasted opportunity to add to the Thunder Mountain lack of upgrade situation. This makes no sense really. It’s 2 decades late already.

I’m happy with the overall additions coming to Disney over the next few years with more promised but as of right now I’m not hopeful MK will be in the shape it deserves to be for the 50th. As I said, it’s the unloved child.

nace888

It's a shame, I could see them reclaiming it for trying to fit in. Imagine the top part of the guide rail having lights, and reflecting the color of the car that passes over it. I also got kind of bored and designed a car, lol!

20181004_153820.jpg

DisAl

So glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm bummed it isn't being done away with now, its truly the ugliest part of Magic Kingdom.
Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean that nobody likes it. If nobody liked it there wouldn't be lines waiting on it. At this moment the wait is 25 minutes. The mine train is only 50 minutes and more than half the attractions have wait times 25 minutes or below.
The speedway is a must do for my grandkids every trip.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm missing it somewhere. I read about the closure and reopening of the speedway but don't see any reopening dates for the railroad - unless it's going to reopen around the same time?

Did you scroll past the first picture?
The Walt Disney World Railroad will also temporarily take up residence at the Main Street Station starting in December 2018, pausing its grand-circle tours of Magic Kingdom Park. During this time, you will be able to get an up-close look at the railroad and take advantage of one-of-a-kind photo opportunities.

MaryJaneP

"Speed"way.....LOL. 2mph! Make it an oval, like IRL, with a traffic jam on each long side, like the commute to work and back home. The cars can inch forward while a sea of brake lights illuminate the happy kids faces. Nothing says bubble like this.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Did you scroll past the first picture?
The Walt Disney World Railroad will also temporarily take up residence at the Main Street Station starting in December 2018, pausing its grand-circle tours of Magic Kingdom Park. During this time, you will be able to get an up-close look at the railroad and take advantage of one-of-a-kind photo opportunities.

Miscommunication on my part. When will the railroad re-open? I'm guessing this is still unknown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom