Toll free wdwdine number

DisneyMissy

Original Poster
I had a toll free number to call in for reservations the last time I went and now I can't find it. :cry: Does anyone have this number?

Thanks.

disneybonbon

I know of two toll free numbers, they're general numbers (not directly to dining), but I believe there's a dining option you can choose.
(800) 828-0228
(877) 939-3732

DisneyMissy

Original Poster
Yes, they do have one at least they did. I got it from another website and can't remember where. I found it before my last trip and now I misplaced it. I will try the numbers above, thanks. In the meantime if I find the number I had I will post it.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The public numbers are not toll-free for a reason.

Please do not post toll-free numbers.

Also: Please do not post numbers directly to WDW resorts, locations on property, or staff within WDW. If you have a reason to have these numbers, good for you - 99% of the people who read the internet and will call these numbers have NO GOOD REASON to be calling them.

Most of the toll-free reservations numbers are for travel agents - and are handled by people specificly trained to work with travel agents. Call the number and they can, and will, hang up on you.

MickeyTigg

mousermerf said:
Please do not post numbers directly to WDW resorts...

All resort numbers are available in almost every guidebook and in fact the front desk numbers to every WDW resort are listed on this site. People should feel free to call those numbers if they have business to do with any of those resorts.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Those numbers are actually switchboards. Not the resorts. Friendly folks trained to answer "Thanks for calling XXXX" and then re-route you to reservations 99% of the time.

DisneyPhD

mousermerf said:

Also: Please do not post numbers directly to WDW resorts, locations on property, or staff within WDW. If you have a reason to have these numbers, good for you - 99% of the people who read the internet and will call these numbers have NO GOOD REASON to be calling them.

Most of the toll-free reservations numbers are for travel agents - and are handled by people specificly trained to work with travel agents. Call the number and they can, and will, hang up on you.

I don't see why not post toll free numbers. That just seems to me that you want WDW to make more money of the readly avilable toll numbers.

I normally call DVC member services and do my ADR's from them so I don't know a toll free number for that, but I don't see why info shouldn't be shared. I also don't see why the resort numbers shouldn't be shared, as TiggerRPh said they can be found in guide books. I has been a few years but I gave my mother the resorts number and she was able to reach us fine with it. It was the same there as the one listed in the guide book (can't remember which one.)

It is a major pet peve of mine that WDW does not have readly avilable toll free numbers almost every other place does. :lookaroun

mousermerf

Account Suspended
WDW does not use them for a reason.

There is so much about how WDW works that people don't understand, misconstrue, and often is just beyond them - this is one of things i wish people would leave well enough alone.

Disney doesn't make any money off a toll number. That's the phone company.

Everytime how things behind the smoke and mirrors work are explained - oh no, someone has an "exception!" Well, no, you're not special. Dial the bloddy number you're supposed to for the information you want or need. If you cant afford the long distance then don't goto WDW.

The number for the resort is given on a confirmation and says quite clearly "do not call prior to arrival."

DisneyPhD

mousermerf said:
WDW does not use them for a reason.

There is so much about how WDW works that people don't understand, misconstrue, and often is just beyond them - this is one of things i wish people would leave well enough alone.

Disney doesn't make any money off a toll number. That's the phone company.

Everytime how things behind the smoke and mirrors work are explained - oh no, someone has an "exception!" Well, no, you're not special. Dial the bloddy number you're supposed to for the information you want or need. If you cant afford the long distance then don't goto WDW.

The number for the resort is given on a confirmation and says quite clearly "do not call prior to arrival."

That was the rudest post and answer. I hope you aren't a cast member.

I know they don't make money off a toll number, but their not losing money by having a non 1800 number. It would only be good bussiness to have toll free numbers for customers.

BTW here is the 800 number I have for WDW. Try it and see if you can geting ADR there too.

1800-828-0228
1877-939-3732

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
mousermerf said:

Then by your logic 99% of the people with phone books have no reason to use them.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Merf provides more good information than most everyone on this site.

And he's right. Show me where you can find those numbers listed on any official Disney source. Call on your cell phone. Get Vonage. If you are still paying for long distance, thats your fault, not Disney's.

Disney can request that those numbers be removed from the site at any time. They have done so for pictures and such in the past.

DisneyPhD

Thrawn said:
Merf provides more good information than most everyone on this site.

And he's right. Show me where you can find those numbers listed on any official Disney source. Call on your cell phone. Get Vonage. If you are still paying for long distance, thats your fault, not Disney's.

Disney can request that those numbers be removed from the site at any time. They have done so for pictures and such in the past.

I did a search. 5 out of his most recent posts he called people idoits or was down right rude. Maybe good info in the past, but not today. He also said he was leaving like Grizz and if this evening is representive of him then I say sounds like a good plan.

Oh and whoever is peeing in his cherrios should stop! :lookaroun :lol:

Oh and BTW my cell phone has terrible reception in my own house so I wouldn't want to call on that and be cut off. As I said I don't normally call WDW because I use DVC MS, and they have 800 number. However I am not everyone.

Captain Hank

There is one legitimate way to gain access to a toll-free WDW planning number. Purchase your park admission at a Disney Store. The reciept that prints out has a special 1-800 number on it that can be used for ADR's, resorts, etc. I am not authorized to post this number, however, and I do believe they ask for a ticket number.

Yoop33

I understand the reasoning completley. Like Thrawn said it is about time everyone gets free long distance.
By the way, I have only come upon a couple toll free numbers myself.... acctually let me look through my cell phone...brb
The only Toll Free number I can come upon right now is for DVC Members. But then again mentioned priviously this is a special number.

MickeyTigg

mousermerf said:
Those numbers are actually switchboards. Not the resorts. Friendly folks trained to answer "Thanks for calling XXXX" and then re-route you to reservations 99% of the time.

They are the individual resort switchboards.

Tom

Beta Return
Back when the Disney Club existed, and I was a proud member of it, they had an 800 number for Club Members to use. As soon as you called, they asked for your DC Account Number - and if you didn't have it, they politely told you to find it and call back, or try 407-WDISNEY.

Merf mentioned a few times that there is a good reason that WDW does not have toll-free numbers for the general public - and he's right. However, since not everyone understands what that reason is, I'll help.

I don't know the numbers, but we can ALL imagine how many calls WDW reservations, dining, tours and other Guest Service departments get each day.....LOTS! If you don't know how toll-free numbers work, and many people don't, it's like this: The phone company is NOT giving up free long distance, to anyone. If you're not paying the LD by calling the 407 area code, and are using an 800 number instead, then the owner of the 800 number is picking up that LD tab - in this case, WDW. Instead of sending you a bill for X-minutes for calling a 407 area code, the phone company sends WDW a bill for those minutes.

With this new knowledge, it should now be quite apparent why WDW doesn't publish 800 numbers for just anyone - they'd be paying THOUSANDS of dollars a day, just in Long Distance bills. They also know that people, even all of us, are going to call and book reservations anyway, even though they don't have an 800 number. I doubt there are any people who have NOT booked a Disney Vacation just because they didn't have an 800 number - and if anyone has, then they shouldn't be going to WDW anyway because they obviously can't afford it, if they can't afford the $3.00 it MIGHT cost to place that call to reservations.

They have the few 800 number for club members, but just know that they're recovering the costs of those numbers because it's built into the club memberships, DVC costs, etc. Plus, it's a perk to become a member of one of those clubs. They don't need to offer any more perks to regular guests because we'll book no matter what. It may seem like only a few bucks for a call, but multiply that by the hundred thousand calls they receive in a day, and that's WAY too much money - all of our prices would go up and then we'd complain about that too!

I hope that helps, without stepping on any toes. I'm not trying to make anyone feel stupid - just trying to enlighten those who don't understand why the 800 #s don't exist.

Cheers!

-tom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom