News Tomorrowland love

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Well this is random, but Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet just randomly showed up at Tommorowland recently.

Can we just reflect on this for a moment. What an interesting addition to Tomorowland. One has to wonder "why?" Not that I'm complaining. Treasure Planet was a great movie and I've long theorized that the IP could fit in Tomorrowland; just never thought it'd happen again. Character training? Millennial nostalgia? Testing IP for future attraction consideration?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can we just reflect on this for a moment. What an interesting addition to Tommorowland. One has to wonder "why?" Not that I'm complaining. Treasure Planet was a great movie and I've long theorized that the IP could fit in Tomorrowland; just never thought it'd happen again. Character training? Milennial nostalgia? Testing IP for future attraction consideration for Tomorrowland?

My theory is that for the 50th, they're going to get every possible character M&G possible into the parks. And this is part of honing the process.

Or, a CM lost a bet.

Animaniac93-98

Can we just reflect on this for a moment. What an interesting addition to Tommorowland. One has to wonder "why?" Not that I'm complaining. Treasure Planet was a great movie and I've long theorized that the IP could fit in Tomorrowland; just never thought it'd happen again. Character training? Milennial nostalgia? Testing IP for future attraction consideration?

The site suspected it might be for some special event (that you can't buy a ticket for), or it was just CM training.

Sometimes they'll give new CMs random roles to play just to get on-the-job training. They'll pick a location and say you'll play this character just to practice guest interaction, role-playing, etc. Jim Hawkins is an obscure enough character not to risk big crowds if he just wanders Tomorrowland.

MadTeacup

The site suspected it might be for some special event (that you can't buy a ticket for), or it was just CM training.

Sometimes they'll give new CMs random roles to play just to get on-the-job training. They'll pick a location and say you'll play this character just to practice guest interaction, role-playing, etc. Jim Hawkins is an obscure enough character not to risk big crowds if he just wanders Tomorrowland.
They don't give entertainement CM's "random" face characters to play. Face character training is very specialized, requiring 3-4 days of training for each individual character. You're thinking more along the lines of our furry friends who almost exclusively debut at EPCOT and don't require individualized training per character. If Jim Hawkins is out, you can bet that it's definitely related to an upcoming special event. *hint* It's related to an upcoming special event.

wdrive

Where on Earth have you got that from?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They don't give entertainement CM's "random" face characters to play. Face character training is very specialized, requiring 3-4 days of training for each individual character. You're thinking more along the lines of our furry friends who almost exclusively debut at EPCOT and don't require individualized training per character. If Jim Hawkins is out, you can bet that it's definitely related to an upcoming special event. *hint* It's related to an upcoming special event.

Treasure Planet Dance Party?

Treasure Planet attraction taking over SGE?

Previews for the live action Treasure Planet movie?

Tomorrowland being themed to Pirates of the Caribbean 2320 AD?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Well this is random, but Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet just randomly showed up at Tommorowland recently.
Now they just need John Silver. THAT would be a cool M&G!
Now if I could just get all of the Atlantis characters to show up outside of Seas with Nemo, I'd be happy.
Princess Kida, amirite!? 😍 😄

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom