Tom Sawyer Island

Walt Disney1955

I love Tom Sawyer's Island. In Disneyland it is just as good I think, with the Pirate theme.

But it takes you back to a simpler time. The tunnels are worth checking out. The bridges and such. We always check it out when the other rides get busy. I am never there for less than 20 minutes, that's for sure. Very relaxing over there if you want it to be.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Aug 13. New boards on railings/fence around Aunt Polly's refreshments building and pier/dock area on Tom Sawyer Island. Probably will be stained/painted brown soon.

IMG_5944.JPG

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Never understood why TSI was so popular on these threads... Everyone outside of these threads, including myself, simply think there's just nothing to do over there. It's just kind of .. There. Maybe if there was like a show or something over there it'd be worth while in my opinion.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Never understood why TSI was so popular on these threads... Everyone outside of these threads, including myself, simply think there's just nothing to do over there. It's just kind of .. There. Maybe if there was like a show or something over there it'd be worth while in my opinion.
TSI is not like an attraction where the fun is just shoved in your face. The fun is rooting around and finding all the cool nooks and crannies that are all over the island. It is also a great place where you can pull up a chair and do absolutely nothing.

It is not everyone's cup of tea, but my family has always enjoyed our time there.

Nick Wilde

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Those who don't go to look, or those who ignore guide maps, don't deserve to experience it. It so relaxing and almost removed from a theme park.

Go and get a FP+ for Space Mountain instead.

The Empress Lilly

Photo update as of Thursday, Aug 13. New boards on railings/fence around Aunt Polly's refreshments building and pier/dock area on Tom Sawyer Island. Probably will be stained/painted brown soon.

View attachment 105676
Thanks for the pic!

Wrong railing again! It should not be a fence, but a railing. All this wood closes the space off, makes it feel too man-made, too suburban rather than frontier.

Kids can fall in the water anywhere along the RoA. No need for a hysteric Berlin Wall fence around Polly's boardwalk.

Things-I-Miss-009.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Well they can start by re-opening the restaurant and bringing the boats back on the river. so you can sit, eat, drink and look at stuff.

ChesterKiwi

I got back from Disney a couple of weeks ago. In the chaotic frenzy to get to Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, and the other attractions before afternoon waits mounted, a few tensions rose between our guest (who walks at a MUCH slower pace than my family) and my mother. Against everyone's insistence, I hauled everyone aboard the rafts and we went over to Tom Sawyer Island. It was so refreshing. My father, not quite the type to get all silly, was in hysterics as we crossed over the barrel bridge. The perfect climate of the caves made for such an authentic experience that my brother, who's in high school, was pretty genuinely creeped out in there. The slowpoke even got to sit in the chairs and watch the Liberty Belle pass by in peace. Needless to say, it was a good break.

Tom Sawyer Island is such a great escape from the bottlenecked paths, the long lines, and the screaming children who want a churro but dad won't buy it. :p

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well they can start by re-opening the restaurant and bringing the boats back on the river. so you can sit, eat, drink and look at stuff.

I feel like if the restaurant was open and there was more to look at on the river like there used to be, I would definitely love to take the time to go over there. It would be a really nice atmosphere for lunch... But it doesn't have that, so I just never cared for what TSI has currently.

copcarguyp71

I wonder (theorizing of course) if anyone has ever hidden out and overnighted on the island...I mean how could they possibly sweep the entire island for stragglers? Not that I would condone such a thing mind you...;)

ChesterKiwi

I wonder (theorizing of course) if anyone has ever hidden out and overnighted on the island...I mean how could they possibly sweep the entire island for stragglers? Not that I would condone such a thing mind you...;)
Some people tried in Disneyland and drowned in the ROA iirc. They realized there was nothing to do on the island and tried to swim across the water. I mean, it's not the same, but it kinda relates, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom