News Tomorrowland love

Goofyernmost

They had plans (at least 3) for replacements so it wasn't a physical reason. Maybe someone up there does care.

Expect it to get some nice love. And happy Christmas !
Right back at ya, Martin and thanks for all the hard work preserving one of America's dreams come true. Walt deserves that memory and hopefully it will continue. What that man did for all of us is priceless.

Mike S

I think the reason for the current investment in WDW is simple: when Iger took over, a lot of parks badly needed expansions, and his administration focused on those they viewed as in greatest need first - DCA, HKDL, and WDSP. (They also determined that they needed to make a second attempt at truly entering the China market before it became saturated, thus Shanghai.) With those parks no longer in as great need, they're now able to focus more investment on WDW. This is my understanding, anyway.
Remember the Disney that was once able to open Splash Mountain at Disneyland, Wonders of Life at EPCOT Center,* Disney-MGM Studios, and Typhoon Lagoon all in one year in 1989? Then be able to open Disneyland Paris and WDW's Splash Mountain in 1992, ToonTown at DL in 1993, Tower of Terror and a new Tomorrowland at WDW in 1994, and then Indiana Jones Adventure at DL and Blizzard Beach at WDW in 1995? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

*Let's throw in Norway the year before as a little extra too.

Matt_Black

Remember the Disney that was once able to open Splash Mountain at Disneyland, Wonders of Life at EPCOT Center,* Disney-MGM Studios, and Typhoon Lagoon all in one year in 1989? Then be able to open Disneyland Paris and WDW's Splash Mountain in 1992, ToonTown at DL in 1993, Tower of Terror and a new Tomorrowland at WDW in 1994, and then Indiana Jones Adventure at DL and Blizzard Beach at WDW in 1995? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

*Let's throw in Norway the year before as a little extra too.

Yes, yes, it was a golden age when prices were reasonable, politicians were noble, and children respected their elders.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Unless I missed it skimming through this thread... Has any news (rumors) surfaced regarding Figment and the return of Dreamfinder taking up residence in Tomorrowland; as part of the redesign? A few unsubstantiated outlets have reported that the Imagination concept and characters could be transplanted in Tomorowland; with Epcot's Journey being gutted for the obvious IP overhaul.

mergatroid

Take your calm, measured, and rational view of things elsewhere! Don't you know that Bob Iger is the devil? He personally and single-handedly ruined the vacation of one of the posters here! (Said poster never elaborated how, exactly, this happened, so we are free to imagine wildly implausible scenarios. My theory- he broke into the hotel room and pooped in the luggage.)

The bounder :mad:

FigmentJedi

Unless I missed it skimming through this thread... Has any news (rumors) surfaced regarding Figment and the return of Dreamfinder taking up residence in Tomorrowland; as part of the redesign? A few unsubstantiated outlets have reported that the Imagination concept and characters could be transplanted in Tomorowland; with Epcot's Journey being gutted for the obvious IP overhaul.
That was mostly just Jim Hill's claims and most people think his info's dubious anyways. Frankly if it did happen, Bob Chapek is stupider then we thought. They've been pushing Figment a lot more in event merchandising and stuff the last few years and reinforcing his status as the park's mascot. Bringing Dreamfinder back to Florida, but not in the form of an Epcot homecoming and exiling Figment from Epcot in the process makes no sense at all.

brb1006

That was mostly just Jim Hill's claims and most people think his info's dubious anyways. Frankly if it did happen, Bob Chapek is stupider then we thought. They've been pushing Figment a lot more in event merchandising and stuff the last few years and reinforcing his status as the park's mascot. Bringing Dreamfinder back to Florida, but not in the form of an Epcot homecoming and exiling Figment from Epcot in the process makes no ******* sense at all.
If an animated Journey Into Imagination movie ever became a reality. Then these type of moves would had made sense giving extra promotion for the future return of Dreamfinder and the attraction finally gaining a major overhaul.

V_L_Raptor

Yes it does, I can tell you with 100% confidence that rocks will look like that in the future. Since Tomorrowland really tries to predict what things will look like in the future, I'd say they nailed the rocks. Just sayin!

If by "what things will look like in the future" you mean "how things will look in the next forty-five minutes or so if I can get my hands on a suitably angular rock and a well selected can of iridescent purple Krylon," then yes, that's absolutely how rocks will look in the future. Absolutely!

doctornick

I would love to see something based off of the Rocketeer or Flight of The Navigator. Those are two of my favorite Disney movies. Wasn't Disney planning on a Rocketeer sequel?

I love The Rocketeer and do hope a new movie is made, but it doesn't feel right for Tomorrowland unless the land was reconfigured to a more retro futurist vibe and even then....

However, the property would be great for an addition on Sunset in DHS.

jt04

I love The Rocketeer and do hope a new movie is made, but it doesn't feel right for Tomorrowland unless the land was reconfigured to a more retro futurist vibe and even then....

However, the property would be great for an addition on Sunset in DHS.

Great idea.

matt9112

How could they be considering anything other than GotG for SGE replacement or the expansion pad? It checks all the boxes:

1. Box office & critical hit.
2. An open-ended franchise with likely forthcoming 'volumes' after 2.
3. The executive suite is eager to get Marvel into the parks. GotG is one of the few proven Marvel properties they can use in Orlando.
4. It - shockingly - would actually support/enhance the space fantasy/sci-fi theme of the current land.

OR they could put a little effort into decoupling the parks and resorts from film....just a smidgen of effort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom