News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Jambo Joe

Did we ride the same ride? That's exactly what Dinosaur is.
Opinions vary I guess - but the effects in that ride are minimal - you get red led tracer lights to simulate incoming chunks, and a T Rex that makes loud noises. Other than that - dark. I was hoping for brilliantly lit up skies, big explosions, lava spewing...

TrojanUSC

Opinions vary I guess - but the effects in that ride are minimal - you get red led tracer lights to simulate incoming chunks, and a T Rex that makes loud noises. Other than that - dark. I was hoping for brilliantly lit up skies, big explosions, lava spewing...

Even the asteroid effect at the end could have been done so much better with better lighting, smoke, etc. Instead it's just an orange glow on the ceiling, basically, with a lot of shouting from the Dr. Seeker.

rle4lunch

That's because it's been all converted to lateral kinetic energy designed to break your spine.

Dinosaur is weak sauce compared to its Indy cousin. The cheap "thrills" (I use that term VERY loosely) on Dinosaur are barely enough to keep you engaged in the flimsy "storyline" (I use that term even more loosely) before you can roll your eyes at the stupidity of the idiot on the screen and in your speakers telling you about the next dino you encounter. The sense of urgency that they tried to make on it also failed miserably. Such a missed opportunity for a great ride system. It feels like the most expensive value engineered (nay, neglected) ride at DAK.

Last edited:

rle4lunch

I don't know if the speedway necessarily needs to be re-themed, but it could use new eco friendly cars. I feel bad for the cast members who work this attraction, the pollution spewing out of these dinosaurs has to be a occupational hazard.

I think the nearby smoking area is probably releasing more harmful and noxious pollutants than the cars. BUT I'm sure the headaches for the CM's are rampant. Aspirin/Tylenol/Motrin are probably in everyone's pockets for daily use.

Mickey5150

It's too bad this ride isn't getting the scenic upgrade from Honda like they have in DL. It's not much but it does give you something to look at while cruising along at 2 mph.

Bocabear

It's too bad this ride isn't getting the scenic upgrade from Honda like they have in DL. It's not much but it does give you something to look at while cruising along at 2 mph.
the Hong Kong Autopia which was closed permanently had great electric cars that were very cute, and some thematic decor...though admittedly light... But at this point, light would be better than the current "No Decor whatsoever" state. It would be nice if they surprised everyone and actually made it a better attraction than it currently is... Better track, more thematic detail...Could they route it through the interior of the tron ride? That was a great old Disney trick...when attractions would cross over each other.. (Peoplemover and everything else in Tomorrowland: Train going through Splash Mountain...Those are magical moments...How about a Hyperspeed tunnel?...YES!

Walt d

I don't know if the speedway necessarily needs to be re-themed, but it could use new eco friendly cars. I feel bad for the cast members who work this attraction, the pollution spewing out of these dinosaurs has to be a occupational hazard.
With tron right there, disney should redo speedway cars to look like coras off road racer, or the bikes would be cool too..

winstongator

I imagine they don't want anything closed in 2019 for a long period of time. DHS will be overwhelmed. Meaning so will the MK. I can see them waiting until 2020 to close it down for the final part of the re-theme. I know why everyone worries budget was slashed, that's always my first thought too, but I think there's actually a strategy involved. We'll see if I'm right or Martin comes in and says "well ..." #BlameFox
2020 will be busier than 2019, I think. GE opens late 2019, probably Nov/Dec, so you have 1-2 months. 2020 will take the full brunt of it. 2021 might be busy too. Now is as good a time as any.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom