Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

PymParty

Any info on Toy Story Hotel ? it seems in full construction but it seems we barely have any description of it except the announcement. Also it seems the hotel doesn't use the full plot until the sea berm

Magic Feather

Didn't notice that until you pointed it out, but I agree.

I think it's a good idea if they do. Keeps the line moving.
The system has a great capacity. And, now that I see it, it even looks like it has the same wheelchair transfer/boarding station as the Paris version (where it looks like there is a small dock on the other side of the platform). Plus, I think this ride system is seldom used outside of Europe, making it a fun novelty for Japan.

Animaniac93-98

The system has a great capacity. And, now that I see it, it even looks like it has the same wheelchair transfer/boarding station as the Paris version (where it looks like there is a small dock on the other side of the platform). Plus, I think this ride system is seldom used outside of Europe, making it a fun novelty for Japan.

Do we know if the ride is all outdoors, or partially indoors?

BrianLo

Is it just me, or does it look like the Tangled boat ride is using the same ride system as the Storybookland Canal Boats in Paris?

Definitely looks like it.

Fata Morgana at Efteling uses a similar system. It makes way more sense than a motorized boat. It just obviously doesn't work if there are elevation changes.

Markiewong

Do we know if the ride is all outdoors, or partially indoors?
Partly indoors, the station will be outside. The showbuilding will be hidden behind a cave facade.

Schermafbeelding-2018-06-14-om-09.03.44.png

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
So i stumbled about this tweet though looking like a layout from the Enchanted Tales attraction.

The staging areas must be massive then since there are only 7 in-ride show scenes (10 including preshow and the load/unload areas)!

Going off this ride layout (and Google Translate), the show scenes are (excluding preshow, load, and unload):
1. Dining Room - Be Our Guest
2. Ice Skating ("Sprout of Love") - Something There
3. Balcony - Post-Beauty and the Beast
4. Unknown room (I think it might be The Mob Song or the battle sequence)
5. Duel between the Beast and Gaston
6. Transformation
7. Ballroom - Beauty and the Beast (Finale)

Last edited:

BrianLo

The staging areas must be massive then since there are only 7 in-ride show scenes (10 including preshow and the load/unload areas)!

Going off this ride layout (and Google Translate), the show scenes are (excluding preshow, load, and unload):
1. Dining Room - Be Our Guest
2. Ice Skating ("Sprout of Love") - Something There
3. Balcony - Post-Beauty and the Beast
4. Unknown room (I think it might be The Mob Song or the battle sequence)
5. Duel between the Beast and Gaston
6. Transformation
7. Ballroom - Beauty and the Beast (Finale)

Bell also has a scene or portion of the scene working her way through the forest based on the animatronics. A rendition of Gaston in the tavern would be the other candidate for a show scene, but perhaps doesn't make sense in the story truncation.

I do wonder if the ride will have a pre-show.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Bell also has a scene or portion of the scene working her way through the forest based on the animatronics.

This animatronic?
932.gif

Judging from the current scene line-up, it could be placed between Scenes 4 (if it is the Mob Song or the Battle) and 5 (duel). Belle is wearing that outfit when she arrives at the castle during the duel, though she's not seen holding a lamp at any point even in the prior scenes (correct me if I'm wrong though!):
Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 6.25.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 6.27.19 PM.png

I do wonder if the ride will have a pre-show.

They would have to address why is Belle in the castle in the first place since Scene 1 in-ride is Be Our Guest, so I'm pretty sure there's going to be a pre-show. Maybe even with a stained glass window (like the one in Hotel Hightower/Tower of Terror)?

Magic Feather

This animatronic?
932.gif

Judging from the current scene line-up, it could be placed between Scenes 4 (if it is the Mob Song or the Battle) and 5 (duel). Belle is wearing that outfit when she arrives at the castle during the duel, though she's not seen holding a lamp at any point even in the prior scenes (correct me if I'm wrong though!):
View attachment 466223
View attachment 466224

They would have to address why is Belle in the castle in the first place since Scene 1 in-ride is Be Our Guest, so I'm pretty sure there's going to be a pre-show. Maybe even with a stained glass window (like the one in Hotel Hightower/Tower of Terror)?
The animatronic appears to be the scene where Belle is first entering the castle to look for Maurice. Based on the flow of the ride, I could very well see it being in a pre-show.

UNCgolf

I guess that means there won't be scenes for Belle or Gaston (the songs) which is too bad, because both of those would be very cool.

I'm not surprised by that, though, and I think it's understandable. Both of those scenes require many additional characters.

ThemeParkTraveller

I guess that means there won't be scenes for Belle or Gaston (the songs) which is too bad, because both of those would be very cool.

I'm not surprised by that, though, and I think it's understandable. Both of those scenes require many additional characters.

The setting for those songs would also be very challenging to pull off in the ride since the village and tavern already exist outside the attraction. They would have to follow a similar format as Radiator Springs Racers, where the town exists both in and out of the attraction itself. It would be weird seeing a full-scale village outside and then revisit a scaled down version inside.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The animatronic appears to be the scene where Belle is first entering the castle to look for Maurice. Based on the flow of the ride, I could very well see it being in a pre-show.

Hm, that also makes sense. I can actually see a stained glass window being used to tell the first parts of the story (up to Maurice's imprisonment in the tower), followed by the entrance of this Belle animatronic into the preshow room ("Papa? Papa? Are you here? Where are you?"*) and probably one of Lumiere and Cogsworth (L: "Did you see that? It's a girl!" C: "I know it's a girl." L: "Don't you see? She's the one, the girl we have been waiting for! She's come to break the spell!"; C: "Hey, wait a minute! Come back here!"*), then the riders are ushered into the next room (load station).

*Possible dialogue, mind you. All based on the scene in the movie.

Last edited:

SweetDuffy101

I hope that the Anniversary celebrations would be move to September 2021. for USJ and TDS.

I've already been reading rumors that since the olympics is happening next year, There is a plan to scale back the anniversary and just slap the entertainment shows with an anniversary tags, And regarding new shows, If the pandemic didn't happen we could have had a teaser within the last week of april.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom