News Tomorrowland love

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Here are a couple of shots taken last week of the newly repainted Speedway loading area. VRmQ28vZTJ2Kst6GgKN4hw.jpg%5LVbUkSRnWJv5sH8lV0hw.jpg

KikoKea

I was so hoping they would take Speedway out and put something better in there. But, they can't even decide what to do with Stitch's space, much less come up with something new and greater.

BTW, DH was asking me about the Tron coaster- is it going to be slow and tame like Slinky and short like 7DMT? Any chance it will be a will be a coaster to rival Uni, etc?

Kman101

I was so hoping they would take Speedway out and put something better in there. But, they can't even decide what to do with Stitch's space, much less come up with something new and greater.

BTW, DH was asking me about the Tron coaster- is it going to be slow and tame like Slinky and short like 7DMT? Any chance it will be a will be a coaster to rival Uni, etc?

Slinky Dog is slow and tame? That sucker moves FAST (so much faster than I ever expected!) ... tame, probably, but for me as not a big "let's go ride Hulk" person, it's thrilling enough for me :joyfull::joyfull: Slinky Dog is hardly a lame kid coaster, IMHO ... Barnstormer and Mine Train it is NOT, again, IMHO :)

Kman101

Thanks. We watched it. Slinky with lights and projections. :confused: I like the lighting effects, so at least there's that.

At least it has an indoor portion, LOL. It doesn't seem much different than Slinky. At least the parks have varying degrees of coasters to pick from ... I do think they run a tad short, but it's not like I want a 5 minute coaster experience (though Mine Train should have been longer with more show scenes ...)

Polite

At least it has an indoor portion, LOL. It doesn't seem much different than Slinky. At least the parks have varying degrees of coasters to pick from ... I do think they run a tad short, but it's not like I want a 5 minute coaster experience (though Mine Train should have been longer with more show scenes ...)
Odd, I thought Slinky was a pretty lengthy ride, in terms of a coaster; however, The Barnstormer, Mine Train, and Rock 'N' Roller feel on the shorter end.

Kman101

Odd, I thought Slinky was a pretty lengthy ride, in terms of a coaster; however, The Barnstormer, Mine Train, and Rock 'N' Roller feel on the shorter end.

True I guess. I think Slinky is long enough, personally, but I feel like others have griped about the length, but I could be wrong. Mine Train is way too short. I always hear someone say "that's it?". And not that I ride it a lot but every time I can I hear that. Meanwhile, folks seem to really enjoy Slinky. It's a super fun coaster. I'd like more scenes around the track like in Andy's drawing, but at the same time, I can see why they probably found them easy to cut because you can't really enjoy a lot as it moves so fast. I'm good with Barnstormer's length because that's truly meant to be a kiddie coaster (yet so many wanted to insist Slinky was a "kiddie coaster" ... I assure everyone, it is NOT Barnstormer, lol).

Polite

True I guess. I think Slinky is long enough, personally, but I feel like others have griped about the length, but I could be wrong. Mine Train is way too short. I always hear someone say "that's it?". And not that I ride it a lot but every time I can I hear that. Meanwhile, folks seem to really enjoy Slinky. It's a super fun coaster. I'd like more scenes around the track like in Andy's drawing, but at the same time, I can see why they probably found them easy to cut because you can't really enjoy a lot as it moves so fast. I'm good with Barnstormer's length because that's truly meant to be a kiddie coaster (yet so many wanted to insist Slinky was a "kiddie coaster" ... I assure everyone, it is NOT Barnstormer, lol).
Absolutely agree about The Barnstormer, it serves its purpose well. I'm very much looking forward to Tron and it seems like it's going to be a solid, lengthy coaster and fun as well.

KikoKea

Yes, there are choices, but it seems the newer coasters are still tame. A few years ago, we took our elderly moms to WDW. My mom (87 at the time) saw the 7DMT and declared she was going to ride it. I pushed her wheelchair through the line for an hour. At the end of the ride, she said it was fun but too short. She would love Slinky. My motherinlaw (aged 89 at the time) liked Barnstormer just fine.

Slinky is a nice length and does have some speed, but I was hoping Tron would be more like Cali Screaming/Incredicoaster in it's length, drops, and loop. More thrills, I guess is what I mean.

Polite

Yes, there are choices, but it seems the newer coasters are still tame. A few years ago, we took our elderly moms to WDW. My mom (87 at the time) saw the 7DMT and declared she was going to ride it. I pushed her wheelchair through the line for an hour. At the end of the ride, she said it was fun but too short. She would love Slinky. My motherinlaw (aged 89 at the time) liked Barnstormer just fine.

Slinky is a nice length and does have some speed, but I was hoping Tron would be more like Cali Screaming/Incredicoaster in it's length, drops, and loop. More thrills, I guess is what I mean.
Aside from Rock 'N' Roller and the Incredicoaster over at California Adventure (Which I would still describe both as fairly tame), Disney's coasters seem to continue to focus on family, friendly rides. With that said, still looking forward to the new additions!

Kman101

Ahhh, I gotcha now on the thrill aspect of it. Would have been nice I guess. RnRc could certainly be made more thrilling I guess. It's fun but I guess tame when compared to other coasters. As someone not a fan of heights, Slinky and Tron are about as thrilling as I go so I'm good with them :hilarious: I think many on here would agree though they wish TRON had a bit more going for it. It looks fun and I like the lighting and the indoor portion but I think guests may end up feeling let down (like with Mine Train). But who knows?

KikoKea

Ahhh, I gotcha now on the thrill aspect of it. Would have been nice I guess. RnRc could certainly be made more thrilling I guess. It's fun but I guess tame when compared to other coasters. As someone not a fan of heights, Slinky and Tron are about as thrilling as I go so I'm good with them :hilarious: I think many on here would agree though they wish TRON had a bit more going for it. It looks fun and I like the lighting and the indoor portion but I think guests may end up feeling let down (like with Mine Train). But who knows?
Yeah, the lighting looks awesome, particularly if they can carry the blue theme over to the rest of TL. Like @Polite said, it'll be good to have a new addition to the area.

disnyfan89

Thanks. We watched it. Slinky with lights and projections. :confused: I like the lighting effects, so at least there's that.
I think you'll find the thrill level to be more on par with RnRC or the Mummy at Universal. The launch at the beginning of Tron is 60 mph. Plus Tron features a unique restraint that has you leaning forward like on a motorcycle which adds to the thrill factor as you feel much more exposed than in a traditional sit down coaster.

Kman101

Yeah, the lighting looks awesome, particularly if they can carry the blue theme over to the rest of TL. Like @Polite said, it'll be good to have a new addition to the area.

It really will. And at least it's actually an expansion and using an unused plot of land. For a change. LOL. I still hope to live to see the day we can walk past that gate at Pirates and walk into an Adventureland expansion ...

KikoKea

I think you'll find the thrill level to be more on par with RnRC or the Mummy at Universal. The launch at the beginning of Tron is 60 mph. Plus Tron features a unique restraint that has you leaning forward like on a motorcycle which adds to the thrill factor as you feel much more exposed than in a traditional sit down coaster.
Sounds cool! We love the RNRC launch.😁 My hopes have risen!

trainplane3

Wasn't aware of this one, good to know! We are planning on a trip over there this year, can't wait!
Literally a half hour ago my parents asked if I still wanted to go to DLP as a family trip next year. I'm hopeful but doubting DLP's SM will be reverted back to From the Earth to the Moon by then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom