News Tomorrowland love

Dunston

I'm glad that this project seems to be moving along quickly for Disney standards. If their purpose is to open up Tomorrow Land's sightlines, it would be a shame for construction to be obstructing things for too long.

Kman

Just a comment in general for this thread. It seems to me that Imagineering would be far more capable today of "predicting" what the future might look like for the next 20-30 years to really update this land. I can appreciate that back in the late 60's and early 70's we had very little idea of where technology would go. I understand there are still going to be "gaps" in our knowledge but our grasp of what technology can do and will be capable of doing in the "near" future is pretty comprehensive at this point. For Pete's sake I have read what are considered legitimate articles about flying cars which tells me where we are at. Just something that occurred to me and that I have wondered about for some time. Hope I am not overlapping here too much...

Cmdr_Crimson

Just a comment in general for this thread. It seems to me that Imagineering would be far more capable today of "predicting" what the future might look like for the next 20-30 years to really update this land. I can appreciate that back in the late 60's and early 70's we had very little idea of where technology would go. I understand there are still going to be "gaps" in our knowledge but our grasp of what technology can do and will be capable of doing in the "near" future is pretty comprehensive at this point. For Pete's sake I have read what are considered legitimate articles about flying cars which tells me where we are at. Just something that occurred to me and that I have wondered about for some time. Hope I am not overlapping here too much...
If it was anything now it would be what they called it in Meet The Robinsons..
robinson3.jpg

Maeryk

I would love to see them stick with the googie aspect it originally had, spires and extranneous rings and that whole "atomic age" look, and be more pointed at science fiction than science fact, but at least have a cohesive theme that isn't just random IP that needed a big dark building to be plunked in. Not at all sure how they would do that.. but I'd prefer to see them shy away from speculative future.. that's kinda why Epcot got dated real fast, and stick with optimistic if somewhat cartoony but still kinda realistic. Jetpacks and old school cigar shaped big fin rocket trips to Venus, etc etc. I often think kids today are missing out on the sort of wonder I had as a young lad looking at the cover art on sci-fi books and imagining the possibilities, even if they weren't very realistic, and think Disney is the perfect incubator to be reinvigorating that sort of wonderful fantasizing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Science FICTION for Tomorrowland. SCIENCE and Innovation for Future World.

So, since space tourism isn't science fiction, nor is a history of home technology, nor is driving a car, we'll have to move Space Mountain and Carousel of Progress and Speedway to Epcot.

And then, move Figment to Tomorrowland. Also, Mission Space Green, since making turns in orbit like they do is science fiction. Also, Soarin', since you can't hang glide around the world.

;)

rnese

So, since space tourism isn't science fiction, nor is a history of home technology, nor is driving a car, we'll have to move Space Mountain and Carousel of Progress and Speedway to Epcot.

And then, move Figment to Tomorrowland. Also, Mission Space Green, since making turns in orbit like they do is science fiction. Also, Soarin', since you can't hang glide around the world.

;)
YES! And of course the Roman's never existed, so SSE needs to replace Astro Orbiter.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom