News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Disney4family

Why do people care about the theme of the speedway? It’s hardly “tomorrow” in Tomorrowland. Replace it with something else. I don’t care if it’s extra greenery between Tron and the tea cups.
Not sure if this has been said before on other threads or later on in this thread, but after watching little children excitedly drive their parents on this attraction, the "tomorrow" part of the ride seems to be their tomorrow - the children's - not ours as full-fledged driving adults.

Movielover

Hit play:

Is the decision of the RR this time have anything to do with there being 3 stations instead of just 2 when Splash was under construction? or that the length of the shuttle area being longer this time (Main Street through Frontierland to Fantasyland as compared to the first time's shorter Main Street to Fantasyland via Tomorrowland)?

Biff215

Is the decision of the RR this time have anything to do with there being 3 stations instead of just 2 when Splash was under construction? or that the length of the shuttle area being longer this time (Main Street through Frontierland to Fantasyland as compared to the first time's shorter Main Street to Fantasyland via Tomorrowland)?
Likely capacity concerns too. Running it in “shuttle” mode would create huge lines at all the stations.

Movielover

Likely capacity concerns too. Running it in “shuttle” mode would create huge lines at all the stations.

I was thinking that in this case they would just close one of the stations, most likley Frontierland to create a simple shuttle from Main Street to Fantasyland. I figured they would go with the entire shutdown but I did hope for the shuttle option.

Spike-in-Berlin

If "interrupted" would have meant "closed for ever" I would have greatly aprreciated these news. But TDO is still unable to do great solutions and pull out grand designs as the sub-par Toy Story Land definitely proves. So we will keep this heavily outdated, terribly boring, loud and ugly eyesore for even more years. Not even a retheming could save this 1950ies crap, if you want to see adequate car-based attractions today take a look at RSR in DL!

peter11435

Capacity and Safety.

Suchomimus

Animal Kingdom-
- Change Dinosaur to the Indiana Jones Ride that they have in California Adventure.
- Replace Dino Land with the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular or other Indiana Jones themed attractions including a downtown bazaar like in Cairo in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
5498c99473d2527064e59764ae4bf4fa.jpg

JohnyKaz2078

Animal Kingdom-
- Change Dinosaur to the Indiana Jones Ride that they have in California Adventure.
- Replace Dino Land with the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular or other Indiana Jones themed attractions including a downtown bazaar like in Cairo in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- They can maintain the archeology area since Jones was an archeologist.

No more IPs in Animal Kingdom please! Pandora is already enough!

Aside from that Dinosaur is still a quite popular ride and I don't think that Disney is going to replace it. In fact the Indy theme may not happen at all. It would be far better if they just got rid off the Dinorama and built a better Excavator.

thundermtnGOAT

No more IPs in Animal Kingdom please! Pandora is already enough!

Aside from that Dinosaur is still a quite popular ride and I don't think that Disney is going to replace it. In fact the Indy theme may not happen at all. It would be far better if they just got rid off the Dinorama and built a better Excavator.

Most people don’t realize it but Dinosaur IS an IP. Very loosely based, but an IP nonetheless. So it wouldn’t be an additional IP. Just a replacement of a current one.

HMF

Most people don’t realize it but Dinosaur IS an IP. Very loosely based, but an IP nonetheless. So it wouldn’t be an additional IP. Just a replacement of a current one.
I wouldn't consider a unique attraction that opened with a completely different name that (stupidly) had it's name changed to tie in with a film about similar subject matter that very few remember to be IP Based. At least not in the way Chapek would define it.

peter11435

I wouldn't consider a unique attraction that opened with a completely different name that (stupidly) had it's name changed to tie in with a film about similar subject matter that very few remember to be IP Based. At least not in the way Chapek would define it.
You think it was just a coincidence that the two most prominent species in the attraction are also the two most prominent species featured in the movie. Iguanodon and Carnotaurus aren’t exactly the first species people think of when they think dinosaurs.

GlacierGlacier

How long will the railroad be down?
As of right now, unknown. What's likely to happen is the track will be removed/covered during Speedway alterations, as well as during the installation of the swoopy bit and pedestrian walkway. Once those are done, it should be able to return to regular operation, with the coaster construction finishing up after the train returns to normal.

I'd wager Dec 2018 to mid 2020. Or later, depending on tron's pace.

JohnyKaz2078

I know it's supposedly based off of "Dinosaur" but I wouldn't call it an IP ride. If I rode it for the first time I wouldn't even realize that it is based off of a movie but I would pretty much call it a dinosaur ride not Dinosaur ride.

RobotWolf

That had to have been the laziest IP tie-in. And the only good thing to come of it, the iguanadon in the water, was removed. It was meant to be the escaped, rescued dino from the ride, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom