News Tomorrowland love

THE Monorail Lime

Oh yeah, I forgot that existed. It would be a great fit because it obviously works in Tokyo, which is very similar to Magic Kingdom's original Tomorrowland, and it also would be a nod to an entire generation of fans that enjoy the current loop. Arguably the current loop is one of the best currently on property, so it would be a shame for it to change completely.
I love the Tomorrowland music loop, in fact I’m using it to study for exams. LOL

TwilightZone

Last edited:

sedati

As @marni1971 stated in the past, expect TL to look like this again.
View attachment 332947
I have many fond memories spent in that Tomorrowland, but please no.
I'd just as well make Fantasyland look like this again:
1544837227387.png

And to those thinking, "Um, yeah!" let me just say your lens of nostalgia is so thick that it's apparently opaque.

I'll wait and see what we actually end up with, but sterile, sleek and clean isn't a theme (though it could certainly be an aspect of one.) Without the spires it's really just a nice plaza.
I've said it multiple times now, but Tomorrowland's biggest problem is it's never treated like an actual land. Instead it's always more of a design aesthetic. The 90's redo was a step in the right direction, but never seemed fully thought out (or even completed) and sat as more a simple redress.
Where are we?
When are we?
What's the history of this place?
Who lives or works here?
Storytelling, theme, character, and craftsmanship. Give me the Disney difference. Missteps have certainly been made, but steps backward are worse- it's not learning from your mistakes, it's giving up.

TwilightZone

View attachment 333302
And to those thinking, "Um, yeah!" let me just say your lens of nostalgia is so thick that it's apparently opaque.

I'll wait and see what we actually end up with, but sterile, sleek and clean isn't a theme (though it could certainly be an aspect of one.) Without the spires it's really just a nice plaza.
I've said it multiple times now, but Tomorrowland's biggest problem is it's never treated like an actual land. Instead it's always more of a design aesthetic. The 90's redo was a step in the right direction, but never seemed fully thought out (or even completed) and sat as more a simple redress.
Where are we?
When are we?
Who lives or works here?
Storytelling, theme, character, and craftsmanship. Give me the Disney difference. Missteps have certainly been made, but steps backward are worse- it's not learning from your mistakes, it's giving up.
90's tomorrowland is the best storytelling a land ever had until maybe galaxy's edge.
But I'd rather have it back to the clean look. As much as I love the 90's look, it hasn't aged well, these days with apple stores and all that, that clean white 70s look is much more accurate to what the future might look like.
Plus if it does migrate over to disneyland that means no more entrance blockage! Maybe. Let's hope so.

Mike S

View attachment 333302

Where are we?
When are we?
Who lives or works here?
Old Fantasyland does still look like that. The only facade that was changed from that look was Pooh.

trainplane3

Didn’t you know the new future is white and blue again?

You’ll still have your Astro Orbiter.

It won’t be a direct take on 1971 - even minus the monoliths - but will more than a passing nod to it. If the budget holds with some plussing too.
Speaking of AO, is it going to get a repaint or a slight retheme? While it won't stick out much in the sea of white and blue I feel it might clash a bit.

janoimagine

Didn’t you know the new future is white and blue again?

You’ll still have your Astro Orbiter.

It won’t be a direct take on 1971 - even minus the monoliths - but will more than a passing nod to it. If the budget holds with some plussing too.
Any chance we will see the waterfall spires return? They were one of the best details of the Eero Saarinen version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom