News Tomorrowland love

180º

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Some views of the new paint in TL as of today:

Gotta say as much of a mish-mash it is right now, the bright colors look nice. Just gotta fix up the area by the hub to make it all the same theme (you know, less "alien").

Not for the first time I’m really noticing how much these colours compliment the planets of Astro Orbiter in the near background.

sedati

I'm sorry, I've lost all sight of what passes for wonderful vs deplorable on this site. This looks like a backstage area that was spruced up, not a themed land. It also looks one step removed from the much maligned Guardians box. Should that just be slapped with some color swatches and greeblies?
I am nostalgic for old Tomorrowland, but that's what pictures and memories are for. The standard has been raised, and this is a step backward in my opinion. I'm hoping this is just a temporary band-aid to get through the 50th while they formulate a proper themed land.

Animaniac93-98

Tron was designed specifically to fit in Tomorrowland at SDL. Not the WDW Tomorrowland of 2010, 1994 or 1975.

Instead of trying to make the rest of Tomorrowland fit Tron, maybe Tron should have had its exterior changed to fit Tomorrowland?

I'm not against changing colours or going retro, but this seems like an overly complicated way to fix a problem.

GladToBeHear

Same here. I was expecting it to be all white and blue like you hinted towards. Obviously something changed at some point. I'm just hoping they aren't forgetting the "main" entrance to the land. And some overall signage tweaks.
Same. I was expecting more white with blues. Clean and more minimalist. The more I look at the original design for Tomorrowland -- the more I realize they got it right the first time. This won't age well. IMHO.

WDWTank

Tron was designed specifically to fit in Tomorrowland at SDL. Not the WDW Tomorrowland of 2010, 1994 or 1975.

Instead of trying to make the rest of Tomorrowland fit Tron, maybe Tron should have had its exterior changed to fit Tomorrowland?

I'm not against changing colours or going retro, but this seems like an overly complicated way to fix a problem.
That’s what should’ve happened. I agree. Then WDW gets a unique facade for TRON and it transitions better. :)

WDWTank

Some views of the new paint in TL as of today:

Gotta say as much of a mish-mash it is right now, the bright colors look nice. Just gotta fix up the area by the hub to make it all the same theme (you know, less "alien").

Looks like IKEA... Doesn’t look like Tomorrowland in my opinion...
Once again, should’ve stayed with the retro sci-fi/steampunk look. It’s timeless. This is not timeless.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Same. I was expecting more white with blues. Clean and more minimalist. The more I look at the original design for Tomorrowland -- the more I realize they got it right the first time. This won't age well. IMHO.
It is, however, only paint.

As quickly as it went creamsicle orange overnight, it can just as quickly go back to white.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
A lazy fix to which you offer a lazier solution. What the land needs can't be done quickly. Can this land even be called themed anymore, or has it been reduced to simple aesthetic?
I’ve not seen it with my own eyes yet, but I don’t hate it. I’m already on record as saying that to me, it blends very well with the vibrant colours of the AO planets.

I was hoping for white and blue. That doesn’t seem to be the direction in which they’re headed. As such, I’m willing to wait and see what this looks like when it’s done.

T.Will

A lazy fix to which you offer a lazier solution. What the land needs can't be done quickly. Can this land even be called themed anymore, or has it been reduced to simple aesthetic?
I think your comment is a bit dismissive. I agree the land needs more than paint, but don't call a repaint "a lazier solution" when it's simple to put on and simple to remove.

Personally, I'll wait and see the finished product (if they can get there).

azox

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if they did the PeopleMover ceiling in yellow again.

Heading WDW soon and am anxious to see this in person. I really liked what they did with COP and how they painted the area below the astro orbiter so hopefully this will all blend too. I am just wondering if there are any plans for these colors to invade space mountain. (I like it as it is so I am hoping it doesn't)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom