News Tomorrowland love

raymusiccity

Will they get rid of or keep the rocks?
They're still working on it ! 🙂
IMG_0094.JPG

WDWTank

I'll be honest. I really think they're screwing the pooch with WDW's formerly perfect tomorrowland by taking the '94 stuff and just painting it white instead of completely replacing it...
It’s like taking out the 1983 Bavarian theming added to Fantasyland and downgrading it to the 1955 version. By the way Walt planned to use Bavarian theming but resorted to the tents because of a lack of funds.

WDWTank

It would have been better to finally theme the back half of the land to the ‘94 look and use the speedway space to transition to Tron instead of this mess. Not liking this hodge podge at all.
I’m not liking this either. This isn’t progress. This isn’t what Walt advocated for. Eventually Tomorrowland will need another ‘94 style update. History will repeat itself.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

I’m not linking this either. This isn’t progress. This isn’t what Walt advocated for. Eventually Tomorrowland will need another ‘94 style update. History will repeat it
I don't think Walt would've wanted Tomorrowland to be based on Buck Rogers, pure sci-fi cheese older than Disneyland. Walt's Tomorrowland focused on what future American industry could bring (Especially Tomorrowland '67).

Plus Tomorrowland '67 was actually finished unlike Tomorrowland '94, where the architecture mostly reverts to that of 70's Tomorrowland.

BubbaisSleep

It would have been better to finally theme the back half of the land to the ‘94 look and use the speedway space to transition to Tron instead of this mess. Not liking this hodge podge at all.
I would agree but I didn't like the New Fantasy Land approach. I really feel like they should have updated the original Fantasyland before putting the gorgeous new one. The original is so outdated with the medieval tents and boring red pavement, I was shocked on my first visit. Changing the whole look of Tomorrowland to one theme was good idea, although I understand people wishing they'd keep the 94' look..

Funny thing is, Guardians would have probably fit the 94' space-station look and Tron would have perfectly fit in Epcot, though similar to Test Track in theme. I'm not sure why they choose to take the more complicated route but there's no going back now.

MrConbon

I would agree but I didn't like the New Fantasy Land approach. I really feel like they should have updated the original Fantasyland before putting the gorgeous new one. The original is so outdated with the medieval tents and boring red pavement, I was shocked on my first visit. Changing the whole look of Tomorrowland to one theme was good idea, although I understand people wishing they'd keep the 94' look..

Funny thing is, Guardians would have probably fit the 94' space-station look and Tron would have perfectly fit in Epcot, though similar to Test Track in theme. I'm not sure why they choose to take the more complicated route but there's no going back now.
I’ve always felt like TRON and GotG should have swapped locations. Especially with Test Track 2.0 giving some strong TRON vibes.

The Empress Lilly

A Tron/GotG swap would've been so much better.

Also, as of yet I'm still enthusiastic about the piecemeal TL conversion. Terrific work being done everywhere. Everything is an improvement over what was, so I shan't hold nothing being just quite perfect against these projects. I love this.

Against better judgement and knowledge I'm secretly holding out for the two biggies: entrance fountains and a new Starjets spire.

MadTeacup

A Tron/GotG swap would've been so much better.

Also, as of yet I'm still enthusiastic about the piecemeal TL conversion. Terrific work being done everywhere. Everything is an improvement over what was, so I shan't hold nothing being just quite perfect against these projects. I love this.

Against better judgement and knowledge I'm secretly holding out for the two biggies: entrance fountains and a new Starjets spire.
At this point, we'd be lucky if they'd at least fix the LED light rings on the current Astro Orbiter spire...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom