News Tomorrowland love

Kman101

I am very eager to hear what the eventual STG replacement will be. And MILF and Buzz could def take a hike and I'd be ok with it, even though I do enjoy those attractions, it just feels like there could be something better there.

Agreed on Buzz and MiLf. They could definitely do better in those spots. I don't dislike either too much and MiLf is underrated (when you get the right audience) and just in the wrong park. Buzz is badly in-need of a solid refurb, but I'd also like a replacement because I don't think we need two Toy Story based shooters. Though I find Buzz to be the better shooter because it's an actual dark ride, in some ways. Mania is very fun but so overhyped (IMO). If I had my way, Stitch would have been in the theater, Alien would have stayed, and Buzz was fine for the time but I'd appreciate something new. MILF should have gone into DHS, but I get the park is already show heavy (and they're adding something similar with Racing Academy). But Tokyo gets away with having a Monsters presence. I bet if we had a dark ride on that scale instead of a theater show it'd have gotten more of a pass here (but it would still be in the wrong park; at least in Tokyo, Monsters makes a tad more sense as they can't exactly put it in DisneySea).

Timothy_Q

That's nice to hear for once. They actually have a plan. Why is Florida always all over the place yet other parks have actual plans? (have they settled on a Stitch replacement? Mary? Future World? etc.)
They also have / had plans for Epcot and DHS.

We may not like them, but they're plans.
Doesn't mean DL's TL plan is a good one either

Kman101

They also have / had plans for Epcot and DHS.

We may not like them, but they're plans.
Doesn't mean DL's TL plan is a good one either

I never said DL's was going to be good. But if they have a plan in Florida, why can't they make a decision on what to do with so many different things?

I have no doubt plans exist, I probably should have phrased it better. But we also get mostly fully laid out timelines for all of the other parks.

With Florida we know so much because of our insiders. It always feels like they fly by the seat of their pants. And notice I said "it feels like" ... meaning it's the impression they give me :)

You don't need to always jump to the defense of them :)

Timothy_Q

I never said DL's was going to be good. But if they have a plan in Florida, why can't they make a decision on what to do with so many different things?

I have no doubt plans exist, I probably should have phrased it better. But we also get mostly fully laid out timelines for all of the other parks.

With Florida we know so much because of our insiders. It always feels like they fly by the seat of their pants. And notice I said "it feels like" ... meaning it's the impression they give me :)

You don't need to always jump to the defense of them :)
I'm definitely not defending them lol

I'm commenting on the "grass is greener" philosophy.

DL's TL has been a show for decades. If you think that's "making a decision and having laid-out timelines" you're wearing the grass is greener glasses.
Last time I checked MK's was the TL getting small updates, not DL's

Kman101

I'm definitely not defending them lol

I'm commenting on the "grass is greener" philosophy.

DL's TL has been a **** show for decades. If you think that's "making a decision and having laid-out timelines" you're wearing the grass is greener glasses.
Last time I checked MK's was the TL getting small updates, not DL's

Small updates doesn't mean some master plan, either. I'm sure they have one. But I don't have to agree or like how they go about it :)

I never really said the grass was greener. I just like when they lay out their overall plans and it makes me feel they just have a better idea of what to do everywhere else but Anaheim and Orlando. Anaheim hasn't made a lot of great decisions lately, IMHO.

I don't really think either comes across as parks with a master plan. It just feels like "well, we have this problem so let's stick this here" mentality. I'm beyond happy they're doing things, though. I just want it laid out better and I want to know they know what they're doing. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense. Just how I feel.

If there was a master plan they wouldn't be so indecisive about what to do in Florida. They aren't indecisive anywhere else. To a lesser extent, Anaheim. I never really said the grass is greener in Anaheim.

Not sure why I had to explain all of this when I was simply just happy to hear there was a plan. I've yet to get a real sense they know at all what they're doing. I'm sure they have long-term "goals" and ideas and some plans. But it often feels like they have no idea and no master plan. They just do things.

Kman101

So are Monsters and Buzz staying or not?

Seems like it (but I don't know anything officially of course). But I swear we've heard Buzz isn't being refurbed, at the very least (unless that's changed). I don't know if anyone has shot down it actually going away, though. I doubt they see it as a "problem to be fixed" but they need to do something with it. I guess we could consider this a cosmetic overhaul. And they still need to do something with the Stitch space ... sigh.

jt04

Small updates doesn't mean some master plan, either. I'm sure they have one. But I don't have to agree or like how they go about it :)

I never really said the grass was greener. I just like when they lay out their overall plans and it makes me feel they just have a better idea of what to do everywhere else but Anaheim and Orlando. Anaheim hasn't made a lot of great decisions lately, IMHO.

I don't really think either comes across as parks with a master plan. It just feels like "well, we have this problem so let's stick this here" mentality. I'm beyond happy they're doing things, though. I just want it laid out better and I want to know they know what they're doing. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense. Just how I feel.

If there was a master plan they wouldn't be so indecisive about what to do in Florida. They aren't indecisive anywhere else. To a lesser extent, Anaheim. I never really said the grass is greener in Anaheim.

Not sure why I had to explain all of this when I was simply just happy to hear there was a plan. I've yet to get a real sense they know at all what they're doing. I'm sure they have long-term "goals" and ideas and some plans. But it often feels like they have no idea and no master plan. They just do things.

If you watch what they do without being cynical it will make more sense. It is a decades long process but will ultimately be worth the wait. There was just not enough capital and gumption to get WDW back on track quickly. Many interests have to be kept happy along the way. Pitfalls of being a publicly traded company.

Kman101

If you watch what they do without being cynical it will make more sense. It is a decades long process but will ultimately be worth the wait. There was just not enough capital and gumption to get WDW back on track quickly. Many interests have to be kept happy along the way. Pitfalls of being a publicly traded company.

I'm far from cynical, really (most of the time). I do know how they operate and it's why I don't have total faith or trust in them ;) I actually keep a very open-mind. I appreciate at times your crazy optimism but it's not always how you see it.

Disney Maddux

Seems like it (but I don't know anything officially of course). But I swear we've heard Buzz isn't being refurbed, at the very least (unless that's changed). I don't know if anyone has shot down it actually going away, though. I doubt they see it as a "problem to be fixed" but they need to do something with it. I guess we could consider this a cosmetic overhaul. And they still need to do something with the Stitch space ... sigh.
Speaking of Stitch, is something happening with the M&G? Last two times I went, he wasn't doing his M&G, and there were plenty of cast members going in and out of the pre-show and theater areas...

jt04

I'm far from cynical, really (most of the time). I do know how they operate and it's why I don't have total faith or trust in them ;) I actually keep a very open-mind. I appreciate at times your crazy optimism but it's not always how you see it.

I am convinced they are going in the right direction. The competition will keep them focused.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So are Monsters and Buzz staying or not?

While replacing Buzz was once a blue sky idea, that seems to have dropped off the table according to our insiders, at least for this round of MK's Tomorrowland 50th Anniversary update. So, Buzz and LF are staying for at least another five years with no greenlit plan to replace them... yet.

jaxonp

Worst Tomorrowland is definitely Hong Kong but Disneyland is not far behind. Ironically, MK might be the best of the castle parks. Shanghai is the most modern but is completely different than the others. Tokyo is all over the place but has the best collection of rides. PM and the overall size and setup of MK Tomorrowland makes it the best to me. If only the we could get two quality dark rides to replace what we have in the front.

Timothy_Q

Worst Tomorrowland is definitely Hong Kong but Disneyland is not far behind. Ironically, MK might be the best of the castle parks. Shanghai is the most modern but is completely different than the others. Tokyo is all over the place but has the best collection of rides. PM and the overall size and setup of MK Tomorrowland makes it the best to me. If only the we could get two quality dark rides to replace what we have in the front.
I haven't seen SDL's in person, but MK's Tomorrowland is my fav too.

Love the layout of the land, the Peoplemover connecting everything, CoP, the BGM, the most beautiful Space Mountain building (as it's so much bigger than the single-track ones.

It really shouldn't be that hard to fix the land's issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom