Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

SweetDuffy101

I heard rumblings that the new nighttime spectacular is being delayed and wont make the 20th anniversary delays, furthermore it looks like OLC has postponed its plans on time being. (aka classic attractions) Wont get the axe YET. and will remain in the park for the foreseeable future.

SweetDuffy101

I heard rumblings that the new nighttime spectacular is being delayed and wont make the 20th anniversary delays, furthermore it looks like OLC has postponed its plans on time being. (aka classic attractions) Wont get the axe YET. and will remain in the park for the foreseeable future.
Edit: We wont have any new attractions for the meantime after fantasy springs, And if I read it correct the 7 theme lands renovations has been removed, We might see budget Cuts on Fantasy Springs and Wait a little bit longer for new stuff to come in.

PiratesMansion

What is/are the classic attraction(s) that will be getting temporary reprieves?

jrhwdw

I still think TDS should have kept F! till November like planned! So... How long are we thinking TDS willl be without a night show for????

ThemeParkTraveller

I know OLC was projecting a record year before the coronavirus (which has surely hit everything hard), but I hope they don't make hasty decisions with budget cuts and cancellations for their long term plans. For the time being, they've said budgets for everything after New Fantasyland is "under consideration". If all goes well, next year should rebound back to their original target and hopefully encourage them to keep investments as originally planned.

BrianLo

This was OLC's original aim. Give every land a makeover like Fantasyland was suppose to have received in the first iteration of the plans. Even still they were looking at refreshes akin to Small World or Jungle Cruise slowly everywhere.

Things did somewhat change when the Fantasyland expansion was downscaled and the TDS expansion eventually upscaled, but they still affirmed that long term they wanted to individually hone in on every single land.

While delays are inevitable, OLC is still sitting on piles of cash from years of relative under-expansion. I think when the inevitable crowds return (TDR is still very domestic + regional dominant) plans will naturally resume.

This was OLC's original aim. Give every land a makeover like Fantasyland was suppose to have received in the first iteration of the plans. Even still they were looking at refreshes akin to Small World or Jungle Cruise slowly everywhere.

Things did somewhat change when the Fantasyland expansion was downscaled and the TDS expansion eventually upscaled, but they still affirmed that long term they wanted to individually hone in on every single land.

While delays are inevitable, OLC is still sitting on piles of cash from years of relative under-expansion. I think when the inevitable crowds return (TDR is still very domestic + regional dominant) plans will naturally resume.
I wonder where they'd find the room to expand? I can see how they'd expand Tomorrowland and Frontierland---they both hide expansive parking and backstage space behind their borders. Adventureland and Toontown seem more difficult. Toontown is bordered on both sides by Fantasy Land and Fanta Sea, while Adventureland is up against a road, Frontierland and World Bazaar. It'll be interesting to see how they go about expanding these lands, and whether any rides are demolished to make room.

I also hope OLC doesn't go the easy route with expansions (i.e Star Wars and Tron for Tomorrowland, Mickey and Minnie's for Toontown, Mystic Manor for Adventureland, etc.). Hopefully, OLC continues to innovate and asks Disney for some exclusive rides to differentiate their park, as they have with Enchanted Tales and FantaSea Springs.

BrianLo

I wonder where they'd find the room to expand? I can see how they'd expand Tomorrowland and Frontierland---they both hide expansive parking and backstage space behind their borders. Adventureland and Toontown seem more difficult. Toontown is bordered on both sides by Fantasy Land and Fanta Sea, while Adventureland is up against a road, Frontierland and World Bazaar. It'll be interesting to see how they go about expanding these lands, and whether any rides are demolished to make room.

I also hope OLC doesn't go the easy route with expansions (i.e Star Wars and Tron for Tomorrowland, Mickey and Minnie's for Toontown, Mystic Manor for Adventureland, etc.). Hopefully, OLC continues to innovate and asks Disney for some exclusive rides to differentiate their park, as they have with Enchanted Tales and FantaSea Springs.

I'm not sure they necessarily meant every land would get expanded. But a few keys attractions from each land could have been due for replacement and otherwise existing attractions would get an overhaul like they did for Jungle Cruise.

There was also a lot of coloured slurry that needs replacing and updating.

Rivers of America was the other on again, off-again major expansion plot.

Animaniac93-98

There was also a lot of coloured slurry that needs replacing and updating.

The green pavement was not as off putting as I thought it would have been IRL.

Also the reddish/brown pavement is classic Florida.

It's more noticeable because the walkways are so w i d e and there's no planters/trees to break up the space (that they need for crowds).

BasiltheBatLord

Japanese state of emergency was extended to May 31 today, but Abe said the situation will be re-evaluated May 14 and it's possible restrictions could be loosened around then if things are going well. (Trends seem to be going in a pretty positive direction at the moment, there has been a clear and measurable decrease in confirmed cases over the past couple weeks)

Doesn't change much for OLC most likely, they still have no reason to make any decisions until mid-May at earliest.

Last edited:

Brummyboy92

Fingers crossed. I pushed my trip back to September....for now. In theory I can push it back again cost free, so not the end of the world but I would love to be able to go this year, I am quietly confident it'll be okay.

Bit down today though, I was meant to be in Tokyo as we speak doing the go-karting in Akihabara....instead I am at home, and the weathers rubbish. LOL.

Piebald

Fingers crossed. I pushed my trip back to September....for now. In theory I can push it back again cost free, so not the end of the world but I would love to be able to go this year, I am quietly confident it'll be okay.

Bit down today though, I was meant to be in Tokyo as we speak doing the go-karting in Akihabara....instead I am at home, and the weathers rubbish. LOL.
The Mario Kart thing? I did it 2 years ago lol...fantastic time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom