News Tomorrowland love

Donaldfan1934

The Light and Power building should be reduced. It's too tall, there's empty space with the arcade gone, and it could cause a bottleneck for Tron.
(Plus the art deco clashes with Space too much).
The original Tron concept art showed off a nice exterior remodel for the building.
A89DC75D-F968-4EC8-9AA8-9AF1F5D4FED4.jpeg

Granted, this was also the same piece of concept art that had the now removed escalator entrance in it, but I really hope the changes shown are still part of the plan considering that it’s one of the closest structures to TRON.

Last edited:

Donaldfan1934

I’m not sure how thorough it would be if it happens.
That’s concerning. While I don’t think the Astro Orbiter necessarily has to go full Star Jets to work within the aesthetic they’re moving towards, the ride in its current state is still too distinctly TL’94 and shouldn’t go completely unaltered.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

During my time out last week especially during the Feb 3rd After Hours event I have noticed a really raw sewage scent around the area..Anyone else notice it lately?

MadTeacup

One of the people mover ramps seems to be under refurb, guests entering & exiting have to share the left ramp.
Despite what a certain website may be saying, if the ramp itself were in rehab, they would not have built scaffolding on top of it. More than likely they are repairing something inside the ceiling under the Astro Orbiter.

lazyboy97o

Despite what a certain website may be saying, if the ramp itself were in rehab, they would not have built scaffolding on top of it. More than likely they are repairing something inside the ceiling under the Astro Orbiter.
Why would you build scaffolding on top of the very thing you want to work on?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Which is silly, because as I've said before, it's not like they're selling something there you can't find in every other store at every resort and park and Disney Springs. Such a waste.
Isn't this the home for one of the custom MagicBand shops?

mgf

Apologies if this has been discussed, but is it possible the multi-color, programmable led lights installed on WEDWAY years back might finally be used in combination with the coming Tron canopy light shows?

Dragonman

That’s concerning. While I think the Astro Orbiter doesn’t necessarily have to go full Star Jets to work within the aesthetic they’re moving towards, the ride in its current state is still too distinctly TL’94 and shouldn’t go completely unaltered.

If they did I’d say remove the outer ring with the planets and the additional rings on the central spire, repaint and perhaps modify the spire and rockets a bit.
A5CA9DF5-BF3B-4B27-A72B-E06B72891778.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom