News Tomorrowland love

Rich Brownn

I remember huge lines for Alien Encounter when it opened...and for several years (many) after that. Were there complaints that it was too scary for little kids? Yes, but in general, it was a great, disturbing, scary, fun attraction that was changed because toddlers and small children didn't like it...and mostly because parents disregarded the warning signs. I don't care for Enchanting Tales with Belle and Casey JR Water play area and diaper wash...I know a lot of adults that don't like them, so can we get them shut down? lol
Having the Alien Encounter attraction in the park was a great balance point...something edgy in the lineup... Not every attraction appeals to every person...So if there was ONE edgy attraction that was solidly early teen and older a bad thing? Absolutely not...It should have remained in it's original format. I am hoping they can come up with something to replace it that is equally engaging for adults and not just the toddler-10 year old set.
Just reinforces the belief that, unlike Disneyland, our Magic Kingdom is the kiddie park

SpectreJordan

I like Mission Space alright, it is just a worse attraction compared to what was in its place before. A similar problem happened with Stitch. Alien Encounter was definitely the better attraction story wise. But it wasn’t popular with the average guest just like Horizons towards the end of its existence. Mission Space probably has just as much popularity now as Horizons did in its final years though. While I enjoy a ride on it every few years, I am surprised it still exists in its same form, more or less, after 20 years.

Also I prefer BLSRS over TSMM, but that’s probably because Buzz Lightyear was my favorite character as a kid and I have fond memories of riding it with my dad, I’ve only done the latter a few times because it was so popular for years that you basically had to rope drop it or wait 2 hours to ride it and while it’s a fun ride, it’s not worth that. The “new” theater and SDD alleviated a lot of that. Buzz could definitely be something else, but Disney needs to address MILF and SGE first and none of them seem to be a priority for them. Buzz gets pretty sizable wait times nowadays anyway, but that could be partly due to downtime on other attractions.
Is Monsters Inc an unpopular attraction on these boards? I don't think it really belongs in Tomorrowland but it's always a good time when I go to it. I'd only want to see it replaced with another show; shows are a really underrated but important part of the parks IMO.

Incomudro

Is Monsters Inc an unpopular attraction on these boards? I don't think it really belongs in Tomorrowland but it's always a good time when I go to it. I'd only want to see it replaced with another show; shows are a really underrated but important part of the parks IMO.
I think Monster's Inc. is a great attraction.
We've had lots of fun in there as a family.
It's nice to have a variety of attractions like this, it reminds me of the sound effects thing that was in MGM Studios.
That kind of interactive audience participation thing.

Brer Panther

I personally like Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Yeah, it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland, but it's fun.

If they were to get rid of it, I'd want them to move it to Hollywood Studios and make it part of a new Monsters Inc.-themed land (Animation Courtyard is sitting there just taking up space).

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

If they were to get rid of it, I'd want them to move it to Hollywood Studios and make it part of a new Monsters Inc.-themed land (Animation Courtyard is sitting there just taking up space).
Animation Courtyard is in desperate need of a refresh. When I went last December, the Star Wars exhibit wasn't even open. Literally the perfect spot to put Runaway Railway but of course they had to gut TGMR for it.

The Rocketeer

Yeah I don't think Monsters is bad either. It doesn't fit well with Tomorrowland but I don't think that really matters. I'd just like to see it moved to a Monsters land in DHS with the long rumored Door coaster. But the odds of that ever happening are very slim to none.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I remember huge lines for Alien Encounter when it opened...and for several years (many) after that. Were there complaints that it was too scary for little kids? Yes, but in general, it was a great, disturbing, scary, fun attraction that was changed because toddlers and small children didn't like it...and mostly because parents disregarded the warning signs. I don't care for Enchanting Tales with Belle and Casey JR Water play area and diaper wash...I know a lot of adults that don't like them, so can we get them shut down? lol
Having the Alien Encounter attraction in the park was a great balance point...something edgy in the lineup... Not every attraction appeals to every person...So if there was ONE edgy attraction that was solidly early teen and older a bad thing? Absolutely not...It should have remained in it's original format. I am hoping they can come up with something to replace it that is equally engaging for adults and not just the toddler-10 year old set.
Speaking of edgy/scary, does anyone remember Goosebumps in MGM Studios way back in the day?

Animaniac93-98

I guess the easy solution at this point would be to put another copy of Stitch Live in the former Great Escape theater.

Might be considered too similar to Monsters, Inc, but I'd be fine with that show leaving.

Sir_Cliff

I guess the easy solution at this point would be to put another copy of Stitch Live in the former Great Escape theater.

Might be considered too similar to Monsters, Inc, but I'd be fine with that show leaving.
I guess that could also work. If it comes down to a question of what fits better in Tomorrowland, there's no doubt Stitch wins over Monsters Inc.!

Bocabear

Aren't there other franchises/IPs that might work better than Stitch? I thought Meet The Robinsons was better... but the new Pixar movie looks like that would work too. Too bad Tomorrowland movie was not as successful...It was imaginitive at least.
I know they won't put something original without an established IP in....

The Empress Lilly

Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Space Mt, BTM arent kiddie
They were built before the kiddiefication era. And at any rate, all four are tamer now than before.
Not all changes were made with the explicit goal of making them more kid-friendly, but that certainly is the result. And I can't think of an experience that emerged scarier or less kid-friendly, since the much maligned Alien Encounter.

For example:
Mansion - the queue cartoonofies thz inhabitants
Pirates - pirates now chase pies and visit antique auctions
Space - toned down with brakes
BTM - scary tunnel effects removed

The Empress Lilly

Aren't there other franchises/IPs that might work better than Stitch? I thought Meet The Robinsons was better... but the new Pixar movie looks like that would work too. Too bad Tomorrowland movie was not as successful...It was imaginitive at least.
I know they won't put something original without an established IP in....
I'd prefer no IP in TL, but if they must go that route, I was actually pleased with Tron. Brilliant, timeless aesthetics.

But really I just want TL to be about sustainability, or eco-friendliness. That would fit Disney and the MK. Just optimistic, progressive futurism. Make those smelly diesel Speedway cars electric already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom