News Tomorrowland love

build_it

If they don't I have the perfect plan. :cool:
Plan 9 from outer space.jpg

Sped2424

I guess I just don't get the dislike that some have for it. I think it is absolutely a quality addition to the parks. I agree that it would fit better in DHS, but I really can't see anything wrong with the attraction in and of itself. Its entertainment value is comparable to many of the other "show" attractions and the technology allows for some spontaneous interaction with the audience, which isn't possible with strictly automated shows. I don't think anyone thinks it's the most amazing thing ever, but it's quite good and still popular with the majority of guests. There's nothing wrong with wanting Disney to make their best effort with every attraction they create, but I haven't heard anyone provide any real reason that the Laugh Floor is an embarrassment that should be eliminated, other than they don't personally enjoy it and feel like its current location is somehow preventing something better from being placed there. My responses to those points are that a) entertainment value is subjective and b) what fantastic attraction has been planned that fits the space and had to be scrapped because of the existence of the Laugh Floor? I'm more than open to listening to counter arguments.
I'll provide some reasons but I don't think you would accept them! As for the space I'm not saying it's currently in the plans, but it could be used in much more effective ways that actually bring in a large crowd! Which as much as some may like laugh floor it does not do.

geekza

I'll provide some reasons but I don't think you would accept them! As for the space I'm not saying it's currently in the plans, but it could be used in much more effective ways that actually bring in a large crowd! Which as much as some may like laugh floor it does not do.
I mean, I certainly have no chance of accepting your reasons if I don't know what they are. As for how the space could be better used, again, I'd love to hear your ideas. I'm not against change, contrary to what some may think of me around here. The change just needs to be warranted.

HiJe

I mean, I certainly have no chance of accepting your reasons if I don't know what they are. As for how the space could be better used, again, I'd love to hear your ideas. I'm not against change, contrary to what some may think of me around here. The change just needs to be warranted.

I had an idea that would require scrapping a good amount of the land. But since it is Tomorrowland and is supposed to showcase ideas of what tomorrow could bring, a Re-theme to the digital and robotic age could be warranted. Something with Wreck-It Ralph, PeopleMover could be the DataMover. Actual Robots walking around. Bring back space travel (SpaceX, not SpaceMountain) or even time travel again with an updated story. Rides and attractions based on the futuristic ideas that haven't already occurred. Etc.... Just an idea.

solidyne

Well said, part of the problem with the current management is they are attempting to adapt cohesive themes with today's mindsets. New builds should be designed where the theme of a land or park are broad enough to allow for both IP and non-IP based additions. Otherwise you're forced to do full on demolition and rebuild.

Bringing this back to Tomorrowland, the "solution" very well may be to demo the buildings that house Stitch, Monster's Inc and Buzz and start over.
I hope you mean "gut," not "demo"! :oops:

geekza

I had an idea that would require scrapping a good amount of the land. But since it is Tomorrowland and is supposed to showcase ideas of what tomorrow could bring, a Re-theme to the digital and robotic age could be warranted. Something with Wreck-It Ralph, PeopleMover could be the DataMover. Actual Robots walking around. Bring back space travel (SpaceX, not SpaceMountain) or even time travel again with an updated story. Rides and attractions based on the futuristic ideas that haven't already occurred. Etc.... Just an idea.
I would be totally down with that kind of retheming. It won't happen, but it's a perfectly fitting and interesting idea for Tomorrowland.

tirian

Laugh Floor is a lot of fun... I just think it was poorly placed... Should have always been in DHS along with Toy Story Mania... Now it could be in POixar area...but it is a cute show and worthy of staying....just in a new location.
Yep, it’s a great attraction that’s simply in the wrong location; but TBH, that describes almost every Tomorrowland attraction since DL opened in ‘55.

Regardless of its aesthetics, at least WDW’s TL ‘94 had a unified storyline.

tirian

I'd have to argue that the 1st incarnation of Epcot was VERY close (if not perfect) to a pure theme as any Disney park had at that time. Over time of course we all know what happened but I do believe that is why many folks here including myself fell in love with the park and why we can sometimes get a bit angered by the direction its been going in the last 20 years or so.
EPCOT Center needed a thrill ride and had one too many “slow moving journeys,” but by 1990, it was an incredible place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom