News Tomorrowland love

TJJohn12

Ok, next level bonkers rumors from the west coast...

Makes me glad if they are true - and I realize they likely aren’t because of the sourcing and the “feelings” that this is based on - that we’re just getting a paint job for now. I still believe the bones of our TL are good. They just need new content plugged into the existing structures.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Any more information on this you can give or direct us to? I'd love to hear more! If not, your scooAttach files is always appreciated :)
At the time Harris was president of the DL resort. She was clueless when it came to theme park design and savaged the budget of Tomorrowlands makeover. It was her who decreed Rocket Rods would lose it’s banked turns and we
know how that turned out.

She left the company to “spend more time with her family”.

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, May 18, 2019. The blank back wall at Stitch's character greet has been taped and lined for a future geometric paint design. Part of the wall has already been painted (see the second photo).

IMG_1343.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

voodoo321

The Shanghai Tomorrowland gives me the feeling of the exterior plaza level of a modern soccer/football stadium and outdoor shopping mall. It's aesthetics won't hold up over time either. Of course it looks great at night with the lighting but so does WDW's. Anything looks great with the right lighting package. Unfortunately, unless you put a dome over the entire land, it will be lit in sunlight for 90% of operating hours. My vote is for a retro future 60's space age era look.

Timothy_Q

The Shanghai Tomorrowland gives me the feeling of the exterior plaza level of a modern soccer/football stadium and outdoor shopping mall. It's aesthetics won't hold up over time either. Of course it looks great at night with the lighting but so does WDW's. Anything looks great with the right lighting package. Unfortunately, unless you put a dome over the entire land, it will be lit in sunlight for 90% of operating hours. My vote is for a retro future 60's space age era look.
That's what was supposed to happen with this land update.

Removing the 94 elements, and going back to the 71 / 75 Tomorrowland, which is an evolution of Disneyland's 67 Tomorrowland

But it seems a lot of 94 elements may be staying and just getting repainted instead. Shame

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom