Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

ThemeParkTraveller

That Frozen scene with Anna thawing from the act of true love has the potential to be very impressive.

So there are no AAs in Peter Pan after all, which was my biggest concern. What will make or break this ride for me is how immersive the 3D and motion are.

EDIT: The following non-spoiler review of it does make me more hopeful though.

It was the latest and most advanced attraction, with an overwhelming sense of immersion that elicited applause after the attraction, reminiscent of Tokyo Disney Resort's popular attractions ``Soarin'' and ``Beauty and the Beast: A Magical Tale.''.

Last edited:

WaltWiz1901

Everyone seems to want Lantern Festival cloned elsewhere already (and I can definitely understand why), I want the next Fantasyland expansion/refurbishment/new build, wherever it may be, to double down on this level of detail and overall scope (doesn't have to be all the same IPs either). Just this land, the stronger parts of the TDL FL next door, and then some combined would easily constitute the ultimate Fantasyland as far as I'm concerned

TalkToEthan

On a quick thought as far as I’m concerned not one of these 4 newbies even cracks the top 10 on property:

[[Beauty & Beast
Hightower Hotel
Crystal Skull
Splash Mnt
Sindbad
Journey to Center
20K Leagues
Hunny Hunt
Soarin
Monsters Inc]]

None of these FS rides merits headlining the resort.

As a package it’s an impressive release but individually I’m shaking my head “no”

At least the grounds and facades are top shelf, commensurate in quality with the rest of Disney Sea

tanc

On a quick thought as far as I’m concerned not one of these 4 newbies even cracks the top 10 on property:

[[Beauty & Beast
Hightower Hotel
Crystal Skull
Splash Mnt
Sindbad
Journey to Center
20K Leagues
Hunny Hunt
Soarin
Monsters Inc]]

None of these FS rides merits headlining the resort.

As a package it’s an impressive release but individually I’m shaking my head “no”

At least the grounds and facades are top shelf, commensurate in quality with the rest of Disney Sea

How can you be so certain none of these are a top ten ride and never even rode any? lol

This is the biggest expansion in Disney Sea's history, there is absolutely no way they are not going to headline these attractions in some sort of way.

MistaDee

the pics from peter pan dont look that amazing imo...it looks like the ride vehicles are made so you cant look to your sides, just straight ahead.....

Just like the Doom Buggies, these are built to direct the passengers view in one direction - very much an intentional design decision

I’m not really sure where this is coming from? Perhaps you’re commenting on criticism from outside the forum?

Frozen and Pan were absolutely built to be E-ticket attractions.

Tangled and Tink attractions were not. I don’t see anyone complaining about Tink, and the consensus on here seems to be that Tangled is punching above its weight regardless of whatever their goal was.

That said, unlike some other non-E-ticket attractions, Tangled seems like it could be greatly elevated into the next tier of attractions with a simple scene upgrade, whereas most C/D tickets usually would need several additional things.

I don’t really think that’s complaining that everything isn’t an E, it seems to be a very impressive ride for what it is.

Did Disney ever claim Frozen and Pan were going to be "E-tickets" - I genuinely don't know but even if that's what the rampant speculation on an online forum was, it's not fair to hold someone to a standard they never set for themselves.

I actually like the idea of building a land with multiple D tickets plus a C and B (no idea how modern rides would actually break down). Getting away from Galaxy's Edge style lands where all the money goes to one attraction seems like a more balanced approach.

TalkToEthan

there is absolutely no way they are not going to headline these attractions in some sort of way.

Of course OLC is headlining 1 to 3 of the rides—-absolutely it’s doing it………OLC has already put together Fantasy Springs vacation packages

……I’m saying from what I see *I’m* not calling them headliners.

lazyboy97o

Did Disney ever claim Frozen and Pan were going to be "E-tickets" - I genuinely don't know but even if that's what the rampant speculation on an online forum was, it's not fair to hold someone to a standard they never set for themselves.
Disney sets a ticket designation for every attraction. Just because they don’t always publicize it doesn’t mean it’s not the standard that was set.

Bayou

That Frozen scene with Anna thawing from the act of true love has the potential to be very impressive.

So there are no AAs in Peter Pan after all, which was my biggest concern. What will make or break this ride for me is how immersive the 3D and motion are.

EDIT: The following non-spoiler review of it does make me more hopeful though.
Even the photos with the 2d screen imagery look good. They blend in very well with their surroundings, 3d will just enhance that experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom