News Tomorrowland love

Bocabear

It's hard to believe that as a kid, Tomorrowland was my favorite part of the park...Space Mountain, People Mover, Star Jets, If You Had Wings, Mission to the Moon, Circle Vision 360... Lots of great memorable attraction music in those days.... It was hopeful and inspirational and just plan fun... The old color scheme was more vibrant... It was to us at that time in history something new and special....

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Wall-e... one of the IPs that they do not use nearly enough.
Any merch they make sells great (beside my desk is every wall-e funko and the lego Wall-e) HE fits at Epcot and tomorrowland.

For some reason has no presence in the parks outside of paris (who loves Wall-e), unless I am missing something in the outside parks.

You can also have a great message with him, regarding protecting the earth.

For an example why is he not outside the window riding his fire extinguisher outside the windows of Space 220.

Talk about missed opportunities, does anyone even talk about Space 220? They could change what you see outside the windows every so often and create new buzz, but I haven't heard them publicize or even talk about it in years.

Back on topic though, what kind of attraction would you put there for Walle though. There isn't room for an omnimover (unless I'm wrong again). I think either a star tours, or a show is about all that would fit (or something new an creative)

Disagree, Wall-E is extremely dystopian

Centauri Space Station

Tomorrowland is still one of my favorite lands, especially at night. Peoplemover, AO, tron, COP, even the speedway add lots of kinetic energy. It’s still an enjoyable epxperinece but most things definitely need refurbs. Especially Buzz and Speedway. PM and COP could use a light update and something for Stitch. I don’t think MILF is a big problem it’s still a cute show.

MerlinTheGoat

Disagree, Wall-E is extremely dystopian
Sounds like a perfect fit for accurately showing what our future holds. Ultra wealthy business class abandoning a toxic trashed junkheap of a planet (that they caused) to colonize space. The human race so morbidly obese that no one can walk anymore and requiring scooters to get around. Eyes constantly glued to video screens and social media 24/7, completely unaware of where they are or what their literal surroundings look like. Automation taking over everything.

That said, Wall E has a very uplifting ending with a strong techno-environmentalist message. Especially the credits. I wouldn't trust Disney to be smart enough to meaningfully tie this message into the philosophies of Tomorrowland or Future World (more likely they'd just make some sort of vapid cartoony ride with no real meaning behind it if they used the character). But within the inescapable reality of IP invasion (something that we'll unfortunately never see a reversal of), there's far more potential and suitability in the Wall E IP than the likes of Buzz Lightyear, Tron, Nemo or GOTG...

1711692894945.jpeg

1711692964958.jpeg

^That image of the Axiom almost looks like a piece of classic EPCOT concept art. Though I get the feeling that Disney has largely moved past Wall E at this point, save for minor appearances and maybe some merch.

MaximumEd

We all know Disney can make those surveys say what they want
I’m no fan of current management, but why would they need to manipulate a survey to do something or not do something? They run the company. I guess you could build a case that people lower down the ladder might do it to convince someone higher up to fund their pet project, but I still think it’s a stretch.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sounds like a perfect fit for accurately showing what our future holds. Ultra wealthy business class abandoning a toxic trashed junkheap of a planet (that they caused) to colonize space. The human race so morbidly obese that no one can walk anymore and requiring scooters to get around. Eyes constantly glued to video screens and social media 24/7, completely unaware of where they are or what their literal surroundings look like. Automation taking over everything.

That said, Wall E has a very uplifting ending with a strong techno-environmentalist message. Especially the credits. I wouldn't trust Disney to be smart enough to meaningfully tie this message into the philosophies of Tomorrowland or Future World (more likely they'd just make some sort of vapid cartoony ride with no real meaning behind it if they used the character). But within the inescapable reality of IP invasion (something that we'll unfortunately never see a reversal of), there's far more potential and suitability in the Wall E IP than the likes of Buzz Lightyear, Tron, Nemo or GOTG...

View attachment 775476
View attachment 775477

^That image of the Axiom almost looks like a piece of classic EPCOT concept art. Though I get the feeling that Disney has largely moved past Wall E at this point, save for minor appearances and maybe some merch.
Pizza plants!! 😂

Lies detected here = 0. Especially your second paragraph. And that Axiom painting does indeed look like it could have come from 1982 EPCOT Center.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m no fan of current management, but why would they need to manipulate a survey to do something or not do something? They run the company. I guess you could build a case that people lower down the ladder might do it to convince someone higher up to fund their pet project, but I still think it’s a stretch.
Shh shh shh... the illogic of spending millions on polling and data analyses which no one in the public ever sees in order to somehow convince the public of something will only cause even more wild conspiracies to spawn.

Animaniac93-98

Though I get the feeling that Disney has largely moved past Wall E at this point, save for minor appearances and maybe some merch.

Wall-E's depiction of fat people riding scooters and stuffing their faces is likely seen as problematic internally, for several reasons.

Easier to keep the focus on the toyetic cute robots and away from the movie's messaging.

ppete1975

Nemo, Little Mermaid, and Imagination rarely have waits and they're all churning along.
nemo and little mermaid have a high throughput rarely stop unlike spaceship earth and hm, I think if you looked at guests per hour they would not be at the bottom.
Imagination, they dont want to kill the cash cow that is figment, although there have been rumors for years of inside out or something else.

I think they know that they need a new figment attraction, but its so low on the priority list they might as well pimp him out as much as possible

Bocabear

but WHY is it so low on the priority list? FIGMENT was literally the IP designed for EPCOT. It was an EPCOT Original and really was incredibly popular... All they need to do is redo the attraction and pavilion and then sit back and collect money for the merch it will sell... It could also launch a film or television series.... But they just mothballed the whole thing and trot him out every so often to sell popcorn buckets....

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
but WHY is it so low on the priority list? FIGMENT was literally the IP designed for EPCOT. It was an EPCOT Original and really was incredibly popular... All they need to do is redo the attraction and pavilion and then sit back and collect money for the merch it will sell... It could also launch a film or television series.... But they just mothballed the whole thing and trot him out every so often to sell popcorn buckets....
Someone has put forth the rumor recently that a certain WDW president doesn't like the pavilion and thus has made a point to not invest in it. Not that this has anything to do with Tomorrowland.

I really believe the 1994 TL theme should have been kept and updated. "The future that never was" has so many places it could go without breaking the theming. But I guess that would have required creativity and originality, plus it didn't serve the movie IP mandate. :banghead:

HauntedMansionFLA

Or send COP to EPCOT and create an all new Imagineering Pavilion... with a newer better version of One Man's Dream, Carousel Of Progress complete with a walk around giant Progressland Model... a deep dive into the beginnings of Imagineering and Walt Disney's work for the World's Fair... It would be amazing... Add a "Walt's" Restaurant that is designed as a series of dining room sets from different movies like Mary Poppins, So Dear To My Heart...etc...things that Walt actually worked on... Pure Nostalgia...
and then they would have another empty parcel of Tomorrowland to develop into something new...
World ShowPlace would be ideal for this project.

Bocabear

Just the thought of having an Imagineering Pavilion would be really cool...They could have an Imagineering Test Labs attraction, A Black Box ride, new experimental ideas showcase...It could be a lot of fun....Could even be the best Pavilion in EPCOT if done well. but that is a big "if"...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom