News Tomorrowland love

Epcot82Guy

Cohesion would be an amazing new trend! I know I'm in the minority, but I actually think WDW's Tomorrowland is the best as a land. Now, that's the overarching story. The attractions they have chosen to insert, and the continued erosion of the theme, have worked together to make it into a hodgepodge. But, the sort of quirky, almost 50s future from the past can work really well and has staying power like Jules Verne themeing does in DLP.

The new colors just seem odd because I can't figure out the goal. It's a bit like a sherbet-influenced version of the Innoventions Plaza stripes. (Which I didn't personally hate, but I understood the criticism fully.) I'm trying to reserve judgment for now - but I'd really like to know what the end scheme is going to be.

And yes, I used sheme - not schemes - very intentionally! 🙏🙏🙏

DisneyFreak

I've got a sudden taste for an orange creamsicle.

Animaniac93-98

The new colors just seem odd because I can't figure out the goal. It's a bit like a sherbet-influenced version of the Innoventions Plaza stripes. (Which I didn't personally hate, but I understood the criticism fully.) I'm trying to reserve judgment for now - but I'd really like to know what the end scheme is going to be.

For me it's just strange to see Tomorrowland '94 with 1983's paint job because the added architectural touches from '94 have not been removed. IMO, you can't really have both at the same time because the clean look of the old painting style depended upon the building's themselves having smooth surfaces and being pieced together like a modern art display.

CoP looks great because the building itself was largely untouched in the 90s; just given a new paint scheme and the clockwork sign. Going "back" was relatively easy.

ObscurityPoint

DL's Tomorrowland is arguably the worst land in any castle park

It's definitely the ugliest
The ugliest for sure. I still can’t believe they plopped Astro Orbiter (or is it Orbitor there?) right in the front by the hub, making it a congested mess to enter the land when they have a perfectly fine loading platform sitting abandoned along with their Peoplemover track. I wish the 2055 concept was successful, or at least done better since it was a cool idea, but at this point Disneyland imagineers should work at making that Tomorrowland look more like it does in Florida. Stick to a white/blue clean looking color scheme, move Astro or bring back the Rocket Jets (or packs like in Shanghai) and Peoplemover, and replace Star Tours and Innoventions with a new attraction as Galaxy’s Edge will be opened soon.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I'm looking back at some older Peoplemover videos. Turns out that specific color change has been there for a while. I never saw that before. False alarm.
Not clear on what specific color you are asking about. I assume it is the teal; however, if you are asking about the black, it is for the train passing under it (the smoke will discolor the area).

EDIT: OOPS I did not realize I was that far behind until it posted. I am sure others have replied by now. Sorry, nothing to see here, move along....

Clamman73

For me it's just strange to see Tomorrowland '94 with 1983's paint job because the added architectural touches from '94 have not been removed. IMO, you can't really have both at the same time because the clean look of the old painting style depended upon the building's themselves having smooth surfaces and being pieced together like a modern art display.

CoP looks great because the building itself was largely untouched in the 90s; just given a new paint scheme and the clockwork sign. Going "back" was relatively easy.
We’re getting there though...they seem to have a checklist that they’re knocking out.
Hopefully the PeopleMover supports get changed back to how they were, paint complete around Tomorrowland, light purple paint gone...maybe some better nighttime lighting.
I wonder how long until they change the PeopleMover narration...I guess they’ll wait until Tron is done. Personally I’m hoping for an ORAC-2 narration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom