Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

dennis-in-ct

A friend of a friend was able to attend a preview of fantasy springs and wrote this:
“So I had fun in Fantasy Springs. It’s GORGEOUS. Truly beautiful I swear Imagineers are so talented. If I were to say anything critical it would just be that it should have been the new Fantasyland instead of TDS because it doesn’t feel quite right being where it is. But that’s minor because it is HUGE and really stellar design. The rides are all good. Tangled makes Navi River Journey look long haha but it’s really beautiful. It’s 4.5 minutes but half of that is just the outdoor section so it feels like it ends right after it begins. But I think it was still my favorite just because I love that movie. Frozen is a retelling of the movie which always sort of annoys me but it’s really lovely. And long. And was broken most of the day because it’s technical. Great animatronics just like WDI has been doing everywhere lately. Peter Pan I thought was the best one, I’m not sure why people don’t like it. None of the rides are jawdropping or next level, but they’re super detailed and of course all about the kawaii. They’re all pretty much the same style as Beauty and the Beast at TDL. Expensive and kawaii. Haha. If you get in, eat at Arendelle. It’s lovely.

Honestly the area just in front of the hotel with the characters carved in the rocks and fountains is the most beautiful part to me. So peaceful and pretty. But it’s all just gorgeous. Arendelle is HUGE. “

mickEblu

Yeah, it’s screen based but I really like the execution of this attraction. The use of music is also particularly strong special shout out to follow the leader and the end. Animation is excellent, overall I’m a big fan.

A little screen heavy for me but charming nevertheless. You have to love that Peter Pan is still getting this much love so many years later. Wish some other classics would get this treatment. Now here is a ride where I would agree needs to be experienced in person to really understand. I don’t feel that way about the Frozen ride.

peng

Surprised on how set heavy peter pan was, felt like how Spidey is at USO in that way (as the other scoop rides aren't as heavy on scenery, especially transformers), where said screens are accompanied by very elaborate sets to add immersion and transition pieces between setpieces. Sad there wasn't any animatronics (they could probably could have done the skull island bit or the first time the crocodile appears with them), but it looks fun.

UNCgolf

I don't think Peter Pan looks bad; it just looks like a smaller side attraction rather than a headliner.

But that's because it's entirely screens, and they just don't work very well for me (I always feel like I could just be watching at home, because any additional motion never really moves the needle for me), so I know it's different for other people. The Tangled ride looks significantly better.

Last edited:

denyuntilcaught

I’ve seen some unjustified takes on here but to reduce Hagrid to “it’s a little more than”? ……..

Try much more; a great deal more. I agree the drop track and backward switch segments have been overused on coasters and thus overhyped——nothing novel with those.
But those attributes do not take away Hagrid’s other impressive features: 7 launches, eye popping ride vehicles, well positioned AA’s(2 or 3 outdoors), elaborate Q, track length/ride time, outstanding sound system and script
I hear you, but I just didn't find Hagrid's all that. It's vastly overhyped, IMO. The vehicles are lovely, but as bespoke as any ride I'd expect from Disney or Universal. The AAs and queue are indeed stellar. None of that elevates it to "best of" for me, except perhaps "best roller coaster" and not necessarily "best ride" but even then I'd have to give it a thought.

Brer Oswald

Yeah, it’s screen based but I really like the execution of this attraction. The use of music is also particularly strong special shout out to follow the leader and the end. Animation is excellent, overall I’m a big fan.

I normally harp on screen rides, but this one works really well for me. It looks like it has a perfect sense of flow to it. Excellent animation and layered sets. Perfectly charming and whimsical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom