Tollhouse Icecream Sandwich coming back?!

TinkerBell9988

That's okay. You'll need those 470 calories as you're walking around in a near capacity crowd at the Magic Kingdom at four o' clock in the afternoon under the scorching sun in 92 degree heat with about 70% humidity. ;)

My! How fun it is to be at Disney in the summer! :lol:

:lol: Tell me about it! I live 2 and a half hours south of WDW... so its nice and hot here in Ft. Lauderdale every day in the summer.

Glad to hear WDW is taking a step in the right direction trying to make some of their foods healthier. :D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
No sign of them at WDW yet from people in the parks today who were looking out for them for me.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
No sign of them at WDW yet from people in the parks today who were looking out for them for me.

I like to think WDW didn't just get the cheese while DLR got the ice cream sandwiches as if this was some bizarre high-fat food custody battle.

But who knows? Folks are awaiting the return of cheese fries on the other coast as we speak.

Rob562

Because they're not available everywhere like the NTHICCS's are.

True, but the hand-made ones are available in every park except the Studios (the last I checked). You can get them in two places in the MK, at the new Fountainview at Epcot and at the ice cream window outside Restaurantosaurus in AK.

But I think that Sleepy Hollow makes the best, especially into the evening because they make smaller batches of cookies throughout the day as necessary. I've actually had to go and come back later because they were waiting for the cookies to cool enough. I got one at the Main Street Bakery late in the evening and the cookie was hard and crunchy, not soft and chewy. I assume Main Street bakes a days' worth of cookies all at once earlier in the day.

I can safely say that getting one of those with a snack credit is what I'm most looking forward to on the free dining plan in September. :)

-Rob

cymbaldiva

We had the bad experience of the wheat buns at Caseys in Dec. Got back a couple of weeks ago from our April trip, and didn't even try Caseys...but the buns at Pecos Bills were indeed still wheat. Fell apart. Bad.

They were not delicious, and they had the same buns at Pop last month too =(

The whole wheat ones they use at Pecos Bills are pretty blah.

See, that's what I was worried about :( ... sounds like another grand tradition of mine shot down the tube...

bhg469

True, but the hand-made ones are available in every park except the Studios (the last I checked). You can get them in two places in the MK, at the new Fountainview at Epcot and at the ice cream window outside Restaurantosaurus in AK.

But I think that Sleepy Hollow makes the best, especially into the evening because they make smaller batches of cookies throughout the day as necessary. I've actually had to go and come back later because they were waiting for the cookies to cool enough. I got one at the Main Street Bakery late in the evening and the cookie was hard and crunchy, not soft and chewy. I assume Main Street bakes a days' worth of cookies all at once earlier in the day.

I can safely say that getting one of those with a snack credit is what I'm most looking forward to on the free dining plan in September. :)

-Rob

I know they are at port orleans FQ as well. Do they all let you pic your ice cream flavor and cookie type too? That was the absolute best part.

wdwfan4eva

Agreed, the Sleepy Hollow/MS Bakery ice cream sandwiches are perhaps the best treat this side of a dole whip... But in a pinch (or at another park) they are a semi-reasonable solution. And more choices are never a bad thing.

Wow, I didn't think they still offered the fresh cookie ice cream sandwiches anymore!! Definitely getting one on my next two trips! :sohappy:

Rob562

I know they are at port orleans FQ as well. Do they all let you pic your ice cream flavor and cookie type too? That was the absolute best part.

I believe it depends on the location. I know that the one in Dinoland has a choice of three different cookies (choc chip, oatmeal raisin and sugar). Main Street probably has a choice, but I think Sleepy Hollow is chocolate-chip only. Don't know about Fountainview.
As for ice cream selection, I think both MK locations are vanilla-only. Fountainview has lots of different ice cream flavors. Don't know about ice cream selection in Dinoland.

Wow, I didn't think they still offered the fresh cookie ice cream sandwiches anymore!! Definitely getting one on my next two trips!

And they're GOOOOOODDD. :)

-Rob

coasterphil

I believe it depends on the location. I know that the one in Dinoland has a choice of three different cookies (choc chip, oatmeal raisin and sugar). Main Street probably has a choice, but I think Sleepy Hollow is chocolate-chip only. Don't know about Fountainview.
As for ice cream selection, I think both MK locations are vanilla-only. Fountainview has lots of different ice cream flavors. Don't know about ice cream selection in Dinoland.

-Rob
Fountainview was Chocolate Chip only when I had one there last week, and like you said you can choose one of several flavors.

bhg469

Fountainview was Chocolate Chip only when I had one there last week, and like you said you can choose one of several flavors.

POFQ definitely lets you choose the ice cream and cookie so add that to the list of places that i should never go but have to every visit.

brucie

As the aforementioned brother I am ecstatic that the Ice cream sandwiches are back they are my favorite snack in the world! I can't wait for my trip in Sept!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom