News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
As long as you're here with your Carnac hat on -- anyone old enough to even get that reference? -- do you have any indication at this time that there is any thought being given to actually closing the Speedway vs. any of the proposals to adjust/retheme/etc.?

May a nearsighted sand flea suck syrup off your short stack.

The Speedway for my kids has been a right-of-passage, when they finally grow to 52+ inches tall and are able to drive the car by themselves.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As long as you're here with your Carnac hat on -- anyone old enough to even get that reference? -- do you have any indication at this time that there is any thought being given to actually closing the Speedway vs. any of the proposals to adjust/retheme/etc.?
But Tomorrowland Speedway it is still becoming Tron themed, right too?:confused:
Unclear at this point.
It’s still the plan to overlay, not remove.

Jambo Joe

Not sure why there would be much passion on the board for a Tron-themed overlay for the speedway. The idea of two Tron themed rides next to each doesn’t make much sense unless they plan to rename Tomorrowland to Tron Land (yuck). As well, this would also put an awful lot of capital and space in service to a relatively weak IP.

HMF

Not sure why there would be much passion on the board for a Tron-themed overlay for the speedway. The idea of two Tron themed rides next to each doesn’t make much sense unless they plan to rename Tomorrowland to Tron Land (yuck). As well, this would also put an awful lot of capital and space in service to a relatively weak IP.
Most of us want the speedway to be updated to a tron-like aesthetic not necessarily a Tron-Branded Speedway.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I came in here to say this lol

Fingers crossed we get electric cars at the bare minimum.
You want bare minimum? This:
blue-paint-500x500.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom