News Tomorrowland love

Bocabear

I have a feeling it’s going to be very similar if not identical to Disneyland’s 50th overlay they did to Cinderella castle. Hopefully minus the mirror.
Actually the WDW Overlay for Disneyland's 50th was very nice...maybe the purple-blue roofs will look better with a gilded cage over top of them...Technically playing the color wheel game they should pop... But why they painted the WDW castle to match Disneyland's castle for WDW's 50th Anniversary is baffling...Shouldn't they instead be painting Disneyland's castle in shades of gray with french blue roof tiles? lol

DoleWhipDrea

I know that the recent paint job on Cinderella Castle has gotten a lot of hate, but I will vouch that it looks quite beautiful in person when you enter Magic Kingdom.

That said, the shade of adobe pink that’s used on the spires doesn’t look good while riding the Monorail (when you can’t see the lower half of the castle) and it doesn’t seem to photograph as well. I’m thinking that the castle is going to get additional accents for the 50th that may make more sense with the color scheme?

_caleb

I know that the recent paint job on Cinderella Castle has gotten a lot of hate, but I will vouch that it looks quite beautiful in person when you enter Magic Kingdom.

That said, the shade of adobe pink that’s used on the spires doesn’t look good while riding the Monorail (when you can’t see the lower half of the castle) and it doesn’t seem to photograph as well. I’m thinking that the castle is going to get additional accents for the 50th that may make more sense with the color scheme?
I don’t know anything about additional accents for the castle, but I find it funny how this is the way we respond to whatever strange thing Disney does these days:
“Maybe they’re not finished with the work yet?”
”Maybe the color will fade and will look right?”
“Maybe they’ll plant some trees to hide it?”
“Maybe they’re going to add some decoration to the giant, plain box?”
“Maybe they’ll add the droids and aliens later?”
”Maybe they‘re still going to replace the temporary tents with something more permanent?”
Yet most of our maybes are just wishful thinking.

DoleWhipDrea

I don’t know anything about additional accents for the castle, but I find it funny how this is the way we respond to whatever strange thing Disney does these days:
“Maybe they’re not finished with the work yet?”
”Maybe the color will fade and will look right?”
“Maybe they’ll plant some trees to hide it?”
“Maybe they’re going to add some decoration to the giant, plain box?”
“Maybe they’ll add the droids and aliens later?”
”Maybe they‘re still going to replace the temporary tents with something more permanent?”
Yet most of our maybes are just wishful thinking.

HAHA, yes, I know what you mean.

I will say that I primarily said that due to the last comment by @peter11435

Bocabear

If it only looks good from certain angles, with certain lighting, at a certain time of day, or better with enhancements that have not arrived yet, I would say it is pretty much a failure of design. In it's original colors it ALWAYS looked good...
If this is a permanent change, I would say someone strayed a little too far from the mark.

_caleb

Do we know whether the sad state of Tomorrowland (empty Stitch building, shabby-looking Buzz, rickety Space Mountain, broken PeopleMover) has negatively impacted the area's popularity? Pre-COVID, did guests avoid Tomorrowland? Spend less time/money there?

FigmentFan82

If it only looks good from certain angles, with certain lighting, at a certain time of day, or better with enhancements that have not arrived yet, I would say it is pretty much a failure of design. In it's original colors it ALWAYS looked good...
If this is a permanent change, I would say someone strayed a little too far from the mark.
well lots of things can look better to the naked eye than in a photo, particularly things at night.

gerarar

Premium Member
Work being done on Space Mountain exterior...hopefully they’re either cleaning/pressure washing or repainting! Giving the building some much need love.
3527B7D7-8C68-463F-A9B0-CE951F1F23C5.jpeg

17BD6A30-A7B8-4D0F-AC8D-EAF79196E62C.jpeg

Source and more pictures:

IMDREW

Let's not replace an attraction with a store, please.
The thing is, its not an attraction now. So its replacing empty space with a fun store. I am all for a new ride, but dont see that in the cards for the 50th. So then I’d rather have something like this than nothing at all.

Totally agree with what you say though.

Bocabear

It is hard to believe they ever did that to Disneyland... The Paris Disneyland Space Mountain works because it was designed to be that steampunk aesthetic...with the cannon and all... But to just apply the paint and expect the same sort of look... nope. Perhaps if the budget was not hobbled during the development, the Steak Punk Discoveryland style revamp would have worked, but everything they did was an epic failure leaving their Tomorrowland gutted...At least they have a much better Raceway than we do...

Bocabear

The thing is, its not an attraction now. So its replacing empty space with a fun store. I am all for a new ride, but dont see that in the cards for the 50th. So then I’d rather have something like this than nothing at all.

Totally agree with what you say though.
Problem is, once they put that store in, it will never return to attraction space... But in the meantime, Overhaul Star Traders with that concept...Yes Please... But don't replace an attraction with a store...ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom