Tokyo Splash Retheme

Disney Analyst

I wasn't implying that just because Splash Mountain is popular over here doesn't mean it's not possible that it could be changed like it did in the United States. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it did end up going through, but I could imagine them picking a different theme. I believe that regardless Disney is going to keep trying to pressure OLC. Whether or not they'll give in, well, time will only tell.

That’s my question, does anyone know how it works? I have to assume Disney is the ultimate authority on their IP and its uses, and has licensing agreements with OLC? @marni1971 ??

Could something like Splash Mountain be under a contract that has to be renewed, and Disney could refuse to renew it, forcing them to redo the ride?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
That’s my question, does anyone know how it works? I have to assume Disney is the ultimate authority on their IP and its uses, and has licensing agreements with OLC? @marni1971 ??

Could something like Splash Mountain be under a contract that has to be renewed, and Disney could refuse to renew it, forcing them to redo the ride?
From what I can tell its a case of "WDI isn't giving OLC enough money to replace their Splash"

MagicHappens1971

I mentioned this a while back (in a different thread) and was responded to by many users….

Disney most likely could choose not to renew the license of the SotS IPs, but it would put strain on their relationship with OLC for no real reason.

Brer Oswald

I mentioned this a while back (in a different thread) and was responded to by many users….

Disney most likely could choose not to renew the license of the SotS IPs, but it would put strain on their relationship with OLC for no real reason.
Wonder how the movie being public domain over there factors into this. I guess they could claim that there’s a distinction between Splash Mountain and SotS, but that would more or less go against their reasoning for the change over here.

SweetDuffy101

IMG_1905.jpeg

Splash Mountain Just received an updated description 2 days ago.

Attachments

• IMG_1904.jpeg
    IMG_1904.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 35

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom