Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

brb1006

Then all Disney fans will have to travel to Tokyo at some point if they want to experience this ;)
Yeah, it's one of those attractions that you don't get to see at the other Disney Parks. At this point, I actually wish projection faces we're the future of AA's in the US parks.

brb1006

Finally found a good animated gif of the Belle AA.
1S0G95p.gif

SukaVayne33

It looks like the movie scene. Each gesture, movement... it's really awesome.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe WDI here in Orlando need to take a field trip and see whatever company doing these, and work from there. I watched the video over and over, and I am still like WHAT? Especially seeing the way Belle moves and the eyes open and closing. Looks like the movie jumped out of the screen. I really love the way the horse looks. WOW just WOW. I need to make a trip again to TDL after all is fnished.

jaxonp

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe WDI here in Orlando need to take a field trip and see whatever company doing these, and work from there. I watched the video over and over, and I am still like WHAT? Especially seeing the way Belle moves and the eyes open and closing. Looks like the movie jumped out of the screen. I really love the way the horse looks. WOW just WOW. I need to make a trip again to TDL after all is fnished.

It's all designed by the same folks in California that design everything else. Tokyo has the highest standards and is just not being run by accountants like the other 10 parks are around the world.

SukaVayne33

It's all designed by the same folks in California that design everything else. Tokyo has the highest standards and is just not being run by accountants like the other 10 parks are around the world.
Yeah I forgot about them all in Cali. & so true they put a lot more into their attractions. I really enjoyed the 2 times I got to go. Just wish they finally give some love to the parks over here. Hopefully with DL expansion they do it justice and not just bleh throw something together. Love TDL DISNEY SEAS, and seeing this can't wait to go over and hopefully DL gets some good love they need it so do we here in Orlando. If I was Head Honcho, the parks could have my bonus.

sedati

Haha no way. Olaf is impressive, but this is next level stuff.
You're not seeing her feet- I'm assuming they'll have her tracking though snow.
This is damn impressive, but I think what they did with Olaf was more impressive. Certainly we'll have to see this in full context to really judge, but I think there's a "grass is always greener on the other side" thing going on.
I see they aren't using the projected faces, and it seems fine here as her expressions and range are far subtler.

BrianLo

You're not seeing her feet- I'm assuming they'll have her tracking though snow.
This is damn impressive, but I think what they did with Olaf was more impressive. Certainly we'll have to see this in full context to really judge, but I think there's a "grass is always greener on the other side" thing going on.
I see they aren't using the projected faces, and it seems fine here as her expressions and range are far subtler.

Totally. Mater, the River Shaman and Ursula are all amazing in their own right.

As totally pumped I am for this attraction, SW:GE as a whole package will likely be more impressive.

But this attraction is from the Mystic Manor team, so it’s gonna be goooooood.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I wonder if this is the end of the projected face animatronics (Frozen/Seven Dwarfs) or if there still will be a place for these. I mean, i feel like people are acting like these BatB animatronics are some huge leap but it really just feels like a beautiful marriage of the already great body animation that they have for Frozen crossed with the realistic facial animation that they have for Navi River Journey. The projected faces worked well because it solved an issue of generating the difficult animatronics to appropriately animate a face, but River Journey proved as a great proof of concept that they had the technology to do just that.

Impressive? Yes. But I don't think it's fair to act like we haven't seen anything this good before. What might be the really impressive part of this attraction is the number of these crazy realistic animatronics that we see in a single attraction.

kevlightyear

I wonder if this is the end of the projected face animatronics (Frozen/Seven Dwarfs) or if there still will be a place for these. I mean, i feel like people are acting like these BatB animatronics are some huge leap but it really just feels like a beautiful marriage of the already great body animation that they have for Frozen crossed with the realistic facial animation that they have for Navi River Journey. The projected faces worked well because it solved an issue of generating the difficult animatronics to appropriately animate a face, but River Journey proved as a great proof of concept that they had the technology to do just that.

Impressive? Yes. But I don't think it's fair to act like we haven't seen anything this good before. What might be the really impressive part of this attraction is the number of these crazy realistic animatronics that we see in a single attraction.
Good points. The sheer number of high quality animatronics is really impressive here. The physical faces do make the frozen/dwarves figures look cheap in comparison, though.

SukaVayne33

With a budget of 250 billion yen, I wouldn't expect anything less from the TDS expansion.
Yeah and for the rest of the attractions, theme que lines and the whole new expansion area. This is hopefully gonna be a really good deal with their AA's and this ride, and I am excited for this, makes me want to change up and go to TDL when it is done for a few days instead of Singapore. It is amazing with the TDI can do, I could only imagine if something like this. Hoping this what UC can do with the new coaster (Harry Potter unannouced name). I can't wait to see the Fluffy AA. But yeah could you imagine if Belle got to walk with you to one of the story line scenes. I would melt.

Last edited:

SweetDuffy101

Yeah and for the rest of the attractions, theme que lines and the whole new expansion area. This is hopefully gonna be a really good deal with their AA's and this ride, and I am excited for this, makes me want to change up and go to TDL when it is done for a few days instead of Singapore. It is amazing with the TDI can do, I could only imagine if something like this. Hoping this what UC can do with the new coaster (Harry Potter unannouced name). I can't wait to see the Fluffy AA. But yeah could you imagine if Belle got to walk with you to one of the story line scenes. I would melt.
And after fanatsy springs and Fanatsyland Expansion a brand new expansion is already in the works for Disneylands Tomorrowland.

SukaVayne33

And after fanatsy springs and Fanatsyland Expansion a brand new expansion is already in the works for Disneylands Tomorrowland.
Would be nice if DLR gets a MysticManor ride. Or, get PotC ride system over in DLR for one of the expansions. Thanks for letting me know, now my creative, and brainstorming mind are spinning faster & very excited for all these expansions.
Now is this BatB ride system and AAs, gonna be only exclusive to TDL? I think I seen maybe they were, or not gonna be somewhere on here

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom