News Tomorrowland love

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I like the sign and starting to notice how some of the existing theming is starting to feel out of place with the new styling they're going for....will be interested to see whenever this is finalized.

Dizknee_Phreek

So...is the new sign done? It looks ok in the daylight...but it seems at dusk/dark it's missing something. It needs some lights to make the "Tomorrowland" on top pop at night.

trainplane3

Looks great, and excited to see how it all looks once the rest of the steampunk is gone and made simple and white. Any plans to redo the big yellow tower? I assume so.
Last year @marni1971 said the plan was to paint it blue/cyan. Could've changed though.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the fins above the old SGE Fastpass machines were partly removed. Same for the dome on legs outside TLF. The AE teleport tower could remain. Minus the yellow of course.
An overall more smooth, retro future look. Cyan is the new yellow.
Here's that tower Martin mentions in his hints but everyone gets confused what he's talking about.
This is apparently going to be blue/cyan one day (the yellow part).
View attachment 321089
Also, taken on a Pixel 3 for that extra crispiness.
Edit: Nevermind. Forum killed the quality.
For reference it’s the XS Tech (or AE) teleport tower.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Seems a bit of a callback to the film.
A8ED25CB-AEE6-4204-8C51-1594414A6959.jpeg

Looks nice, I think.

rkleinlein

I think the two Eiffel Tower style bases look old fashioned and out of place with the clean, Eero Saarinen inspired design of the sign. Although I don't love it, I think it's a definite improvement on what was there before. Now I hope all the other cartooney junk slapped onto the buildings will come off too.

jt04

I think the two Eiffel Tower style bases look old fashioned and out of place with the clean, Eero Saarinen inspired design of the sign. Although I don't love it, I think it's a definite improvement on what was there before. Now I hope all the other cartooney junk slapped onto the buildings will come off too.

You are late to the party on that last point. The changes have been underway for quite some time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom