Tom Cruise at the Magic Kingdom

George Lucas on a Bench

I have a photo of them at the resort:

994ITV_Tom_Cruise_048_large.jpg

Uncle Lupe

Well, you're wrong on all this.

Last summer I was visiting my son in Chicago and waiting for him to get out of work. I stayed at the Marriott on Michigan Avenue and across the street was another hotel (a fancy one whose name I don't remember) and Giada De Laurentis from Food Network had come out and was walking just a few feet to where the car for her was waiting. She was MOBBED in under a minute, with people screaming and clawing at her to try to touch her. Traffic on the street stopped as people stared at what was happening and foot traffic ground to a halt as people stood around to gawk.

I hardly think Giada is an "A-List star". If that can happen to her, that quickly, on a Chicago street then I cringe to think what could happen in a theme park with hundreds of people around and a small space like that's in a line. By the time security got to the hubbub, there'd be injuries in that crush of people.

Have you watched her show? She is a cooking genius.

http://theleftshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/giada-de-laurentiis-giada-cleavage-breast-tits--chef-fo-demotivational-poster-1276114261.jpg

I had that resized smaller.

Patricia Melton

Have you watched her show? She is a cooking genius.

http://theleftshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/giada-de-laurentiis-giada-cleavage-breast-tits--chef-fo-demotivational-poster-1276114261.jpg

I had that resized smaller.

Uncle Lupe --

Oh, I love Giada. I think she's even better on Next Food Network Star than she is on her own shows. She's very charming and fun to watch.

But my point is that she is not a giant movie star like Tom Cruise or a big singer or anything...she's the host of cooking shows on Food Network, and yet her appearance in public on a major street in Chicago ground a whole intersection to a screeching halt and caused a commotion.

If she can do that, just imagine what the big movie stars can do to whip crowds into frenzies.

puntagordabob

I'd like to meet the guy. And it's great that he could have fun with his daughter at the MK.

I'm confused as to why people hate on him yet many people here were excited that Gaga was at the MK. She wears meat as clothing, gets carried to the stage in an egg and she's ok. However, if a guy jumps on a couch screaming about love then he's weird.......
Wow how often does this happen? I axtually totally agree with you on this! :)

Kramerica

My BIL works Pooh/Teacups and met him today. He didn't text me any details, just that he came through with his daughter. Over the spring he worked Everest and he met Cesar Millan, who turned out to be a pompous jerk.

This makes me sad. I've always loved the dog whisperer.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I would never mob anyone!!! Who cares who they are!!! Fair is fair!!! Stand in line and wait!! I think people vacationing at Disney have enough sense to just look and leave alone!!! Or at least they should!!! The celeb is no better than I am!!

Anyone.. including you.. can have the VIP treatment if you pay the mouse their money.

It's kind of sad, though, having your own Jungle Cruise boat. To me, part of the experience in Disney is sharing it with... well... everyone around you (at times... at other times I pretty much want to punch everyone around me!!). ;-) But being on a boat with just you, your kid, and the skipper who's got to do all the schmaltzy jokes is kind of depressing IMHO.

Disneytwinmom

There are zilions of posts on every WDW message board complaining about rude, entitled guests who demand this or that or get stuff by complaining themselves. SInce WDW guests are so awful, why should they be able to contain themselves enough to not mob a celebrity at the parks? Just be thankful they didn't shut down the park for them. If it were a celebrity that people had more respect for, then no one would be complaining and this thread wouldn't be going on and on.

bhg469

Yes, exactly. Then he shouldn't do it and live a normal life. Instead he chooses to do that for money!! You will not change my mind and I won't change yours. Lets leave it at that.
Why leave it at that? Because your point is not making sense to anyone with sensibility? People aren't arguing that he deserves special treatment. Everyone who doesn't want their vacations disturbed, benefit from his VIP treatment as much as him. I don't want to have any chance of navigating a mob of fans so I can get around. Please by all means let him through all the VIP entrances all day long. I would rather no one know he was there.

As far as the, this is the life he chooses is concerned. You're right he did but there is a difference between being mobbed on a street in LA and being surrounded on private property. Disney can do whatever they want to maintain a normal day. If he was in NYC and got his own private subway car it would be a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom